PS4 Error Corrupting Save Files - temp solution provided

PS4 Error Corrupting Save Files

Users report loss of progress, unusable apps.

by Mike Mahardy
January 20, 2014

Update: Sony has a recommended solution for the Error CE-34878-0. The alleged solution is as follows:

"If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch. If the error occurs again, initialise the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs."

A PlayStation 4 error has been corrupting save files for many users, resulting in hours of lost progress and, in some cases, has prevented any apps from being opened on Sony's console, according to a 35-page PlayStation forum thread.

Posts on the thread identify the problem as Error CE-34878-0. Users report the error occurring with files relating to FIFA 14, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Call of Duty: Ghosts NBA 2K14 and Battlefield 4. One user lost 30 hours of progress, he told Joystiq, because of the error, while many others on the thread can't open any of their consoles' apps, rendering them useless.

Although some users write that deleting the files in question allowed the apps to be playable, many other users say the process doesn't solve the problems ?? according to the forum, no singular solution has been found.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/21/ps4-error-corrupting-save-files

Well hopefully they find a permanent solution for those affected.

Luckily, I haven't had any issues like this so far.

This is definitely one of those errors that ranks high on the scary meter for gamers though, losing game saves. This is another small reason why I wish I could backup my saves to a flash drive, just for peace of mind.

This is definitely one of those errors that ranks high on the scary meter for gamers though, losing game saves. This is another small reason why I wish I could backup my saves to a flash drive, just for peace of mind.

You can copy your save files to a USB flash drive on PS4.

You can copy your save files to a USB flash drive on PS4.

You can? Cool, I didn't know that. I knew you could use one to load updates since I did that with the launch update. Where in the settings do I go to move saves to a flash drive?