Show us your Battlestations - 2014 Edition

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a new case, sloooowly upgrading my old pc... first step case :)

post-234086-0-53992000-1396903450.jpg

post-234086-0-23814500-1396903517.jpg

Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540

MB - Asus P5Q Pro

CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 ghz

Memory - 8 GB

OS windows 8.1 Pro

Graphics - MSI 7790 - Main card / MSI 7770 Slave card.

Totally loving the cable management, behind the motherboard its a rats nest, but upfront its nice and clean.

The fans on the case are a bit noisy, but I plan to put in a fan controller at some point.

• Like 2

OCZ gold series RAM sticks?

Yep been in since the machine was originally built havent had any issues at all.

Haven't posted here for a while, so :p

z8JS0GW.jpg

My PC hooked up to a Dell U2413 (left) and Dell U2412M (right). The U2413 is also connected to an HD cable box via HDMI. The two monitors are matching in design, but I wanted a wide gamut AH-IPS along with a standard gamut E-IPS just to get an accurate view in all situations. They're both calibrated with a Datacolor Spyder4PRO. The monitor arm is a SilverStone ARM Two.

Keyboard is a Func KB-460 and still using my trusty Logitech G500. Speakers on my desk are the renowned Audioengine A2+ powered speakers, and I got a Polk PSW108 subwoofer in the corner. It's a cheap sub, but it does the job for such a small space. :laugh: I also have a transmitter for my SteelSeries H Wireless headphones on the desk connected to my PC via optical.

• Like 3

I joined Neowin for the workstations thread... But haven't posted one of my original workstation for a while... Here's one for 2014.

<snip>

What desk is that? That would be awesome for me.

I joined Neowin for the workstations thread... But haven't posted one of my original workstation for a while... Here's one for 2014.

I don't think you have enough optical media ;)

What desk is that? That would be awesome for me.

The original Ikea Jerker. Unfortuately it's been discontinued but there may be a replacement model around now...

I don't think you have enough optical media ;)

i thought optical media died out when the Y2K bug hit??

:p Those are all old Backups/Music/TV/Movies archives. I have since transitioned to HDD's. I have a shelf of about 20 1TB drives for that purpose each in a plastic carrier. 

The original Ikea Jerker. Unfortuately it's been discontinued but there may be a replacement model around now...

Looks like Fredde is its close cousin.. :P

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50219044/

But, I have a previous desk with an actual top, not particle board. Can create something grand :)

This is my little corner my wife allotted for me.

Bke4RMXCYAA3Cv6.jpg:large

This is an old setup I used to have before I got sick and tired of sitting at a desk.

001axs.jpg

004mwt.jpg

Going back even further this is another desk setup I used to have

dscf1033f.jpg

dscf1022gm.jpg

Going waaayyy back. This is a PC I used to have. Actually I have been through a lot of PC's but this is all I have pics of.

007nt.jpg

Sony VAIO Running Ubuntu

Samsung 24Inch Monitor, Attached to an older Core 2 Duo (Not Shown)

Sonos Play:1

Nexus 7 Tablet.

I am thinking about replacing the desktop (Not Shown) and getting a LG 27inch IPS Monitor. 

@NightScreams- What size TV is that? On your wall? 52" maybe?

55" Samsung smart tv. Got another one in the same room for my wife.

It will tide me over until VR headsets come out ;)

The other shown on my older desk is a 32" Sony xbr 3D, sold it to a friend a while back. 3D just wasn't too interesting as I thought it would be.

I need a bigger/better desk. I have a wood desk from staples that is starting to sink because of the weight :/. I want an all glass L desk to fit in a right corner.

Blah. I also need to clean my desk off.

My desk is broken, actually. Cracked the top. Particle board, it hollow. My Duo screen stand was too much for it.

Break away from the desk. Use a retractable arm like those for TV's attached to the wall with a length of metal railing where your keyboard/mouse is attached. It will swing towards you out away from the wall to where you sit and then be pushed back against the wall when done. Just an idea.

I hate desks nowadays, they force you to sit in a specific way, such a lonely segregated experience. I try to do the more relaxed console like way and use a laptop for everything but gaming so I can be a little more mobile and be able to stretch out a bit.

I need a bigger/better desk. I have a wood desk from staples that is starting to sink because of the weight :/. I want an all glass L desk to fit in a right corner.

Blah. I also need to clean my desk off.

Ikea has some nice desks and tops, if you have one close by, and you can configure it to your liking

Disappointing, was expecting Thunderbirds bed sheets.

Does the RAF not let you have babes on the wall?

Yeah but I have them on the inside of my locker, and sadly kids bedsheets don't come in double or I would :)

My new computer is on its way.

I've decided to relegate my current Dell XPS 420 to an entertainment/Stepmania box in my room, and get a new XPS 8700 for my primary workstation. My XPS 420 has given me six good years with Vista (I was one of the few that didn't have massive problems), then Windows 7 (and currently dual-booting with Ubuntu 13.10). But my dad is starting to develop issues with his, so I'm being proactive about replacing mine.

I'm more a middle-of-the-road guy, so I'm getting a Geforce GTX 645 video card, 1TB HDD and 16GB memory. It helped that Microsoft finally restored the true Start Menu to Windows 8.1.

I'll probably get a SSD eventually, and rebuild it to boot off the SSD. I am not digging the steer away from full customization, though I suppose that's the wave of the future. I'm also not doing a touchscreen now. I'm using my current 22" 1080p LED, and eventually my 26" 1080p TV.

Once my computer has arrived and I'm sure I have everything transferred over, I'm gonna rebuild my old box with a fresh Windows 7 install and a dual-boot with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.