Show us your Battlestations - 2014 Edition

I spy someone else who uses 3CX Phone System.

Been using it since version 4 or so. Fantastic phone system for my needs... I am only considering moving to an Asterisk based system as I am transitioning away from Windows where possible in my server infrastructure.

LogicalApex: You're left-handed?

I am :D

Krome, on 28 Apr 2014 - 20:38, said:snapback.png

LogicalApex: You're left-handed?

I am  :D

So am I...  :punk:

• Like 1

LOL I love those junks under your monitors.  This is a lot more like my "Battlestation".

I do not know how people got their "Battlestation" so clean and clear.  Even if I clear the junk off my desk, I still have dust.  I would have to air-blow my Desktop PC often to have it working.  Can anyone give me some idea why you guys do not have any dust in your house?  Serious question.  I really wanted to have a clean room without dusts.  And yes I do have a fan to suck the air out of my room for air circulation.  Where I live, there's no way for air to circulate.

I vacuum the room and I wipe my desk at least once a week. Forces me to tidy up the space while I'm at it. Only takes 10 minutes or so. That's very little effort for the amount of time that I spend in there. The reward is that I have a home office where I actually want to spend time. That's important for productivity.

I've stood on things that weren't meant to be stood on me without a problem. Doesn't mean it wouldn't give out someday.

Ive had it for over 10 years and its as strong as ever.

• Like 1

Xenosion: Probaby not a good idea to jam a system using only 600Watt (or to be precise 480Watt) PSU.  I mean you have like 7 HDD + 2 ROM drives in there.  Not only that, your ASUS GPU is consuming extra juice.  Is that your current build?  I mean are you actually using that build?  Does not look like it has enough juice to support the entire system in the long run.  You may run into a lot of trouble and will have to troubleshoot why your PC is not working properly, later on.  Just a thought.

Um, what?

Edit: It's occurred to me that you're referring to my post on the first page. I barely saw you even posed a question to me.

Anyway, if my memory serves, it was 8 HDDs and 1 optical drive. 600 watts is enough for that. The video card barely accounts for anything. There's always those people overestimating how much wattage you need and it's mostly just waste.

Been using it since version 4 or so. Fantastic phone system for my needs... I am only considering moving to an Asterisk based system as I am transitioning away from Windows where possible in my server infrastructure.

Windows is our bread and butter at my company so running 3CX is only natural for us, we wanted something we could install and maintain more than the commercial appliances.

LOL I love those junks under your monitors.  This is a lot more like my "Battlestation".

I do not know how people got their "Battlestation" so clean and clear.  Even if I clear the junk off my desk, I still have dust.  I would have to air-blow my Desktop PC often to have it working.  Can anyone give me some idea why you guys do not have any dust in your house?  Serious question.  I really wanted to have a clean room without dusts.  And yes I do have a fan to suck the air out of my room for air circulation.  Where I live, there's no way for air to circulate.

Eh It's fairly organized and not too cluttered. ^.^ Do not have really anywhere else to put it anyhow. xD

Who makes that desk?

Bush. http://www.bushfurniturecollection.com/Bush-WC12936-Mocha-Cherry-Series-C-Corsa-Desk-72.htm

Its a great desk. Only complaint I have is that when I received it there was a small ding in the top on the right side of the desk. I called bush and they promptly sent out a brand new top no questions asked. The ding is so small, and the desk is together... I think the one coming in the mail is going to stay wrapped up. I really have no reason to open it. The ding is maybe 2x2 millimeters. Hardly worth taking it apart for. I used a brown sharpie to blend the spot in and it seems to have worked perfectly.

Bush. http://www.bushfurniturecollection.com/Bush-WC12936-Mocha-Cherry-Series-C-Corsa-Desk-72.htm

Its a great desk. Only complaint I have is that when I received it there was a small ding in the top on the right side of the desk. I called bush and they promptly sent out a brand new top no questions asked. The ding is so small, and the desk is together... I think the one coming in the mail is going to stay wrapped up. I really have no reason to open it. The ding is maybe 2x2 millimeters. Hardly worth taking it apart for. I used a brown sharpie to blend the spot in and it seems to have worked perfectly.

Thanks I'll check that out!

I'm confused... Why spend 'real money' and get 'some decent quality' from Ikea when you can spend 'real money' and get 'exceptional quality' from other companies? To me, I see Ikea and it always comes paired with a pretentious hipster toting an iPhone and Macbook. Face it. Generally Ikea is garbage. I do however like the idea of purchasing a countertop for a workspace. In fact I am thinking of going to Ikea this weekend to purchase one for a workbench in the garage. 

Quite a snobby attitude, 'real money' is a relative term, people buy from Ikea cause that's whats in their price range. 

Quite a snobby attitude, 'real money' is a relative term, people buy from Ikea cause that's whats in their price range.

just calling it like I see it. I do have the intention of going back to IKEA for some other ideas, but from what I've seen... Spending money at IKEA is the equivalent of wiping your ass with cash.

mine

second

Very odd set set up... Monitor stand off-center... keyboard with a slit in the middle... reminds me of those people born with the defect that slits between their mouth...

Hope you joking :laugh:

Looks like you got the blues.... :)