So which is gonna be the bigger game? The Witcher 3 or this? Both are looking pretty impressive though I'm not sure if they are comparable seeing as they're going for different kinds of fantasy.

The Witcher 3, for sure. CD Projekt RED is an experienced developer and Warhorse Studios is new.

Anyway, I just pledged ?25. :D

The Witcher 3, for sure. CD Projekt RED is an experienced developer and Warhorse Studios is new.

Anyway, I just pledged ?25. :D

I forgot to throw Dragon Age: Inquisition into the mix as well. That game is looking impressive too.

2014 is the year for massive rpg games I guess.

Taking it further off topic I'm playing The Witcher 2 again for the first time in a long time and it feels like a completely different game from when it was first out.

I forgot to throw Dragon Age: Inquisition into the mix as well. That game is looking impressive too.

Yep! It'll be an exciting year.

Taking it further off topic I'm playing The Witcher 2 again for the first time in a long time and it feels like a completely different game from when it was first out.

Now we just need Baldur's Gate 3 announcement ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Today I was designing DRINKING SKILL. On paper, its "get drunk simulator" with every detail.

For example, if you eat enough before drinking, you will be less drunken. But if you eat too much... Hope we will manage to implement it :)

So while designing drinking, I had to design effects of alcohol and food poisoning as well. Which includes throwing up...

And since we have vomiting, we started to think: Why not include sticking the fingers in the throat to prevent poisoning? As a minigame!

And then we started to feel like crazy people and dismissed the idea :)

But imagine that awesome minigame where you control the depth of your finger with trigger while searching for the right spot with stick. :))

https://twitter.com/DanielVavra

I'm kinda disappointed that they dropped the mini game :D

Haha now that would have been crazy. I hope the amount of weird features they are dreaming up and implementing isn't going to affect timescales, I want that Alpha already!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Incredibly ambitious game done by people who truly understand medieval times and culture (unlike the vast majority of developers and film makers). It will be fascinating and enlightening to explore this game world at the very least. Whereas it'll be actually fun to play is another story but given their Arma background I'm reasonably confident that they know what they're doing.