Anyone here on Neowin play Rust?

I've had an alpha key for awhile and just started getting into it (I can actually make it through a day without getting killed!).

So anyone play it?

I had not heard of this but watched a video and it is interesting. Basically take Minecraft/Terraria type gameplay and throw zombies in there with proper 3d graphics.

The video I watched was a PVE server which makes things even more interesting because people actually want to help each other. Infestation Survivor stories (War Z) got old very quickly because of the PVP nature of everyone.

I don't think I've even heard of it. What's it about?

It's a survival game made by Facepunch Studios, the creators of Garry's Mod. It's actually a really fun game, I've played it at a friends house and I think I'll be getting it on early access soon too :)!

I had not heard of this but watched a video and it is interesting. Basically take Minecraft/Terraria type gameplay and throw zombies in there with proper 3d graphics.

The video I watched was a PVE server which makes things even more interesting because people actually want to help each other. Infestation Survivor stories (War Z) got old very quickly because of the PVP nature of everyone.

I think the zombies are getting removed soon, a lot of stuff in the game just now is more like placeholders, I think the end goal is to make it all about player interactions/conflicts. I could be, and probably am, wrong though :P

Helk was apparently supposed to remove em before the steam launch... lol

It's a survival game made by Facepunch Studios, the creators of Garry's Mod. It's actually a really fun game, I've played it at a friends house and I think I'll be getting it on early access soon too :)!

Guess that might've helped in the first post lol ...

Yeah I looked on the wiki's FAQ and saw this.

Another zombie game? I am out...

Wait! Don't leave yet! The Zombies are most likely placeholders for other mobs which will be implemented in either the Alpha or Beta version of the game. They are there right now so tests with some sort of mobs can be made.

I was just saying they were getting removed because I was watching Sips play it and he said that, but looks like they will be getting removed at some point :)

I bought it a couple days ago.. However I can't run it on any setting higher than fastest or it locks up my computer.. which I don't get.  My computer is more than capable.  Have gone on fairly low pop to learn the game, but have yet to find rock I can break.