Huawei Tron - The tegra 4, 2gb ram android console inc controller - $120

vs01-08_1812mn_1_verge_super_wide.jpg

vs01-08_1811mn_verge_super_wide.jpg

• Android 4.2
  • Tegra 4 (quadcore cortex a15 at an unknown clockspeed)
  • 2gb ram
  • 16gb storage
  • 802.11ac wifi
  • bluetooth 3.0
  • 1 x usb 3.0 port
  • 1 x ethernet port (unknown if gigabit or not)
  • micro sd card slot
  • hdmi
  • 3.5mm stereo jack.
  • Huawei game controller.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/8/5288576/huaweis-tron-android-console-hands-on

I really hope someone roots this and makes a ubuntu linux rom for it, would be a cheap low power pc.

Personally I think these Android consoles have a future but they're a bit too early.

Soon, thanks to Apple releasing the A7, there will be 64bit ARM SoC's and full OpenGL/DirectX GPUs thanks to the Tegra K1 and with OS support (Android 5?) these things may actually be really cool. They aren't going to compete in specs with the PS4 or Xbone but for half the price they'll be "good enough" for many people. We aren't quite there yet but it's only about a year or so until we are with the rapid pace of mobile development.

Hello,

I hope you know that with that you prove you have no idea what you are talking about, right?

There are ways to install Ubuntu on Android phones.  Basically replacing the Android OS with Ubuntu.  I would think this wouldnt be much different if someone really wanted to do it.

A MacPro-like case with tegra running android, that uses controllers shaped like the XB1's that have a touchpad on top like the PS4's.

ok

Well mac didn't invent the cylinder you know, they invented a pc that looks like a trash can :p

Well competition is always good. Ouya is at the top right now for Android consoles and I can tell you it's not the sharpest tool in the shed.