Do you still need a XB Gold account to watch netflix?

Si

Also, the game is going to retail for like 70$ was considering pre-ordering, saw the price and noped.

Si

Also, the game is going to retail for like 70$ was considering pre-ordering, saw the price and noped.

All 3 verions are $59.99 according to amazon, where are you seeing $70? If there is a $70 version it's probably a digital deluxe or some such.

Do you still need a XB Gold account to watch netflix?

Yes

Do you need a playstation plus account to watch netflix on the ps4?

No

I don't own either console yet, but I think I know which one I'm going to get.

All 3 verions are $59.99 according to amazon, where are you seeing $70? If there is a $70 version it's probably a digital deluxe or some such.

My mistake, you are correct.  Could have sworn it was like 65$ or something on amazon when I looked yesterday.  Though ebgames is showing 69.99$ for ESO. Mind you so is destiny and various other games.

My mistake, you are correct.  Could have sworn it was like 65$ or something on amazon when I looked yesterday.  Though ebgames is showing 69.99$ for ESO. Mind you so is destiny and various other games.

Going to the Canadian site it shows $69.99 for me. Maybe they're still place holder prices.

Going to the Canadian site it shows $69.99 for me. Maybe they're still place holder prices.

Future shop is showing it as 65$.  I think the price of games has gone up here lately because of the Canadian dollar.

I don't own either console yet, but I think I know which one I'm going to get.

Not really relevant, there's no netflix in Australia anyway.

Other PSN games require PS Plus for online games, really a moot point

• Like 2

Sorry for my ignorance, but is this the online Skyrim game with no dragons?

Check the thread on here about it.

It's essentially single player but you see what everyone else is doing at the same time and have to pay monthly for it.

So Sony have given them an exemption then?

Seems so. Sony said all free MMO's would never require PS+, but they never mentioned paid ones. Maybe all paid ones will follow suite of TESO, or it will be on an ask basis. I guess FF14 will be the next paid PS4 MMO.

Paid MMOs are beginning to be a bit of a dying beast anyway.

edit: Just answered my own remark, FF14 will not require PS+

Maybe Sony is getting a share of the subscription fees then.

Or they just don't see the need to paywall a game that already has a paywall? Not saying you couldn't be correct, but hypothetical rebuttal, does MS get a slice of the Netflix sub?

However

Square Enix managed to strike a deal with Sony so that the PS4 version of the game will not require a PlayStation Plus subscription. There will also be no difference in subscription cost with the current versions.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/14/final-fantasy-xivs-ps4-version-will-not-require-playstation-plus-to-play/

"Strike a deal" is interesting...

I would much rather see a pay for what you play thing. Hourly rate or something like that. Often I may not play a game for several months or whatever. I go back n forth with Skyrim as it is, no way I could pay a monthly rate knowing I may only play it a couple hours here and there. It's the only thing that has always kept me away from MMO's like this.

Not really relevant, there's no netflix in Australia anyway.

Other PSN games require PS Plus for online games, really a moot point

It's not about the netflix.

Yeah, this won't go over well.

If Sony made a deal with these developers in order to exempt them from requiring ps+, then that puts a lot of pressure on MS.

MS is not against allowing mmos to be exempt from requiring Gold in the past though, so I wonder if we will see this change before this game launches.

Interesting, I am not surprised due to how Microsoft has their tiered (Gold and Silver) account levels set up. I will just wait for the game to be free then download it and buy the sub. I can see this happening in under a year. Its ridiculous that you have to pay $60 just to pay $15 a month afterwords. I don't image this being a big issue as most people who have live are gold members.

Umm but it does. not only, but it does. 

It might be hosted on azure servers but MS isn't hosting any of the ESO server stuff on their xbox live servers so no, it quite clearly and obviously doesn't.

It might be hosted on azure servers but MS isn't hosting any of the ESO server stuff on their xbox live servers so no, it quite clearly and obviously doesn't.

If MS is allowing them to use those servers for free, then that would change the discussion. They did say they were providing free access to developers, so who knows.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/28/the-elder-scrolls-online-wont-require-ps-plus-will-require-xbo/

Any "beating the dead horse" comments won't be tolerated. News is news. Discuss it civilly or not at all.

I wonder if those talks are still ongoing or if its a done deal. Time will tell.

Pre order bonus packs have been announced. If you get the imperial edition you get 5 day head start and access to an exclusive race.

If the only way to access that race is to pay money then that completely turns me off from this game.