If you were Microsoft's new CEO, what would you do?

The first Friday of every month, Microsoft's central office would shut down in the afternoon for gaming. XBox Live games, chess, Monopoly, Magic the Gathering, whatever. I'd have a basketball court installed, and occasionally rent a local mini golf place for the afternoon.

The game days would help improve employee satisfaction and team dynamics.

This should be every workplace.

Start selling Windows XP again and rebrand it as Windows 9.

No UAC and classic start menu - what else does a "power user" need in life?

This should be every workplace.

Higher employee satisfaction means better performance.

It's a shame a particular former boss of mine seemed to think the exact opposite.

4. It wouldn't take a lot of cash. OSX can already take some AD policies. Macs are in more demand in businesses. 

which businesses are buying more Macs than PCs? Lenovo/Dell probably sell more PCs to businesses in one quarter than Mac's entire annual sales.

Have you ever used OSX with AD? It is horrible. (Our IT may be at fault but given that our Linux, Unix, VMware and Windows machines run flawlessly, I would blame OS X)

which businesses are buying more Macs than PCs? Lenovo/Dell probably sell more PCs to businesses in one quarter than Mac's entire annual sales.

Have you ever used OSX with AD? It is horrible. (Our IT may be at fault but given that our Linux, Unix, VMware and Windows machines run flawlessly, I would blame OS X)

It isn't a competition.. Good for them.. Yes, I have used AD with OSX.. And I am starting to implement Open Directory as well.. Not all companies HAVE to have Windows.. I am working with a mixed environment.. For the Internet\Email folks, Linux, for some that don't require any special programs, iMacs and Mac Minis.. For ones that have to have special software that only runs on Windows., Windows.. Just doing what best suites our needs and saving money.. No need to upgrade a XP computer to whole new hardware when the user only needs internet and mail.. they can use xubuntu just fine and I can get another year or two out of that hardware.. helps my bottom line.. 

Give the choice of Metro or Desktop at Start Up. Get rid of the Hidden UI and Horizontal Scrolling in Metro. Appropriate all iconography. And make the Office Suite free on both operating systems.

Hello,

Some of the following has order, some doesn't:

Well first I would sit with the board; I would need to know approval ratings of the previous CEO and know what they at a personal level believe think would drive the company forward. Just to see what they think Microsoft was, is and will go. The most important thing I have to do is convince the board that my first act as CEO will be to immediately take a leave of absence. Very difficult.

After that I would make a reunion with Gates, Ballmer and Nadella. Ask them about their personal vision as well and our past weaknesses.

Once that is done, out of respect, I would problably appoint Nadella the new COO (I would make Turner another key figure, possibly a new position, because these management changes are not his fault). Why? I believe if I want to make the company better, I need to know all aspects of it before actually doing something. Nadella would run the company basically while I take a leave of absence (LOA).

Before my LOA, I would like to know Nadella on a business and personal level to make sure that I can trust everything he decsides will be best for the current future of the company. Also, we should set some min key goals to achive during my LOA.

During this leave of absence, my primary goal will be to travel to all of Microsoft's facilities and have meetings with key members to note positive and negative aspects of not only that section of the company (Xbox, search, etc.) but the employees. Happy employees equal more productive employees.

I imagine this will take me at least a year so during that time, Nadella's decisions will first come thru me and if I approve they are final (No, I would not approve making Windows open source)

Knowing the company would take some time, around a year or so, so the company would basically be run by Nadella.

After returning, I would let the board know how all the aspects of Microsoft are working and more importantly how I plan to improve them. Improving them means making more revenue. This will please the board and make them get off my back so to speak (a bit). Now starts my official job as CEO at Microsoft...

First area of interest (currently, excluding anything Ive learned from other facilities which automatically maybe queued first if more interesting) and my main goal I that think I want to achieve if Im CEO of Microsoft is the Windows Store. It, along with Windows Update (as software, not the technology behind it), would be discontinued and we would immediately start developing the Windows Software Center (WSC), stating that we believe that the package management system is something great that came out of various distributions of Linux and we would like to implement it (no shame in this). This system basically implements everything you have seen in Linux and then some.

