Didn't see an official post for this game yet. Let's see what we know so far.

CyDqrJO.png

Developer(s): Platinum Games
Publisher(s): Nintendo
Director(s): Yusuke Hashimoto
Producer(s): Atsushi Inaba
Designer(s): Hirono Sato (lead) -- Mari Shimazaki (character)
Composer(s): Masami Ueda
Platform(s): Wii U
Release date(s): 2014
Genre(s): Action, hack and slash
Mode(s): Single-player, multiplayer
Distribution: Wii U Optical Disc, Nintendo eShop

While it is frustrating that this will be a Wii U exclusive, if it sells well and encourages Wii U sales when it is released it might convince Nintendo to do more stuff outside of their first party safety zone.
  • Like 1

Bayonetta game I bother to get all 1000 achievement points on.

I was horrified by the news that it was a WiiU exclusive.

Fortunately, the prospect of playing Super Mario 3D Worlds with my son made the WiiU purchase a lot easier.

• 3 weeks later...

Since there are still people around the web, including in this very thread, who don't seem to get it yet, i'll post this:

Without getting into some stuff that is both business and confidential, the simple question I?d like to ask you is, ?Do you want to play Bayonetta 2?? Bayonetta 2 would not exist without Nintendo white knighting that project. So while I totally understand that people want to play it on the platforms that they?ve played it on previously, we really wanted to make Bayonetta 2.

To put it simply. They really wanted to make it, and nintendo was the only one to step up. So no matter how much you want it to eventually change platforms, it will not.

And i think this is one key point worth highlighting as well:

I spend a lot of time on Twitter seeing people get really angry, ?Why is it not on PS3 and 360?? Right? So kind of the way it went was, ?Why do we have to buy a Wii U for one game? Why isn?t it on PS3 or 360?? And now that the Xbox One and the PS4 are out, it?s ?Why isn?t it on PS4 or Xbox One?? So then it?s not about buying a piece of hardware, it?s just that you didn?t want it on the Wii U.

For the rest:

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=223410

• 2 weeks later...