Permit to hunt an endangered black rhino is auctioned off for $350,000

What really pisses me off is that taxpayers in the UK still give millions of pounds in aid to africa...

Every day that the amount given is above a fraction of a penny is a day too long.

Are you talking from the victim or perpetrators perspective? Only the former is necessary.

Perpetrator of course as that is the equivalent of the hunter in this particular case. Each do it to satisfy their desires.

Comparing hunting to pedophilia is an appalling statement, and tells me you have no knowledge of either subject. 

I'm not comparing them, I'm just making a ridiculous statement about the ridiculous notion of not being able to judge something unless you've actually experienced it. I have sufficient knowledge of both, but fishing would be the only practical one and maybe some trapping (cartoon network style) when I was a kid.

Perpetrator of course as that is the equivalent of the hunter in this particular case. Each do it to satisfy their desires.

Hmm so is playing video games like pedophilia because I desire them? I'll go right quick and report myself then.

Hmm so is playing video games like pedophilia because I desire them? I'll go right quick and report myself then.

Whoosh!

Let me break down what my original argument was: Saying someone can't judge hunting without being a hunter is the equivalent of saying someone can't judge paedophilia without being a paedophile.

Hunting =/= Paedophilia. Add a mental /s at the end of what you quoted if it makes you get it.

I think you're remark is the more childish tbh.

Stating that you hope the person shoots himself is less childish from me telling you that you shouldn't have an opinion if you've never hunted?

Comparing hunting to pedophilia is an appalling statement, and tells me you have no knowledge of either subject. 

It isn't comparing pedophilia to Hunting. If prior experience is needed to correctly judge someone, then written laws punishing crimes are "drivel" unless written by people who have commited the crimes they detail, Judges in courts need to commit every crime they judge criminals for etc

I love animals, yet I eat meat. Someone has to hunt the meat that I eat, so I don't really have any right to have a problem with hunters. I would never do it myself though. 

I'm not comparing them, I'm just making a ridiculous statement about the ridiculous notion of not being able to judge something unless you've actually experienced it. I have sufficient knowledge of both, but fishing would be the only practical one and maybe some trapping (cartoon network style) when I was a kid.

I gotcha.  Sorry, pedophilia is a sore subject for me so pardon my reaction. 

I'd recommend in the future, instead of using that analogy, use something like "I don't have to taste the sewage to know that it's bad for me".  I use that whenever I hear someone say anything along the lines of "don't knock it til you try it".

Stating that you hope the person shoots himself is less childish from me telling you that you shouldn't have an opinion if you've never hunted?

And this make you what? merely someone who tells other people that they should have no opinion.

Calling me childish is no more than a personal insult.

Have a nice day...

And this make you what? merely someone who tells other people that they should have no opinion.

Calling me childish is no more than a personal insult.

Have a nice day...

I stated "Childish remark, isn't it?". I didn't call you childish, if you took it personal, then obviously that's your problem.

How old are you?

I stated "Childish remark, isn't it?". I didn't call you childish, if you took it personal, then obviously that's your problem.

How old are you?

Look, if you quote me, how would I not take it personally?

I'm old enough to know there is no need for hunting any species in the 21st century..

Just leave me alone if you arent aiming at me personally,

if you are use a PM...

"I'm a hunter. I want to experience a black rhino. I want to be intimately involved with a black rhino," He sure knows how to pick his words:

Man pays 350,000$ to kill and have sex with endangered black rhino

Someone change the thread title.

Prior experience is not a requirement to judge or form opinions.

This is unfortunately true.  But in order to have an informed opinion, prior experience is the best way.

I understand there are cultural differences on this topic.  What I dont understand is the people who want something bad to happen to another person because of this.  The irony of this line of thinking is the ones who are guilty of it, do so thinking they are enlightened in some way.  They judge harshly because of cruelty to an animal.... then want something bad to happen to another  - doesnt make sense