Mom kills 2 of her children during attempted exorcism

Religion. Getting in the way of human progress since the world was at the center of the universe.

Don't worry if this planet can last us another few hundred years our ancestors of those times will be looking back and laughing at some of the stupidity of our centuries, as much as we look back and laugh at people sacrificing goats to try and change the weather (although stupid stuff like that still does go on today).

Well they are not as extreme - or, approve of religiously justified immoral acts but do not act on them.

But, in large, they tolerate or see nothing wrong with slightly more extreme religious faith than their own.

Nonsense.

if their (and potentially yours if you are of faith) "God" came to you and said kill your child... a truly religious person (and you) would... or you wouldn't be of faith. This is the is a sickness of the mind. Religions beliefs have lead to the most horrific and horrible crimes committed by people who think they are doing what "God" has said. 

Also nonsense. No matter if you follow a religion or not you have free will to do as you please.

As with this case, exorcisms are never conducted by just one person. Mental illness doesn't explain exorcism - it's a problem caused by religious extremism.

Unless the person trying to do the exorcism is mentally unstable? Yeah? 

The lady probably just had bratty kids and got tired of their ###### all the while living a stress filled life. And one day she had enough and decided her kids were possessed by demons.

This seems like a far more plausible scenario to me than she's just an extremist.

The lady probably just had bratty kids and got tired of their **** all the while living a stress filled life. And one day she had enough and decided her kids were possessed by demons.

This seems like a far more plausible scenario to me than she's just an extremist.

No it doesn't.

Nonsense.

You can deny it all you want. But people are JUST like that - they will, say, not act violently against people their religion tells them to kill but approve of such actions (gays, non-believers, etc...).

They also do not stand up against people with more extremist religious beliefs, say, for example, a person who believes in theistic evolution will not be mean or alienating to a young earth creationist.

Ergo, this happens.

How on earth did she think she'd exorcise her kids with a knife, without killing them?  :/

Religion allows a whole other level of stupidity.

You can deny it all you want. But people are JUST like that - they will, say, not act violently against people their religion tells them to kill but approve of such actions (gays, non-believers, etc...).

They also do not stand up against people with more extremist religious beliefs, say, for example, a person who believes in theistic evolution will not be mean or alienating to a young earth creationist.

They don't? I'm really confused at what you're trying to say. 

No it doesn't.

Yeah, you're right. Most religious people believe that the best way to raise their children is to murder them and claim it's an exorcism. This leads to strong healthy adults. Clearly.

Ergo, this happens.

What religion that approves of exorcism tells people to kill?  Lets stay relevant to the thread.

It seems like you are mashing religions together to find an answer.

Yeah, you're right. Most religious people believe that the best way to raise their children is to murder them and claim it's an exorcism. This leads to strong healthy adults. Clearly.

Please don't try to put words in my mouth. It just makes you look ridiculous.

a 3 year old went missing in Scotland, now the body's found, and now this

WHAT IS GOING ON?

When did some humans become such savages?

Become? 

I don't know,  when did we evolve? 

Religion. Getting in the way of human progress since the world was at the center of the universe.

So what is the excuse then for non religious people who do the same things? 

There are nut jobs out there no matter if there is any religion involved.  The religious just have the pleasure of being hypocrites as well.

• Like 2

For a second there I thought I was reading the plot of the next Constantine movie. How on earth did she think she'd exorcise her kids with a knife, without killing them?  :/

I was reminded more of The Binding of Isaac

The lady probably just had bratty kids and got tired of their **** all the while living a stress filled life. And one day she had enough and decided her kids were possessed by demons.

So is she mentally unstable or did she just decide one day her kids were possessed because they misbehaved  :s ?

Because she practiced an exorcism? Then a large proportion of religious people are extremists because exorcism is a fairly common practice in a lot of denominations/religions. I think the Catholic Church just ramped up their exorcism business.

So is she mentally unstable or did she just decide one day her kids were possessed because they misbehaved  :s ?

Because she practiced an exorcism? Then a large proportion of religious people are extremists because exorcism is a fairly common practice in a lot of denominations/religions. I think the Catholic Church just ramped up their exorcism business.

No, because she decided she needed to stab them to death to exorcise them.

Lots of people die during exorcism. Not just the ones including stabbing. Exorcism is bat-**** stupidity which convinces people who might already be mentally ill that they have demons inside them.

Can we start merging these religion topics into the offical thread? I feel like I'm the only one who posts religious-based topics in the right place.

Lots of people die during exorcism. Not just the ones including stabbing. Exorcism is bat-**** stupidity which convinces people who might already be mentally ill that they have demons inside them.

Can we start merging these religion topics into the offical thread? I feel like I'm the only one who posts religious-based topics in the right place.

The lady decided to do this own her own with maybe with another accomplice, according to the article. I don't know much about exorcisms but they usually involve priests and no stabbing? Killing the person they are trying to exorcise kind of defeats the purpose, I think?

I really doubt this was a religious thing and more of a mental illness and maybe some heavy drug use, too. I guess not though, neowin has ruled this is religious zealotry only.

Religion strikes again.

You add so much to the conversation.

The lady decided to do this own her own with maybe with another accomplice, according to the article. I don't know much about exorcisms but they usually involve priests and no stabbing? Killing the person they are trying to exorcise kind of defeats the purpose, I think?

I really doubt this was a religious thing and more of a mental illness and maybe some heavy drug use, too. I guess not though, neowin has ruled this is religious zealotry only.

You add so much to the conversation.

There is not much to add really.  It's religion, and it struck again.  What more can I say, except going on to offend anyone on here who chooses to believe in such things?