Blizzard Time

Well, I'm in Buffalo in the heart of the "once in a decade" winter storm and now have a blizzard warning. Taking the streets to my house a couple times I had to stop because all I could see literally was white. Haven't heard Blizzard warning in a long time. Just hope I don't lose power. It's about 14 degrees now with single digit temperatures in the next few days. I have no idea why I keep living here.

Well, I'm in Buffalo in the heart of the "once in a decade" winter storm and now have a blizzard warning. Taking the streets to my house a couple times I had to stop because all I could see literally was white. Haven't heard Blizzard warning in a long time. Just hope I don't lose power. It's about 14 degrees now with single digit temperatures in the next few days. I have no idea why I keep living here.

For all the reasons you just said, it sounds amazing.

• Like 2

It sounds like it would be amazing for about 5 minutes, and then you realise you are literally house bound till it all blows over, good luck if the power goes or you need more food etc. Hope your house survives the Blizzard with no outages!

In Indiana, we have 11.5 inches of snow on the ground now and they are calling for another 3 or more inches on Thursday night.  Our high temperature yesterday was -12 with a wind chill of -45.   So I feel for the OP.  I'm definitely over winter!!!

It sounds like it would be amazing for about 5 minutes, and then you realise you are literally house bound till it all blows over, good luck if the power goes or you need more food etc. Hope your house survives the Blizzard with no outages!

housebound... pfft. learn to winter tire and winter clothes. 

housebound... pfft. learn to winter tire and winter clothes. 

You - Location: Norway = Can handle weather

Me - Location: England = OMG It's drizziling what are we going to do?!?

In reality I'm not that bad, I just went out and bought some decent hiking boots just for my walk to work incase the weather gets much worse. 

• Like 3

I've seen some storms where I practically couldn't see out the windshield.  Not the best time to be driving.

That was fun.  Heh.

It's -15 here atm and we're enjoying ourselves.  I'm staying up most of the night to keep the furnace filled.

5AM though so I'll see you fine people some other time.

Here in Central Ohio on sunday they were calling for 6-10 inches of snow. and we didnt get any at all it just blew the snow we had around a bit. however, it did rain most of sunday. and yesterday and today it has been a constant -10 or so prior to wind chill and around -30 or so with wind chill.

I'm in the next big city, ROC, and it is cold as hell. I grew up in Mass, so I'm used to the cold/snow, but this is one of the coldest days I have ever experienced. It is currently -3 degrees F, and it feels a lot colder with windchill. That wind is just horrible. It also snowed here (about 2-3 inches). The wind is so strong, all the snow was blown off the cars, so that's a plus. 

Here we are complaining about the cold and in Canada they are probably running around in shorts saying that it might be cold enough to put shoes on rather than sandals :P

Hello,

We dont care what you people say.

WE WANT PICS!!!!11oneoneoneexclamationpoint1!! :p

(Putting all that reminded me of 2000 for some reason.........man Im getting old)

Now I know why it's all warm where I live. In fact the warmest winter I've ever witnessed. It's because you, Americans, have stolen it!

It is indeed weird to see temperatures go as low as -30? C in South Dakota and meanwhile +10? C in Alaska. Fun fun fun. Still nowhere near the Siberian winters.

Only got down to 9 F here this morning. Not going above 28 today though, but it's not too bad. I can deal with the cold just fine, thankfully it's dry and no snow here. My car doesn't do snow.

Here we are complaining about the cold and in Canada they are probably running around in shorts saying that it might be cold enough to put shoes on rather than sandals :p

weekend temps will be around 3C (37F) so yea, after this cold snap, I will be wearing some shorts and sandals!

We're just about done with the arctic blast here.  It was -20F for the past 2 days with windchills close to -50.  That's probably the coldest I've ever felt.

I was at the football game in Green Bay on Sunday, and luckily the cold blast was late to arrive, so it was only about 2-4F during the game with -20 wind chills.  I got a few pictures of a guy that wasn't wearing a shirt.  He was bright red by the end of the game and I'd have to imagine he had hypothermia.  

Was negative 20 yesterday.  Really getting tired of everyone posting pics of ice inside on their windows.  Like no one has seen ice before.

For that exact reason I haven't been on Facebook for the last day, hahah.

We're just about done with the arctic blast here.  It was -20F for the past 2 days with windchills close to -50.  That's probably the coldest I've ever felt.

I was at the football game in Green Bay on Sunday, and luckily the cold blast was late to arrive, so it was only about 2-4F during the game with -20 wind chills.  I got a few pictures of a guy that wasn't wearing a shirt.  He was bright red by the end of the game and I'd have to imagine he had hypothermia.  

That is crazy cold - I was watching that game from my nice warm living room, and I felt bad for all the people there, especially the people watching the game there. At least the players are active, and the coaches are focused/doing work. 

That is crazy cold - I was watching that game from my nice warm living room, and I felt bad for all the people there, especially the people watching the game there. At least the players are active, and the coaches are focused/doing work. 

I was actually surprised how close the game was.  I think everybody went in assuming the 49ers would run away with it.

I had plenty of thick layers and ski goggles, so I was mostly warm except for the occasional gust of wind.  It looked like most people prepared pretty well.

This pretty much sums up why we didn't tailgate  :rofl:

usp-nfl_-nfc-wildcard-playoff-san-franci

This morning it was about -5 and still now heavy winds and blizzard warning until tomorrow morning. Luckily, still have power. Not a whole lot of power loss in my area which is a blessing. No power with this wind and these temperatures would be NO fun.