We would get a team dedicated completely to this. The team will work with the developers of Windows Installer to adapt it for WSC. We would heavily push for developers to use this format and provide heavy documentation on how they can convert whatever installer then have (InstallShield, NSIS, etc) to Windows Software Installer (.WSI). WSC will also have a legacy mode that acts as a wrapper for previous installers or other installers (such as those listed above). The WSC implementation (not the code itself) and WSI will be open source and allowed to be used on other OSs if wished.

Related to this, Windows will be always released updated. Every 3/6 months, a additionally DVD (or Blu-Ray be it starts to pick up) will be included in a retail box with all updates on it (I prefer the RTM disc to remain vanilla). Resources for easier slipstreaming will be provided.

Moving on, we would either split or create a new seperate Windows development team. I believe internally I can be convinced that Modern UI is the way to follow and we will follow these footsteps. OEM installations will be modified; At the start of every Windows OOBE, they will be asked if they which to include OEM software (crapware) or a standard vanilla Windows. By default, OEM software will be included unless the other option is selected.

Why a new team? I would reorder a rewrite of Windows. Even though this version will problably never see the light of day, we can see obviously limitations.

We would officially kill the 32 bit version of Windows. There is no reason nowadays to keep it and it is holding back development areas. A "short effort" will be implemented to make a virtual system that supports legacy apps but will not be supported or recommended.

Erase exFAT and merge it with NTFS and lower licensing fees for NTFS. Its a long time coming and NTFS should be the dominant file system (Im not saying its best or worst, but due to our company's best intrest, it should)

Moving on some more (this post will get too long), kill the Windows Phone brand. Windows should be runnable (and installable) on phones, tablets, and personal computers. The phones spec for Windows will be rewritten (forth time, risky but) and, in a way Linux hasn't been able to do, solidify it all. We would work with Intel (because buying them is not a option) in making sure a shift from ARM to x86-64 happens on phones. This includes OS optimizations and hardware optimizations to improve battery life, where the key point is.

And yeah, I said it: Installable.......on phones.......and personal computers. Due to our push for x86-64 on all devices, we pressure our competition (Apple and Google) to do the same. Once they make that shift, we come in: Make Windows installable on iDevices and Android devices (we will already make Windows compatible with all Macs so you can install it OVER OSX). Yeah I said it. Basically pushing them out of the market because everyone will want to (try) play Crysis 2 on whatever device they have. Monopoly? Yes. Was Microsoft sued/punished for it? Yes. What is the dominating operating system right now? Yeah, thought so.

Another decision I would make is to absorb Bing. Its a lost project and its team would be better suited to Outlook or Azure.

Buy Teamviewer. :laugh: That's a personal one but yes, I would acquire Teamviewer, I would discontinue Windows Remove Assistance and, using Teamviewer, implement Windows Remote Help. Disabled by default, of course.

Xbox: Years ago, Microsoft had the vision of putting a PC in everyone's home. My vision would be to put a Xbox (yes, with Kinect) in every living room. Various of Xbox's would start to appear (some sort of rebranding would be necessary, these would be placeholders): Xbox G (gaming capabilities only), Xbox TV (tv/sat capabilities only), and Xbox 9 (I would unify Windows 9, Windows Server 9, and Xbox under one common version/number, again solidifying OSs and updates).

While on the subject of solidifying, the .NET Framework and Visual Studio. Buy Xamarin (even possibly before buying Teamviewer) and start allowing development on other OSs (including Android and iOS). NO; Neither .NET Framework or Visual Studio will be open source but they will run on other OSs.

Relook at Skype; I think it has huge potential but hasn't been explored. Buying WhatsApp is very difficult so we would have to compete head to head with them. I think why most people put off Skype is its too bloated (it feels almost like a Java program of sorts). If it doesn't work, sell Skype.

Rethink about Office. The subscription base is a good start but we need to make people want to buy Office products even more. Also, there is no reason to actually have Office in a home! I would revive Works after studying what people need and use. Works would problably include: Works (word processor), Excel (full version), Windows Live Mail, and Windows Journal (a alternative to OneNote). That's it. It could cost, for example, pulling a number out of my ass, 100 bucks. A bundle with Powerpoint 150 bucks (Powerpoint itself costing 100 bucks).

Id problably drop Surface, maybe a last release called Surface but would be the Courier actually.

After, I would work on all aspects of improvement in other facilities Ive seen.

I think Ive touched on almost every aspect :) Anything missing and you are interested, let me know :p

I am always entertained by the thought of this, so here's my view...

