chrome for windows phone

Will Microsoft ever allow third party browsers such as chrome or firefox to work on the windows phone or the surface?

Seems like antitrust issues again, like way back with windows 95. I hate it when companies control what you can have and can't.

Will Microsoft ever allow third party browsers such as chrome or firefox to work on the windows phone or the surface?

Seems like antitrust issues again, like way back with windows 95. I hate it when companies control what you can have and can't.

Would require either Mozilla or Google to create the apps.  This is beyond MS control.

right now on windows phone any other web browsers that are out there (which there are a few) all still use the IE render engine and are simply UI's on top of the IE engine as it is limited on the platform.

as far as  chrome goes. Google refuses to write apps for windows phone due to some stupid argument between the companies. I am not certain if anyone truly even knows the real reason behind it.

as far as  chrome goes. Google refuses to write apps for windows phone due to some stupid argument between the companies. I am not certain if anyone truly even knows the real reason behind it.

Who knows.  Just speculation and he said/she said at this point.  They should just do it to shut up everyone...on both sides.

Surprised FireFox hasnt released an app for WP yet.  Then again, they are probably more concerned with their own phones.

sadly most of the big players and AAA apps aren't gonna make it onto the WP platform. Skip ahead 2 years from now, it will be the same thing, still a lack luster app store experience.

What AAA apps are missing from the WP platform? Its got pretty much everything out there excepting if its made by Google.

I don't have the time or energy since there are soo many missing. You do the math.

Actually and I can't find it right now but I read something on the Google forums which had a link to the Firefox forums. In both of the discussions they blame MS. When I get back to my desktop I will search my history to see if I can find a link.

Would require either Mozilla or Google to create the apps.  This is beyond MS control.

I don't have the time or energy since there are soo many missing. You do the math.

They're obviously not that important then.

I must be doing smartphones wrong then if I don't need 378429836492384 apps on my phone to use it.

They're obviously not that important then.

I must be doing smartphones wrong then if I don't need 378429836492384 apps on my phone to use it.

there's no need to throw insults around. Don't be rude.

right now on windows phone any other web browsers that are out there (which there are a few) all still use the IE render engine and are simply UI's on top of the IE engine as it is limited on the platform.

Actually and I can't find it right now but I read something on the Google forums which had a link to the Firefox forums. In both of the discussions they blame MS. When I get back to my desktop I will search my history to see if I can find a link.

If Google really wanted, they would've written a Chrome for W8/WP8 by now. Apple has similar restrictions in place but both Mozilla and Google have bent over backwards to write "browsers" and other apps for iOS.

there's no need to throw insults around. Don't be rude.

Not being rude. They're not that important if he can't list them. To keep saying WP doesn't have apps is wrong.

Not being rude. They're not that important if he can't list them. To keep saying WP doesn't have apps is wrong.

He really just said it doesnt have many of the popular apps.  Which really wont be a problem eventually since more and more apps are getting added every week to seems.

The burden of proof is on you.

I don't have to prove anything. Open stores from android, iOS and WP. The difference is night and day. Give it a rest WP fanboys already, the app gap still exists.... Jeez.

I don't have to prove anything. Open stores from android, iOS and WP. The difference is night and day. Give it a rest WP fanboys already, the app gap still exists.... Jeez.

Are you comparing the app amount each store has, or you have some missing apps in mind?

Are you comparing the app amount each store has, or you have some missing apps in mind?

i'm just talking about the general quality and presence of AAA apps on iOS and android compared to WP. It's not even something to argue about, as the OP states with the case of browsers.

Google are acting like children.

You don't have to insult people to get your point across.

You are quite right, the "app gap" does still exist.  But are you surprised?  Compared to the other two, it's still brand new, really.  It's not quite as bad as some people would have you believe.

Google are acting like children.

You don't have to insult people to get your point across.

You are quite right, the "app gap" does still exist.  But are you surprised?  Compared to the other two, it's still brand new, really.  It's not quite as bad as some people would have you believe.

Guess i've been talking to a wall. Nevermind.

Guess i've been talking to a wall. Nevermind.

How do you figure that.  Nothing you have said in this thread negates what I just said to you.  Stop being so negative, and discuss this like an adult.

Right so you don't know what you are talking about and got caught in a lie. Pretty much all of the BIG AAA apps as you call them are on windows phone. I can't wait till mobile world congress when we get to see new windows phones!