Went back to iPhone 5S

I could do that, but that defeats having a smartphone. I would rather it push emails unless I was in a crunch for battery. I could try turning off Siri, I just don't see it useful as Google Now. I like that Google gives you the Google search app, which shows you all the Google Now cards. I like having Find my iPhone on, just in case. I shouldn't have to sacrifice these features for battery, but I guess I have to if I want the same kind of battery life as I got with my Android devices. 

i dont see the purpose of a smartphone defeated by deactivating most background 3rd party apps services.

from which apps do you need push notifications? as i said above, i have mail and whatsapp activated for push. in my opinion so many apps have background activity without having a real benefit for the user, they should just get turned off. they are mostly sending statistics to the devs anyways and drain ur battery like mad.

i get that with finding my iphone. im just thinking that if i ever lose my phone i wont likely get it back because of that feature. yet i have to lose a smartphone. didnt happen in all those years. so yeah, its nice to have but i dont see much value in it.

I have a feeling this might be in iOS 8. At least we can hope!

that new windows 8.1 phone update seemed to have introduced a very well version of swype. it even suggests emotes.

yes thats true

my usage of the phone tho happens today and today i have yet to find apps or websites that stutter or dont load quick enough. so for the moment it is a very painless experience. wouldnt you agree.

5s also has the advantage of having a lower resolution screen so animations/graphics are faster. Most high end Androids and WP8 based phones are pushing 1080p resolutions hence they may not appear as fluid.

However, 5s has a very poor battery life.

Had the HTC one when it first came out, (had iPhone 5 before that) but after 1-2 months i could not handle it. Exchange support just wasn't there for me. so i went back to iPhone 5s. 

i dont see the purpose of a smartphone defeated by deactivating most background 3rd party apps services.

from which apps do you need push notifications? as i said above, i have mail and whatsapp activated for push. in my opinion so many apps have background activity without having a real benefit for the user, they should just get turned off. they are mostly sending statistics to the devs anyways and drain ur battery like mad.

i get that with finding my iphone. im just thinking that if i ever lose my phone i wont likely get it back because of that feature. yet i have to lose a smartphone. didnt happen in all those years. so yeah, its nice to have but i dont see much value in it.

People use their smartphones differently - If I'm going to have a smartphone, I want mail (Exchange + 2 Gmail accounts), messages (Whatsapp, Viber, Hangouts, Telegram, Steam, etc.), Google Voice, Twitter all pushed. 

Sorry to hear that mate.

Surprised about your comment re: Android v Exchange. I've found the opposite - no problems with Android and numerous with iOS devices.

Everyone's different I guess!

Sorry to hear that mate.

Surprised about your comment re: Android v Exchange. I've found the opposite - no problems with Android and numerous with iOS devices.

Everyone's different I guess!

Depends on the Exchange security policies - for example, my work requires device encryption. I don't want to encrypt my phone, it's unnecessary overhead, and I don't receive/store critical info. So, the stock Android email app won't work, unless I download Xposed framework to bypass security policies. I ended up purchasing Touchdown which let me send/receive emails without encrypting the phone. With iOS, they only require the 4 digit PIN code.