Want this to be amazing but the embargo and fairly cheap deals for pre-ordering I'm worried its going to be cack.

Want this to be amazing but the embargo and fairly cheap deals for pre-ordering I'm worried its going to be cack.

Yeah it's 45$ on Steam right now which is kind of surprising. My backlog is big anyway gonna wait couple of months.

I already pre-ordered my copy, I jump at the chance to play any type of stealth, slow paced, games because I hate when they try to rush me forward into doing something.

Im getting it free from AMD already preloaded my key into steam :-D but from the trailers its looks a bit to stealthy for me cus im like a bull in a china shop, so if I can still kill quickly without much stealth then its all good ill give it a go hah

Does this game have any actual story progression or anything other than just looting?

I have this pre ordered for PS4 but the more I see of it the more it just doesn't look very good.

I was only interested because of Mantle and TrueAudio, but hey if it's from the Deus Ex: Human Revolution peeps it's probably going to be good ####.  I'll pick it up soon.

Same studio, but a different team. So there's that..

Im getting it free from AMD already preloaded my key into steam :-D but from the trailers its looks a bit to stealthy for me cus im like a bull in a china shop, so if I can still kill quickly without much stealth then its all good ill give it a go hah

Fortunately for you (unfortunately for old fans of the series) you should be able to take a more direct approach.

Does this game have any actual story progression or anything other than just looting?

I have this pre ordered for PS4 but the more I see of it the more it just doesn't look very good.

Story is one of the things that make Thief great, although it remains to be seen how good this one will be.

While I'm not sure about a lot of things about this game, I know that I miss Garrett's old voice.

Of course this will have a story it's a SP only game, looting is how you get money to upgrade your skills so I expect a number of side missions that will only be about looting with little story progression while the main missions will also have looting but other goals.

The levels are also open enough so you can stealth as much as you want and fight as much as you want though I bet if you go in swinging odds are it'll be hard to come out alive. The whole idea in thief is to sneak in and out, it always has been.

Of course this will have a story it's a SP only game, looting is how you get money to upgrade your skills so I expect a number of side missions that will only be about looting with little story progression while the main missions will also have looting but other goals.

The levels are also open enough so you can stealth as much as you want and fight as much as you want though I bet if you go in swinging odds are it'll be hard to come out alive. The whole idea in thief is to sneak in and out, it always has been.

More like buying equipment than upgrading skills. They dropped the whole level up shtick (don't quote me on it though).

They supposedly lowered the A.I. because it was too difficult. It's a pity if that isn't in as a difficulty setting.

More like buying equipment than upgrading skills. They dropped the whole level up shtick (don't quote me on it though).

They supposedly lowered the A.I. because it was too difficult. It's a pity if that isn't in as a difficulty setting.

You're right, it's upgrading you equipment and so on, which needs money. I don't know about difficulty levels but I'm sure they'll have options for it.

I can' wait to play this, waiting to get my code and install it. I like games with a stealth focus and the fact you have multiple ways to finish a level.

I've watch a stream of this game.  It sucks.  Boy does it suck.  A complete disgrace to the franchise.

• Can't jump unless scripted
  • In-game cut scenes / Scripted crap
  • hands are always showing in sneaking mode.  Apparently Garrett sneaks like in cartoons now ffs.
  • No Hammerites / Mechanist (Thief 3 absurdly took them out) / Pagans
  • "Eye" vision aka augmented vision shows you exactly where to b line to
  • sudden bursts of speed (probably because its a stupid console first game)
  • Loot is everywhere (how is anyone poor is this game?) / Loot sparkles.
  • Garrett looks like a gothic dbag / Dat dialog
  • TELLS you how many loot able items are per map. COME ON!
  • And that ending...  heres a spoiler its stupid

Console first is the true plague.

• Like 3

I've watch a stream of this game. It sucks. Boy does it suck. A complete disgrace to the franchise.

• Can't jump unless scripted
  • In-game cut scenes / Scripted crap
  • hands are always showing in sneaking mode. Apparently Garrett sneaks like in cartoons now ffs.
  • No Hammerites / Mechanist (Thief 3 absurdly took them out) / Pagans
  • "Eye" vision aka augmented vision shows you exactly where to b line to
  • sudden bursts of speed (probably because its a stupid console first game)
  • Loot is everywhere (how is anyone poor is this game?) / Loot sparkles.
  • Garrett looks like a gothic dbag / Dat dialog
  • TELLS you how many loot able items are per map. COME ON!
  • And that ending... heres a spoiler its stupid

Console first is the true plague.

Console-first has nothing to do with any of what you posted. That list is full of poor design choices, a lot of which I hear you can turn off for a 'classic thief' experience.

Console-first has nothing to do with any of what you posted. That list is full of poor design choices, a lot of which I hear you can turn off for a 'classic thief' experience.

Its called consolization and is a real condition.

• Like 1

Review embargo is over and they're starting to crop up.  Currently looks middling at best - eurogamer gave it a 6/10 .

Looks like a game i'm not going to put full price down on,  i'm about to cancel my pre order and wait for it to perhaps come out on PS+.

Review embargo is over and they're starting to crop up.  Currently looks middling at best - eurogamer gave it a 6/10 .

Looks like a game i'm not going to put full price down on,  i'm about to cancel my pre order and wait for it to perhaps come out on PS+.

Yup, no pre-order left for me, going to wait till the PS4 version drops to around 20-30 bucks and treat it like a low-budget buy.

From watching the streams yesterday, the game just appears static and sterile in the environment. Even with better graphics, it looks like they missed the entire aspect of thief games - the actual thief gameplay, mechanics, and the environment.

I wasn't planning on getting Thief simply because Dark Souls 2 is coming out in two weeks. By the time I'm finished with that game, Thief should already be discounted. Now that the mediocre reviews are coming out, it only furthers my initial thought that this isn't a game I need right away.

I'm not a long time Thief fan like some, so my expectations aren't very high, but there's a lot of 7's there from "good" reviewers. The hardest to please giving the low scores as usual.