I would focus Microsoft far more on the consumer end of things than they are now. Media Center would make a big comeback, and Xbox would have different flavors. PC would be the heart of everything.

First, Xbox would become more of a "steambox" than a standalone console. There would be an option for console, but not the main one -- and an addon for the main system. The main system would be able to stream (and control) PC games. So you would have a small box (Roku size) that gives you functionality that the Roku does, in addition to having Bluetooth (for existing controllers) and Windows would be updated to support a stream via RemoteFX for over the wire gaming from your PC. Imagine, you buy a game on your PC, log in with your Microsoft account, and you can play it streaming anywhere in your house with a $99 device.

So now you want a full on console? You get the console system (which the main system "plugs" into) and can play with the Xbox as a console.

Do you want to be entertained? In addition to getting Netflix, Hulu, etc streaming, Microsoft would use its influence to pull together all the media companies (AMC, TBS,  USA, etc) and provide "apps" for the Xbox dashboard to allow you to consume them either with an existing cable subscription, or with an 'ala carte' model buying them directly.

Do you want to still use your DVR? Then there will be an Xbox CableCard reader that plugs in via USB3 into your PC, and installs the new version of media center to watch live TV, record TV, and play back to either the Xbox Media Appliance (TM pending!), mobile device, etc. Additionally it will manage any existing home movies, music, video by improving the Xbox Video service as well as Xbox Music, enabling cloud matching for music and movie metadata.

Windows Phone and Windows would be API compatible, with different UIs allowing for development on either platform. Windows Server would be a touch SECOND interface, and the Metro interface would be improved for mouse usage as in the mockups we have seen all over the web where Metro is merged into the start bar. Metro for touch devices would be improved, multiple monitor support improved, and multiple desktops AVAILABLE FINALLY.

On the enterprise end things would continue as they are, improving Office Online, Server, etc.

A new focus would be given to marketing, to lose the Windows BSOD idea, to enhance the consumer thought of Microsoft versus Google and Apple. Privacy would be at the fore and a distinguishing factor between us and the competition -- we will be the privacy company. We make money through software, not through knowing everything about you. We make the product -- you are NOT the product.

I'm sure there is more, but that's off the top of my head.

Hello,

I am always entertained by the thought of this, so here's my view...

I would focus Microsoft far more on the consumer end of things than they are now. Media Center would make a big comeback, and Xbox would have different flavors. PC would be the heart of everything.

First, Xbox would become more of a "steambox" than a standalone console. There would be an option for console, but not the main one -- and an addon for the main system. The main system would be able to stream (and control) PC games. So you would have a small box (Roku size) that gives you functionality that the Roku does, in addition to having Bluetooth (for existing controllers) and Windows would be updated to support a stream via RemoteFX for over the wire gaming from your PC. Imagine, you buy a game on your PC, log in with your Microsoft account, and you can play it streaming anywhere in your house with a $99 device.

So now you want a full on console? You get the console system (which the main system "plugs" into) and can play with the Xbox as a console.

Do you want to be entertained? In addition to getting Netflix, Hulu, etc streaming, Microsoft would use its influence to pull together all the media companies (AMC, TBS,  USA, etc) and provide "apps" for the Xbox dashboard to allow you to consume them either with an existing cable subscription, or with an 'ala carte' model buying them directly.

Do you want to still use your DVR? Then there will be an Xbox CableCard reader that plugs in via USB3 into your PC, and installs the new version of media center to watch live TV, record TV, and play back to either the Xbox Media Appliance (TM pending!), mobile device, etc. Additionally it will manage any existing home movies, music, video by improving the Xbox Video service as well as Xbox Music, enabling cloud matching for music and movie metadata.

Windows Phone and Windows would be API compatible (they already are), with different UIs allowing for development on either platform. Windows Server would be a touch SECOND interface, and the Metro interface would be improved for mouse usage as in the mockups we have seen all over the web where Metro is merged into the start bar. Metro for touch devices would be improved, multiple monitor support improved, and multiple desktops AVAILABLE FINALLY.

On the enterprise end things would continue as they are, improving Office Online, Server, etc.

A new focus would be given to marketing, to lose the Windows BSOD idea, to enhance the consumer thought of Microsoft versus Google and Apple. Privacy would be at the fore and a distinguishing factor between us and the competition -- we will be the privacy company. We make money through software, not through knowing everything about you. We make the product -- you are NOT the product.

