2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe

A few days ago BMW announced the 4 Series Gran Coupe

19ee53047op24jpg.jpg

19ee53048f8pljpg.jpg

19ee5304epakmjpg.jpg

19ee53dxk935ejpg.jpg

19ee53juloqdfjpg.jpg

Source for more pictures. What do you all think of it? I think it's very similar to the 3GT - this version does have a roof line that's more restricted at the back for taller passengers. I think it's a nice looking car with plenty of practicality, given the hatch. I would definitely choose this over a 3 series - I would get rid of my car for a M4 GC.

I don't imagine that it'll be similar to the 3GT in the flesh. The 3GT has a very tall roofline, it was almost like a mini SUV when I saw it at a dealership. The 4GC has a lower roofline than the normal 3er.

If Audi had a competitor for this, it would have been called A4 Sportback. But I guess A5 Sportback already competes with it head-to-head.

What do you all think of it? I think it's very similar to the 3GT

I think it's redundant.

It's being positioned as a sleeker version of the 3-series sedan. To each their own, but the new 3-series sedan is already sleek enough for me.

I can understand 3-series GT. It's got a higher road clearance and a much more elegant rear compared to 3-series Touring.

I suppose 4-series GC is following in the footsteps of 6-series GC as its smaller and younger sibling.

Dammit BMW! stop making your linup so damn confusing!! it looks like a 3 series, except it isn't...I thought the 4 series were the 2 door variants of the 3 series and now they throw a 5 door (that looks like a normal 4 door 3 series) in the mix  :s please excuse me while my brain explodes  :laugh:  :rofl:

• Like 3

if you look on their main website, each series now has an SUV.

so the 5 series has a car, the x5 and m series.

same for the one series, 6 series.

only a matter of time for an x7, x4.

Fabulous looking car, the clamshell bonnet, side sculptures, sleek C pillar, BMW have imo really nailed the design on this one. Edgy where it needs to be yet smooth at the same time. I can see this being a bit hit if the price isn`t to stupid compared with a 3-series, i`d imagine they have a common chasis.

Wonder why the white one has a different lower front grill/fog lights enclosure!

• Like 1

What is it like an inch longer than a 3 series, 4 series just doesnt sound right either..

Nope, the 4 Series Gran Coupe is 0.6 inches longer, 0.6 inches wider, 1.6 inches shorter than a F30 335i (current generation 3 series sedan). 

Source - plus pictures comparing 4GC vs 3 Series 

I think it's redundant.

It's being positioned as a sleeker version of the 3-series sedan. To each their own, but the new 3-series sedan is already sleek enough for me.

I can understand 3-series GT. It's got a higher road clearance and a much more elegant rear compared to 3-series Touring.

I suppose 4-series GC is following in the footsteps of 6-series GC as its smaller and younger sibling.

I think BMW is cluttering the line up. In my world, I'd rebrand the 4GC to be the 3 Series sedan, and get rid of the 3GT all together. Audi/Mercedes are also guilty of cluttered line ups. As much as I like having choices, I think it's a waste of R&D + marketing + other resources these companies are putting in. 

Nope, the 4 Series Gran Coupe is 0.6 inches longer, 0.6 inches wider, 1.6 inches shorter than a F30 335i (current generation 3 series sedan). 

Source - plus pictures comparing 4GC vs 3 Series 

Wow - Wasnt expecting that small of a difference, there isnt enough variation for me to say yeh id definately have one over a 3 or a 5 series..