CCNA In A Month

Read the material. ;)

Honestly though, if it were me I would look back over the areas that I struggled with most, such as subnetting.

Really hate subnetting.  Have you looked at the practice tests available from InformIT/Pearsons, they may highlight areas you need to review?

I would suggest do more labs and if you can the fundamentals you're good to go. The more you do lab the more you'll understand the stuff (at least for me) and focus on stuff that you're really weak at.

No to show off, but subnetting is really easy once you understand it. There are more difficult areas that you need to focus on such as ACL, HSRP and GLBP, etc. Drop me a PM if you need any help and I'll do my best to help you. :)

Ahhhh thats excellent!!

I spent today on Subnetting. I got the forumlas

2^x  - 2 For Number of Hosts, x been the number of bits you have left over. So if you had /24 you would have 8 bits left over 2^8-2 = Number of Hosts

and 2^y for number of Subnets, y been the number you have left over from the original subnet mask??? I dont get this bit. I get that you have to convert it to binary....

The Number of subnets didn't click at all!  Maybe someone can explain this.

ACL's I got even the most complicated ones straight away in the Bootcamp we did. I think this is because I am working with security more so this makes more sense or maybe was more interesting to me. 

HSRP I get mostly too. GLBP just looked a bit like BGP for me. I will check this later. 

GLBP is nothing like BGP, which is a routing protocol.

The CCNA is, in my opinion, much harder than its given credit for. Prior to 2007 it was an entry-level certification that wasn't too difficult to pass but with the introduction of the CCENT and the various expansion in the CCNA syllabuses, it's much more difficult these days.

From my own experience, I'd say it's relatively important to have access to Cisco kit, and be using it on a fairly regular basis. You could probably pass the CCNA using Packet Tracer/GNS3 and various labs but I can pretty much guarantee that, whether you pass or not, you won't truly understand the material until you're putting it to use in real-life situations.

My best advice is get used to actually playing around with boxes. Get yourself on Packet Tracer and start doing some configurations, implants it more into your head.

So post your methods for subnetting in a CCNA exam?

I have got two but not sure I can understand how you get the number of networks. Number of hosts is easy.

Hello,

So post your methods for subnetting in a CCNA exam?

I have got two but not sure I can understand how you get the number of networks. Number of hosts is easy.

Have you started your CCNA prep now or have already started it and the exam is in a month?

This site is awesome: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ a lot of people there will help you and there is even a subnetting guide.