IGN Versus: PS4 vs. Xbox One (People Choice Awards)

I go to ign all the time,but every time I read the comments, I feel as though i'm retarded.

I'm not sure if you meant it to sound like it but you pretty much said the comments are beyond your scope of intelligence and therefore makes you feel retarded.

If you said you read the comments and it makes you feel like a genius than that's the impression I think you were trying to go for.

I'm not sure if you meant it to sound like it but you pretty much said the comments are beyond your scope of intelligence and therefore makes you feel retarded.

If you said you read the comments and it makes you feel like a genius than that's the impression I think you were trying to go for.

unintelligible comments = difficult to understand = feeling retarded 

• Like 1

Well its always interesting to see what certain groups online think about something, but I would hesitate to add it to your ammo in the console wars.

I have to remind myself that much of the online community lives in a bubble. This bubble is broken up into sections or 'cliques' which can quickly become a haven for whatever the popular thinking is at the time.

The real world of users is actually pretty different from this bubble and if you spend too much time in the bubble, you can quickly forget that claims made there often don't apply to people outside the bubble.

So this poll shows a landslide of support for the ps4, what a shocker. Anyone that has been following the internet gaming community would be witness to countless polls, comments, and videos made by people showing so much support for the ps4 and little for the X1 (in fact not just little support, but a lot of hate). Anyone that only follows such things would obviously think that ps4 was simply going to be the pick for all console buyers, and then a the launch comes, they both sell out and sell at huge levels. Turns out the bubble does not represent a majority of users opinion wise.

What I dislike about these polls is about the only thing they really do is stir up trouble because people can't handle it and of course the websites that push the polls are probably counting on that. If people just accepted the fact that these polls are just fan polls for fun, things would be much better.

• Like 1

I thought it was stupid that they were ungrateful for the free consoles but it did cement the fact that the Xbox One is seen as uncool and mocking it seems to be the 'cool' thing to do these days. Both have great new features and are good in their own right. I personally prefer the PS4, but I wouldn't complain about getting a free Xbox One (nor would I shame the company that gave me free stuff for likes on facebook)

Well the whole idea of the X1 being uncool and it being cool to mock them stems from that same internet gaming community bubble.

A lot of things lead to that, but the reason it doesn't change quickly is often because people like to keep a certain line about a certain product going for long after it no longer applies. If the larger community outside hears this and accepts it as the truth, its a big issue.

• Like 1

I go to ign all the time,but every time I read the comments, I feel as though i'm retarded.

That seems to happen on all gaming sites. As much as I'll praise the internet gamer for being savvy, sticking up for our future and only being forgiving when forgiveness is really due, the bottom end of our scale is shocking. However a large part of it is just people getting a kick out of trolling. I don't mean our heated forum debates when people feel like the other side is trolling, I mean actual trolling. One word sentences of Xbox rulez, PlayStation droolz and the likes.

Its the same on GameSpot, Eurogamer, Polygon and even PS/Xbox exclusive sites. But honestly, the worst site? YouTube. I actually feel like wiping out the human race whenever I read YT comments.

• Like 2

I think the X1 has a better game library as i understand it, PS4 only got a cpl of decent ones the rest has had poor reviews the definately biased polls

Depends which site you go on, seems like IGN rates PS4 games pretty well. lol

Depends which site you go on, seems like IGN rates PS4 games pretty well. lol

They will do if they love there PS4... seems ignorance IS bliss!!

Oh and to prove a point on how weak the consoles are, my friend at work thinks the PS4 is way better than the x1 with its 1080p 60 on BF4 on the flood zone map when the dam breaks and it floods the area and helicopters crashing or someat he says the game slows down to a crawl till its over he says it happens on his friends PS4 to so i assume it happens on all of them (unless its bin patched so the dynamic resolution scaling works properly) he thinks its lag LMFAO... should of seen his face drop when i told him it would only be lag if it was streaming from the internet, its cus the PS4's hardware cant handle the scene should of seen his face should of took a picture... also should of seen his face when i told him with this mantle update if i get a 40% fps boost ill be running on 130 fps 1080p ultra details.... think its sinking in how poor the hardware is :D

They will do if they love there PS4... seems ignorance IS bliss!!

Liking different games compared to you isn't ignorance its just a different taste in games.

Thinking different tastes is ignorance on the other hand...

Edit: Saw your updated post.

I feel so enlightened by your second-hand experience of BF4 on the PS4, I did not know that you had to be streaming to experience lag.. All those times I played multi-player games and experienced slow-downs in game must've been because my PC was too slow for the game.. And I though a modern day high-end PC should be able to play a 8-year old game like Battlefield 2142 without any issues.. I guess I was wrong it wasn't the server/host having a slow line and I was experiencing lag but it was that my PC wasn't fast enough for the game.

I also didn't know pre-processed scenes in a game could lag.. You'd expect developers to make those play properly especially on a console where the specs aren't variable.

BF4 being one of the buggiest releases of a game in recent time would probably have nothing to do with it either.

Liking different games compared to you isn't ignorance its just a different taste in games.

Thinking different tastes is ignorance on the other hand...

it was a joke, was thinking of big bang theory when sheldon starts to try teach penny physics (think it was that episode)

If your PC cant run battlefield 2142 then theres someat wrong with it, used play it on 2GB ram dual core athlon 64 , with an old gfx card. Havnt played it since vista days where it became unplayable cus vista hogged so much ram.

I spose lag does just mean slow but it is more mainly associated with the internet ping time... even if it is pre processed its still gotta display it on the screen and i guess with the high resolution and poorly optimised code it got to much for it.

People like different things, which is why the only thing I look at from a review is for a game play video so I get a better idea of how it'll be, then i'll just grab a demo or wait and get it for cheap.  To that extent these polls about what people thing is best be it hardware or games is going to be bias to some degree.  Often they don't match 1:1 with the market either, as has been pointed out look at all the awards and polls where Windows Phone wins yet if you just look at the US market it's not doing good (though better in other places).

Don't underestimate the ability for fan groups to rally and swing internet polls to their favorite brand or product, it happens.  The only thing that matters is when people vote with their wallet. With that both systems are doing well and the only console loser is Nintendo.  It's also not a clear cut landslide win for one or the other, you can argue that the PS4 is winning worldwide but you can't at the same time disregard the fact that it's in more markets and has a wider reach which is a key factor to it's lead.  Regardless of who's first or second the two will be close again I bet with Nintendo a very distant 3rd.

I plan to buy both but I'm in no rush to at this point, not enough games worth it and I'm going to just game on my 360 and PC till more exclusives come out that I want to play.

• Like 2