I'm sure there is more, but that's off the top of my head.

All bold parts just no.

Especially the underline part, Microsoft?s stock would drop massively with you as its CEO :laugh:

Hello,

All bold parts just no.

Especially the underline part, Microsoft?s stock would drop massively with you as its CEO :laugh:

If you look at big enterprise firms, it's rare to see any movement on their stock price because there's no market excitement about them. Apple gets a lot of this benefit, as does Google, because they are consumer facing. And I think MS needs to take a page from them and turn its efforts onto consumers, because the next generation of IT adoption will do so based in a realm where Apple and Google are prevalent, and graduating from college their options to turn to MS solutions and products are less and less. It's a long term play and effort in that direction.

I think we will have a difference of opinion, as you feel .NET/VS/etc should basically become Linux.... open platform, cross platform support, etc. But what Microsoft makes money at, and why they are successful, is because they sell you an ECOSYSTEM. This is what is fundamentally flawed about your take...  you take away the need for Windows with Visual Studio, and you lose a revenue stream as well as take on a lot more developer resources to support multiple environments. And now you have the problem of competing with others (cross platform and all) for getting parts of a market that before, you had entirely to yourself.

For example your idea on making a yum like repository for MS is great -- it's actually already offered through Windows Update -- nobody uses it. Companies like to be in charge of their own software in that respect, and to boot -- it only works for Linux software that is open source and free. Paid software doesn't come on a yum repository, you still have to get the tarballs and install them from whomever you are buying the software from.

Hello,

If you look at big enterprise firms, it's rare to see any movement on their stock price because there's no market excitement about them. Apple gets a lot of this benefit, as does Google, because they are consumer facing. And I think MS needs to take a page from them and turn its efforts onto consumers, because the next generation of IT adoption will do so based in a realm where Apple and Google are prevalent, and graduating from college their options to turn to MS solutions and products are less and less. It's a long term play and effort in that direction.

The consumer is the last of the line because large enterprises is where the money is at.

Apple and Google maybe popular but they arent are powerful or respected as Microsoft. Google is getting there, Apple is just falling flat on their faces with their hip products. Yes, it will make them survive as a company but they will never grow a significant amount.

you feel .NET/VS/etc should basically become Linux.... open platform, cross platform support, etc.

Awesome. You completely blew over my post:

NO; Neither .NET Framework or Visual Studio will be open source but they will run on other OSs.

99% of Microsoft's technology such NEVER be open source. Microsoft started as a closed source company, it should continue

But what Microsoft makes money at, and why they are successful, is because they sell you an ECOSYSTEM.

What? No.

Apple sells you a ecosystem. Microsoft forces OEM companies such as Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. to buy a license to put on PC/laptop. Thats one of the main profits of Microsoft.

This is what is fundamentally flawed about your take...  you take away the need for Windows with Visual Studio, and you lose a revenue stream as well as take on a lot more developer resources to support multiple environments. And now you have the problem of competing with others (cross platform and all) for getting parts of a market that before, you had entirely to yourself.

People would stop using other languages such as C or C++; The .NET Framework is basically one of the more superior ones out there right now. A Linux programmer can basically write his code, test it on any OS, and sell his product easier and faster. Of course, paying a developer's fee, if need be.

For example your idea on making a yum like repository for MS is great -- it's actually already offered through Windows Update -- nobody uses it.

What? Where in Windows Update can I search for "Winamp" and download it directly from there? I cant.

Microsoft must make it easy for developers to integrate their software directly into the OS with the Windows Software Center.

Paid software doesn't come on a yum repository, you still have to get the tarballs and install them from whomever you are buying the software from.

Ubuntu-12.04-Software.jpg

Can you please stop? You seem to have no idea what you are talking about.

The Ubuntu Software Center is an app store. It's not a yum repository by itself, but uses yum to pull the tarballs after they have been paid for (through the app). That's why you can't download WebSphere, or Weblogic, or other enterprise software through it -- just smaller "app" type. For that, there is already the app store for Windows.

