About the Photography Challenge

Photography Challenge  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Extend January's theme of "Flat"?

• Yes, extend the theme
    • No, I want a new challenge

I dont know why it was closed, no one was really arguing.

But if you want to understand "flatness" in terms of photography's history you can take a look at the Dusseldorf's School of Photography generation, the New Topographic's generation or more recently (and marketable if that's your taste), Michael Kenna.

It's been closed??

What happened? (I forgot to add it to my follow list)

Dont know. Maybe moderation considered no one was interested.

I believe it was closed because the challenge ended.

No, it's like the random pics thread, it stays (or should stay) open for the year

Dont know. Maybe moderation considered no one was interested.

Shame, I enjoyed the previous challenge threads...

I dont know why it was closed, no one was really arguing.

But if you want to understand "flatness" in terms of photography's history you can take a look at the Dusseldorf's School of Photography generation, the New Topographic's generation or more recently (and marketable if that's your taste), Michael Kenna.

You ruined it for us! man you douchebag, just leave, sheesh all you ever do is argue argue argue and you give nothing to neowin, you should feel ashamed of being called a veteran :p  LOL  J/k dude. ( I'm guess this is what trolls must feel like :rofl )

It closed because it ended like all the others have. A vote thread will be up in a day or two.

This is pretty much is what happened. You need to catch up with teh forum sanctificado, maybe return to posting a few pics here and  there :P

I usually spam the hell out of it to try and get people to participate ( But been having a rough jan... so), shame so little participations for Jan. Oh well, here's hoping that Feb will bring more.

Lazy mods?

He told me after I won the last time ... or a day later, that He wondered if I could give him January's  subject ASAP! So I gave it to him 10 mins after getting the PM and the that was on Jan 7th. The thread didn't get created until the 9th :D

He told me after I won the last time ... or a day later, that He wondered if I could give him January's  subject ASAP! So I gave it to him 10 mins after getting the PM and the that was on Jan 7th. The thread didn't get created until the 9th :D

So by this are we implying mods have nothing else to do :Shifty: :laugh:

I think they just forgot about us.

Lets flood their inboxes :P

I actually love the challenge, I want to see what everyone else come up with!

+1

Aye waiting for the next one now I have more time :)

+2 Have moar time now as well.

Mods! Get off j00r lazy arses!

Hey guys,

Skiver brought this topic to my attention and I'm just posting to let you know you haven't been forgotten about. I see Steve B and D.S are usually in charge with setting up the challenges/polls for you, but due to the DNS / ICANN issues at the weekend I can only presume they've had issues accessing the site. Now it has been resolved I would expect one of them to post the next challenge and winner of January for you shortly. If not, I will step in and set you up for February's challenge and post it before the weekend. Admittedly I don't know a lot about photography so my choice of theme might suck. If you'd like to discuss between yourselves on what you'd like to shoot and can agree on something I'll be happy to go along with it. Otherwise, you might be stuck with something sucky :p

As for prizes, I will leave that for Steve B to handle when he returns. If a Tier 2 sub is the usual prize I think it's safe to assume that will continue this month.

Hey guys,

Skiver brought this topic to my attention and I'm just posting to let you know you haven't been forgotten about. I see Steve B and D.S are usually in charge with setting up the challenges/polls for you, but due to the DNS / ICANN issues at the weekend I can only presume they've had issues accessing the site. Now it has been resolved I would expect one of them to post the next challenge and winner of January for you shortly. If not, I will step in and set you up for February's challenge and post it before the weekend. Admittedly I don't know a lot about photography so my choice of theme might suck. If you'd like to discuss between yourselves on what you'd like to shoot and can agree on something I'll be happy to go along with it. Otherwise, you might be stuck with something sucky :p

As for prizes, I will leave that for Steve B to handle when he returns. If a Tier 2 sub is the usual prize I think it's safe to assume that will continue this month.

How can they post a winner shortly, the 2 photos haven't been voted on yet :D

Hey guys,

Lol no prizes, we do it for teh winz0rs!   Neob0nd will have your balls for offering subs2 :P

Thanks for the attention.

How it works, the voted winner picks next month's theme.

How can they post a winner shortly, the 2 photos haven't been voted on yet :D

Sorry didn't see that. Perhaps the lack of entries also contributed to the delay. I'm only speculating as I don't deal with these topics.

Do you guys want the old topic to be extended or would you prefer a poll & winner/new challenge?

Sorry didn't see that. Perhaps the lack of entries also contributed to the delay. I'm only speculating as I don't deal with these topics.

Do you guys want the old topic to be extended or would you prefer a poll & winner/new challenge?

I'd like to see the old one extended, butt let see what the others say?

I'd like to see the old one extended, butt let see what the others say?

Ok. I will leave you guys to discuss if you'd like an extension or poll/winner/new challenge until tomorrow 12PM GMT (gives everyone a chance to see this). Depending on the outcome I will then open a poll for you to vote over the weekend or extend/post new challenge before the weekend.

If Steve B or D.S post before then, I will hand over control to them as usual :).

(Marking this post as answered so it's in OP for visibility. Will remove once vote ends).