Scott Bakula Joins 'NCIS: New Orleans'

CBS? latest, New Orleans-based NCIS offshoot has filled its first role, and it goes to TV vet Scott Bakula.

TVLine has learned that the alum of such series as Men of a Certain Age, Star Trek: Enterprise and Quantum Leap is boarding the planted pilot in the role of NCIS Special Agent Pride. (Meaning, TVLine reader Dan called it! 500 Power User Points for him.)

Described as ?embodying New Orleans,? Pride is ?driven by the need to do what?s right ? with warmth, passion, strength and humor. He?s a unique federal agent working in one of this country?s most unique cities.?

http://tvline.com/2014/02/03/pilot-ncis-new-orleans-cast-scott-bakula/

CBS? latest, New Orleans-based NCIS offshoot has filled its first role, and it goes to TV vet Scott Bakula.

TVLine has learned that the alum of such series as Men of a Certain Age, Star Trek: Enterprise and Quantum Leap is boarding the planted pilot in the role of NCIS Special Agent Pride. (Meaning, TVLine reader Dan called it! 500 Power User Points for him.)

Described as ?embodying New Orleans,? Pride is ?driven by the need to do what?s right ? with warmth, passion, strength and humor. He?s a unique federal agent working in one of this country?s most unique cities.?

http://tvline.com/2014/02/03/pilot-ncis-new-orleans-cast-scott-bakula/

I didnt know they are trying another new ncis. I hope they learned this time that they actors in the team need to make it so they mesh together. That other ncis they tried they didnt work.

I didnt know they are trying another new ncis. I hope they learned this time that they actors in the team need to make it so they mesh together. That other ncis they tried they didnt work.

the only other NCIS is   NICS:LA and the show is still going strong   

yes well   i know about that one but the thing is it had gone  nowhere  and only had a  side pilot built in to NCIS LA  and the actors  did fine together .  but it really  it came down to scheduling and such  

• 1 month later...

I wonder if this one will actually see the light of day.

NCIS Red was rejected, wonder why they think this one will work.

I hope it will work and it will be good, i love both NCIS and NCIS LA.

I wonder if this one will actually see the light of day.

NCIS Red was rejected, wonder why they think this one will work.

I hope it will work and it will be good, i love both NCIS and NCIS LA.

I think considering the casting process and the sort of hype around it I think it will be given a chance on the screen

I think considering the casting process and the sort of hype around it I think it will be given a chance on the screen

There is a hype around it? :)

I didnt hear about it until reading this post. 

Anyway, do you have any idea why Red was rejected? It looked interesting to me.

There is a hype around it? :)

I didnt hear about it until reading this post. 

Anyway, do you have any idea why Red was rejected? It looked interesting to me.

Yeah they are hoping this one works

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s164/ncis/news/a483192/ncis-red-axe-defended-by-cbs-president.html

That doesn't really explain but it seems they didn't like the quality and it could of ruined NCIS, seeing as that show gets around 20m a week viewers they don't want that to drop

Yeah they are hoping this one works

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s164/ncis/news/a483192/ncis-red-axe-defended-by-cbs-president.html

That doesn't really explain but it seems they didn't like the quality and it could of ruined NCIS, seeing as that show gets around 20m a week viewers they don't want that to drop

Interesting, well another show to my watch list like i dont have enough already :)

Yup. NCIS: LA is best one ... 

I will see how New Orleans plays out.

Really? it's way to cheesy which is fine but it also tries to take it self way to seriously, especially Callans back story.

Really? it's way to cheesy which is fine but it also tries to take it self way to seriously, especially Callans back story.

NCIS = Most talking, few shootings.

NCIS:LA = Explosions, shootings, talking... This show is going strong. 

NCIS: Red = Dead. Nowhere. As mentioned by Damien.

NCIS: NO = ?? Not seen yet. Not sure when they plan to air this show.

NCIS: Red = Dead. Nowhere. As mentioned by Damien.

NCIS: NO = ?? Not seen yet. Not sure when they plan to air this show.

You can add before all the NCIS shows the show JAG. NCIS is a spin-off from JAG.

I loved JAG, it was a great show.

You can add before all the NCIS shows the show JAG. NCIS is a spin-off from JAG.

I loved JAG, it was a great show.

Yeah  I used to watch that show as well... Great show.  I wish they kept going but I understand that they move on to the better things.

Yeah  I used to watch that show as well... Great show.  I wish they kept going but I understand that they move on to the better things.

The show was going for 10 years, it was a good decision to stop it. But still, was a great show.

I don't watch a show for explosions just as I don't sit through **** movies just for good CGI. NCIS characters are more 3 dimensional and the storylines focus more on the entire team. The writing has dropped since the first 5-6 season but it's still the superior product.

From the screen shots provided looks lie Bakula's character uses a Nokia 1020. I do think it would be more interesting if they branched a spinoff in another direction (non NCIS) the same way they did when NCIS spun from JAG

• 1 month later...

I miss JAG, and I only really follow NCIS.  I tried a few seasons of NCIS LA but lost interest.  I'll probably not bother with NCIS:NO either, dunno why but I'm just not watching as much shows as I used to plus a few I did like got canned (thanks a lot FOX). 

• 2 months later...