As for focusing on the customer, I don't think that it has to take away from the enterprise end of things. Microsoft *does* sell you an ecosystem, Apple actually doesn't unless you think of iTunes as an ecosystem. On the enterprise level, you buy Windows server, then you get say, SharePoint to support your intranet (because you have Windows servers), then you get system center to manage the enterprise, then you get BizTalk to handle some messaging components, and office online because it's the premiere office suite that integrates with everything else Microsoft sells. That is a real enterprise ecosystem. And that's why MS makes money from it so well. The licensing fees they make to OEMs only account for Windows, but their cash cows are in Office and Server products as well. Apple and Google have grown leaps and bounds in the last 5 years, so your idea that "hip products" don't make the company grow is quite a bit off the mark.

One correction on my part, Windows Update yanked the ability (with windows 8) to provide 3rd party support, so my bad on that... used to be the case that MS wanted all software makers to offer their patches (not software) through the Windows Update mechanism.

Ultimately I still think that MS needs to be proactive on the consumer side, only because it's what gets them to be a relevant company in a long term sense. When a young generation feels that MS is not cool, their likelihood to learn alternative technologies than what MS offers is very high. However, if they think Xbox is great, have a Windows phone (which plays into the ecosystem argument above even more with Onedrive, Xbox, Office, etc), and go through their life using MS technologies, they will also learn those if they turn to technology in the future.

A CEO is supposed to be a visionary, not just a person that keeps the profits going doing the same old thing. Granted there are those types of CEOs, but that's why everybody hated Ballmer, because he knew how to make money without changing much at all.

Send all users of the modern UI on to surface RT and pro versions. keep the rest of windows as it is.

And how is this a solution for those of us who like Metro on our full-size machines? This is exactly the sort of thing I complained about in the Windows 9 Concept thread. Limiting the choices for others because you don't like Metro.

"Give us a choice" when what you really mean is "Give us our choice, and the heck with anyone else!"

You wanna go all traditional UI, that's fine - let's make that possible. But why ruin it for others?

• Like 2

If I were the new ceo of microsoft, I would go to every hot chick I could find and tell them I was the new ceo.  I would have a harem in no time. 

After I was done filling my harem with about 20-40 hot chicks, I would then go on to fire anyone who had anything to do with thinking that jumping right to metro on a desktop was a good idea.

Once done with the firing, I think I would sit back and genuflect on the fact that I was CEO of one of the most influential companies in the world. 

Once done with that I would go and push surface pro manufacturing, those things are so back logged that I am still on a waiting list from November.  I received 1 out of the 4 I ordered, the 256 and 512GB are backordered for months.

After that was done, powershell is next.  Consistency between oses versions are a must, don't keep changing the command structure...do it and you will be terminated (see the metro asshats for reference).

Exchange team is to follow...why do you have to f up a system that has worked since 5.5...bunch of retards...

after I was done cleaning house with idiots, I will then visit my harem for inspiration and naked chicks. 

Stop consumer devices and software and focus on business since that's the majority of their income anyway. It's also what they are best at doing. All their consumer products put together don't even touch what they make from their business products and support.

This focus would also cut back on the bloat of the company and make it a little more streamlined as well as focused. I would then spinoff the Xbox division as a separate and stop with the consumer OS and mobile because let's face it, they are not getting anywhere here financially, desktop sales are way down, they can't stir up dust on mobile phones and the tablets are..well, you know.

The rest of you appear to be more consumer centric  because you are consumers and you're asking a company that is not in a position of infrastructure to do most any of that without dropping stock to the negatives. You would literally have to break the company down and start from scratch but the stockholders wouldn't let you anyway so your f***

Better yet, just install classic shell, and carry on. It'll take less energy than to constantly complain on an Internet forums because Big Bad Microsoft made something you don't like. Of course, just clicking on the desktop tile, then setting the desktop as the default boot would take even less time than installing Classic Shell, but who am I to judge...

What would I do?

Keep working on Windows on ARM with the intent of providing future Windows Server versions for 64bit ARM based servers.  In the short term though this means keep supporting Surface as essentially a beta test for Windows on ARM (remove the desktop from the next version of surface tablets).  Work on making Windows Phone become this so eventually Windows Phones and Surface devices run the same OS... in fact they'd both be ARM versions of the same OS that runs on x86-64 PCs.  One OS to rule them all (with different UIs depending on the device capabilities on which it is installed)

Make a unified touch centric API for devices from Windows Phone to tablets to the Desktop.  Try to make it as compatible as possible with the APIs it replaces (Windows Phone, Metro, etc.) but have one API and one common store (with smart filters based on device capabilities).  Expose this API for any developer to use on a desktop machine.  So developers can create and distribute apps on their own if they CHOOSE to, including internal apps without needing the Windows Store.

