10 Weird Superstitions About Death

Hum

1) Birds at your window (ancient Roman belief).

2) A white moth in your house (Maryland folklore).

3) Your clock stops (myth of American South).

4) You break a mirror with your reflection in it (ancient Greek superstition).

5) A beetle crawls over your shoe (European legend).

6) A dog howls for no reason. (Victorian England lore).

7) A photo falls down (Irish superstition).

8) You drop an umbrella indoors (Victorian myth).

9) You are in the middle of a three-person photo (Japanese belief).

10) You see a woman in White (Indian omen).

Y'all been warned ... :shiftyninja:

video

compl3x

I think I have 10/10 ... and I am still here.

Geoffrey B.

wow those are all just horrible and they forgot the funniest one.

Korean Fan death. (leaving a fan on at night can kill you)

I leave my fan on next to my bed at all times if i am home  :D

+virtorio

If these were true, thousands of people would be dying everyday.

Yorak

If these were true, thousands of people would be dying everyday.

Thousands of people do die every day... Just not from those reasons.

• Like 2
Phouchg
9) You are in the middle of a three-person photo (Japanese belief).

This is just ludicrous. Do they pull straws or cat-fight who'll have to stand in the middle if there's no other way?

Or do they just - "ya, I don't really like you, you're not my best friend, you're my worst, in fact." 2vK5ZP9.gif :whistle:  :ermm:     :laugh:

Now, given that I see women in white nearly every day at work, only conclusions I can make is that either I'm already dead and don't know it, or I will live forever... it doesn't cancel each other out, in fact, except for the living part :shiftyninja:

If that doesn't count, I think I shall avoid nurses.

Hum

4) You break a mirror with your reflection in it (ancient Greek superstition).

Doesn't work on Vampires. :shifty:

123456789A

11) Kinect doesn't recognize your face anymore

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
jerzdawg

Thousands of people do die every day... Just not from those reasons.

or do they....  ???

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zikalify
      Larry Tesler, creator of copy and paste, dies at 74
      by Paul Hill

Image via Yahoo! Xerox has announced that Larry Tesler has died at the age of 74. You may never have heard of Tesler but you have definitely used some of the features that he created. He is known for co-developing the cut, copy, and paste functionality that’s present on most operating systems as well as other functions such as find and replace.

Aside from working at Xerox where he developed the aforementioned functions, he also worked in different roles at Apple, Amazon, Yahoo!, and 23andMe. At Apple, he had a hand in making software for Apple Lisa and Macintosh before becoming the vice president of Apple’s Newton Group which worked on the ill-fated Apple Newton PDA.

After Apple, he operated his own business which didn’t succeed financially. He then made his way to Amazon where he became a vice president of engineering and later the vice president of shopping experience where he oversaw improvements to the website’s interface. In 2005, he moved to Silicon Valley from Seattle and started a job at Yahoo! as vice president of User Experience and Design. In 2008, Tesler joined 23andMe, the popular genetics firm. After leaving that firm in 2009, he became an independent consultant.

If you want to find out more about Larry Tesler, you can find his personal website and work website which are still online.

Source: Xerox via Sky News

• By +MJK
      Microsoft's co-founder, Paul Allen, passes away from illness
      by Muhammad Jarir Kanji

Paul Allen, who alongside Bill Gates founded Microsoft in 1975, passed away earlier today owing to complications from a non-Hodgkin lymphoma he was being treated for.

Allen's sister eulogised him as follows:

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella also expressed his condolence at Allen's passing in a statement:

Alongside his role in the birth of Microsoft, the 65-year-old Allen was also the owner of the Seattle Seahawks and the Portland Trail Blazers. He was also a titan in the world of philanthropy, having awarded more than $2 billion in his lifetime for the betterment of education, wildlife and environmental conservation and other charitable causes through organisations he founded and funded, such as the Allen Institute for Brain Science, the Institute for Artificial Intelligence, and the Institute for Cell Science.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Norman is a psychopathic AI obsessed with murder, thanks to Reddit
      by Usama Jawad

While Artificial Intelligence (AI) is quite an interesting field that can automate various industries and accelerate development in others, many people including Elon Musk have reservations regarding its capabilities. In the past, Musk has warned that AI needs to be regulated "before it's too late", and that AI-proponent Mark Zuckerberg's understanding of the AI threat is extremely limited.

It now appears that the Tesla executive has good reason to be worried, because MIT researchers have created the "world's first psychopath AI", which is seemingly obsessed with murder.

The researchers who built this AI have aptly decided to call it "Norman", based on the character from Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho; some of you might know him from A&E Network's Bates Motel. Norman was trained using data from the "darkest corners of Reddit", and then his responses were checked using Rorschach's inkblot tests. The researchers write that:

The Rorschach Test revolves around an individual's perception of inkblots, with responses being analyzed using psychological interpretation. It has faced some controversy over the years, being called a form of pseudoscience because of its dependence on psychology rather than empirical data. That said, Norman's responses to the test are still pretty disturbing, to say the least. You can check out some of them below:

At the end of the day, Norman's purpose is to depict the effect that biased training data can have on the output given by AI on the test data. The experiment also raises several questions regarding the use of AI in the future, particularly seeing how heavily dependent it is on unbiased data. That said, this is still a field that is being meticulously explored, and one can hope that researchers will be able to refine AI to the extent that it can tackle day-to-day human problems efficiently and correctly in the future.

Source and images: MIT via The Verge

• By +MJK
      A Russian man died while enjoying virtual reality
      by Muhammad Jarir Kanji

Virtual reality is often painted as the herald for the future of entertainment and immersion. In the case of one Russian man however, it was the cause of an unfortunate tragedy.

As the Russian news agency TASS reports, a 44-year old man from Moscow was found dead in his apartment this week from what is believed to be the first VR-related death. Yulia Ivanova, Senior Assistant to the Head of the Russian Investigative Committee’s Main Moscow Department, offered the following details about the man's death:

The identity of the man or any other details about his VR setup were not revealed.

As promising new advancements in augmented and virtual reality are made, stories like this one underline the need for a greater emphasis on safety and security while using these devices.

Source: TASS via Reddit

Don't forget to follow us @NeowinGaming on Twitter to keep up to date with our gaming coverage!

• By drugo
      hi
      i'm running sierra 10.12.6 and the notification panel is always white
      i was used with yosemite or el capitan to have a dark color tone

can i change it?
      can i have the dark tone color again?
      it's no cosmetic , it's just i have problems to read with the white notification panel
      i would like to have like the older

is there a way?
      thanks