Wired Connection to Mobile?

I have a wired connected to my laptop, and would it be possible for my mobile to receive that connection? (i know it logically doesn't make any sense). would usb tethering do? 

my school has blocked from downloading torrents and VoIP when connected to wireless (I've tried this with wired, and it still does not seem to work) - but in case I will be able to get a wired connection and use this connection from my mobile as well, will I have a chance of getting VoIP? 

Your schools wireless and wired network likely go through the same content filter so no, even if you were to turn your wired connection into a wireless access point using a tool such as this, you still would not be able to torrent or VoiP.

Watch out when you try to avoid their filters, they usually log what block you trigger.

Your schools wireless and wired network likely go through the same content filter so no, even if you were to turn your wired connection into a wireless access point using a tool such as this, you still would not be able to torrent or VoiP.

Watch out when you try to avoid their filters, they usually log what block you trigger.

so in order to turn the wired connection (pc) into a wireless access(to mobile), is there a software/setting or config that can be worked out?

You could I guess use your laptops wireless radio and make it into a wireless connection (basically turn your laptop into a wireless router). Intel software and others can do that.

However as mentioned it's probably routes through the same firewalls and therefore it's all blocked on the whole network.

Circumventing security however is frowned upon so this will be closed from further discussion.