Spin off most hardware. (Surface, Surface Pro, Nokia Phones, etc.) and go back to licensing software and selling services mostly. (keep mouse, keyboard, controller, Xbox, etc.)

Make an Xbox One version without the Kinect and add a flag a developer to set when a game launches to recover the 10% reserved for it.  So games who don't want to use Kinect can ask the OS for those resources back but those that do want Kinect (and games from before the flag) still have it.  Reduce the price of this version to match the PS4.

Make iOS and Android versions of Office as feature rich and as quickly as possible.  So there would be 5 versions of Office.  PC (desktop), Mac, Touch (tablet/Windows Phone), iOS (as similar to Touch as possible but using iOS APIs), Android (as similar to Touch as possible but using Android APIs).  Ideally most of the Touch, iOS, and Android code would be in common libraries with just different platform native UI code.

Their server and tools and web services are generally moving along pretty darn well so I wouldn't change much except where it intersects with what is above.

Hello,

The Ubuntu Software Center is an app store. It's not a yum repository by itself, but uses yum to pull the tarballs after they have been paid for (through the app). That's why you can't download WebSphere, or Weblogic, or other enterprise software through it -- just smaller "app" type. For that, there is already the app store for Windows.

So now you want to orientate your POV towards enterprise software huh...

Microsoft would push developers to use the Windows Software Center but they cannot and should not force them. If a company for whatever reason wishes not to, they dont have to but they would get much more free publicity posting on the WSC.

There is no Microsoft app store for Windows and all its products both Modern UI and desktop based.

As for focusing on the customer, I don't think that it has to take away from the enterprise end of things. Microsoft *does* sell you an ecosystem, Apple actually doesn't unless you think of iTunes as an ecosystem. On the enterprise level, you buy Windows server, then you get say, SharePoint to support your intranet (because you have Windows servers), then you get system center to manage the enterprise, then you get BizTalk to handle some messaging components, and office online because it's the premiere office suite that integrates with everything else Microsoft sells. That is a real enterprise ecosystem. And that's why MS makes money from it so well. The licensing fees they make to OEMs only account for Windows, but their cash cows are in Office and Server products as well.

Again NOW you want to focus on enterprise? OK I guess...

Microsoft does not sell you a ecosystem, rather developers force users into a Microsoft ecosystem. Its very different. This is not entirely MS's fault nor is it the developers.

Every application out there can be written to any OS but its simply easier on a MS product (not only your audience is huge). Apple? Their hardware is made for their software and visaversa.

Apple and Google have grown leaps and bounds in the last 5 years, so your idea that "hip products" don't make the company grow is quite a bit off the mark.

Im gonna give you a perfect example of Google's hip product: Android. A cheap phone because of a free OS.

They give that hip look of it being a cheap product so everyone buys it and it floods the market. But their main cash cow are obiously carriers that sell the OS. And on top of that, MS makes a buck off it.

Do not confuse growing leaps and bounds with catching the public eye's intrest. There is a HGUE difference.

One correction on my part, Windows Update yanked the ability (with windows 8) to provide 3rd party support, so my bad on that... used to be the case that MS wanted all software makers to offer their patches (not software) through the Windows Update mechanism.

They didnt yank it, its just that it has been put in the app store.

that's why everybody hated Ballmer, because he knew how to make money without changing much at all.

You should have started there. Making a statement such as "everybody hated Ballmer" make the rest of your post irrelevent and not worthy of even being read.

Hello,

What would I do?

Keep working on Windows on ARM with the intent of providing future Windows Server versions for 64bit ARM based servers.  In the short term though this means keep supporting Surface as essentially a beta test for Windows on ARM (remove the desktop from the next version of surface tablets).  Work on making Windows Phone become this so eventually Windows Phones and Surface devices run the same OS... in fact they'd both be ARM versions of the same OS that runs on x86-64 PCs.  One OS to rule them all (with different UIs depending on the device capabilities on which it is installed)

Only good part of your post.

The problem is that Intel and Microsoft have always been in love. ARM is that low budget chick that is pleasing but at the end of the day, is just lazy.

ARM is getting more and more intresting but it still has a long way to go (always has)