I managed to get my hands on a PS4. Now to avoid my being ripped a new one by my wife

LOL... She's not really complaining that much about it.  Less so than I thought she would.  She looks at the Xbox, Playstation, and Nintendo as all being the same (at they're core I guess they are  :) )... And feels that only 1 of them should be purchased.  But she also understands the joy I get out of video games (and electronics in general)... A pricey hobby, that can add up quickly before ya know it...

And the fact I don't drink, smoke, nor hang out in clubs etc, she lets me have my man cave and toys... 

She is a lot simpler than I am..  Ice Coffee and her Nexus 7 (2nd gen) and Netflix... And she is in her glory...

I envy you, wish I was with someone who is that low maintenance. Keep her and return the PS4 :)

I envy you, wish I was with someone who is that low maintenance. Keep her and return the PS4 :)

Buying her (our family) a house also helped a lot... :D

I was in my local Best Buy and they had them in stock but they seemed to have a crappy selection of games.

Spot the single guys answers in this thread haha. If there's no financial side effects, rock on

My partner is hogging the PS4 playing Don't Starve all the time lol. Sometimes it pays off to be single!!

Valentines day is just ahead...you could offer your wifey a PS4 :whistle:

My wife doesn't do much gaming (Ruzzle at the most)... But she has claimed the PS3 as hers (for streaming from Plex and Netflix)...  Which is causing interference with me trying to get through The Last of Us...  

Love you honey (just in case you're lurking in the Shadows on Neowin  :woot:  )

One opened PS4 later.... :-)

Ran to Best Buy and grabbed a PS+ pass, and decided to open the PS4.

Grabbed the freebies Resogun, and Dying Light.

Not bad so far...

Resogun is a kick ass game. Honestly almost worth it alone.

Outlast is decent fun, but not wow.

Don't Starve is also a lot of fun, but might not be everyone's cup of tea.

All those games are free on PS+, so really cannot lose there if you subscribe to +, which there is no reason not to (I see you did).

Shame you do not like BF4, as when it works on the PS4, and that is a big WHEN, it is damn good fun. Looks great. Just chaos in nothing but a great way.

This thread really does accentuate what I view to be as a pretty discerning issue with the people who clearly favor MS to Sony, as I have seen more than a few comments about how "the PS4 has no games." I love how these people claim the PS4 has no games like the One is so much better.
Let's just take a look at the reality of things right now with the One.

1. Ryse?
    A fun ride that is pretty damn short with not much replay factor whatsoever. So as pretty as it may be, it lacks a lot of substance at the end of the day.
  2. Forza 5?
    As someone who just literally got gold on their 100th event tonight like 10 minutes ago, I have no problem saying it is an awesome, awesome game. However the lack of tracks is really starting to wear on me. Unless you are a total gear head car enthusiast, as good of a game that it is, it begins to start wearing thin once you really have played it for some time like I have.
    In fact I will go as far as saying if not for Forza 5, I would possibly, key word being possibly, even regret picking up the One on launch. Finally...
  3. Dead Rising 3?
    While fun, well, the novelty kind of wore off pretty damn quick with it. I like the game, but it is pretty damn repetitive, so I would not say it is the best example of kick ass exclusives for the One either.

So really there are 3 exclusive games for the One, that while all solid titles, do not make it a powerhouse like many would have people believe. So to make the comment that "the ps4 has no games" which no doubt insinuates that the One does, well, that is pretty disingenuous to be quite truthful. The One has exactly 1 more launch title than the PS4 does.

Now granted the 2 exclusives of the PS4 are very niche, Killzone & Knack, and quite truthfully Knack is not really that good at all, but cmon now, it is not like the One has this massive library of games either.

Again do not get me wrong, it is clear the ps4 does not really have many games right now, I just do not think it is sincere to pretend like the One does, especially when thus far pretty much ALL of the multiplatform games that have been released on both consoles usually have the technical advantage on the PS4.

So really when you take into the account the advantage multiplatforms have right now on the PS4, and the fact it also has some seriously kick ass "indy" games like Resogun, they more or less cancel eachother out.

The truthful statement would be...
"Neither console has many games right now. But they both will."

Resogun is a kick ass game. Honestly almost worth it alone.

Outlast is decent fun, but not wow.

Don't Starve is also a lot of fun, but might not be everyone's cup of tea.

All those games are free on PS+, so really cannot lose there if you subscribe to +, which there is no reason not to (I see you did).

Shame you do not like BF4, as when it works on the PS4, and that is a big WHEN, it is damn good fun. Looks great. Just chaos in nothing but a great way.

This thread really does accentuate what I view to be as a pretty discerning issue with the people who clearly favor MS to Sony, as I have seen more than a few comments about how "the PS4 has no games." I love how these people claim the PS4 has no games like the One is so much better.

Let's just take a look at the reality of things right now with the One.

1. Ryse?

A fun ride that is pretty damn short with not much replay factor whatsoever. So as pretty as it may be, it lacks a lot of substance at the end of the day.

2. Forza 5?

As someone who just literally got gold on their 100th event tonight like 10 minutes ago, I have no problem saying it is an awesome, awesome game. However the lack of tracks is really starting to wear on me. Unless you are a total gear head car enthusiast, as good of a game that it is, it begins to start wearing thin once you really have played it for some time like I have.

In fact I will go as far as saying if not for Forza 5, I would possibly, key word being possibly, even regret picking up the One on launch. Finally...

3. Dead Rising 3?

While fun, well, the novelty kind of wore off pretty damn quick with it. I like the game, but it is pretty damn repetitive, so I would not say it is the best example of kick ass exclusives for the One either.

So really there are 3 exclusive games for the One, that while all solid titles, do not make it a powerhouse like many would have people believe. So to make the comment that "the ps4 has no games" which no doubt insinuates that the One does, well, that is pretty disingenuous to be quite truthful. The One has exactly 1 more launch title than the PS4 does.

Now granted the 2 exclusives of the PS4 are very niche, Killzone & Knack, and quite truthfully Knack is not really that good at all, but cmon now, it is not like the One has this massive library of games either.

Again do not get me wrong, it is clear the ps4 does not really have many games right now, I just do not think it is sincere to pretend like the One does, especially when thus far pretty much ALL of the multiplatform games that have been released on both consoles usually have the technical advantage on the PS4.

So really when you take into the account the advantage multiplatforms have right now on the PS4, and the fact it also has some seriously kick ass "indy" games like Resogun, they more or less cancel eachother out.

The truthful statement would be...

"Neither console has many games right now. But they both will."

It's not the fact that the PS4 "has no games" ...  It's just that I got the other console first.  And the games, that I would have bothered with on the PS4, I already own for the Xbox One (Lego Marvel Super Heroes, NBA2K14)

The PS4 does have games, but most of them aren't for me, at this moment in time.  I don't buy FPS' in droves.  My son gets the yearly release of CoD (he's a teen, he doesn't know any better) and that's about it.  I'm not the person who is going to buy CoD, BF, TitanFall, KillZone all near the same time.  I looked at the FPS' that were "coming soon" and decided on TitanFall and that's it for me, for the moment.  

Assassin's Creed wore out it's welcome quickly with me.  Though the pirate aspect of Black Flag does look fun.

Currently Marvel Lego Super Heroes is my fave (wish there was some online component to it)...  NBA2K14 although simulates the NBA very well, is NOT enjoyable with microtransactions so IN YOUR FACE...