Xbox One Update: February 2014

annoying.. I mean.. if its going to be released "this week" they should put a solid date to it... there is only 4 days to choose from...

It'll be released Saturday.  If not, sooner.

It'll be released Saturday.  If not, sooner.

Thanks.. you figure that one out all by yourself?

Heres an update on major nelson's blog on the March update (although I dont see anything new...):

With the next Xbox One update scheduled to come out this week, Marc Whitten has posted details about what to expect in our March update, including details around the imporvements we?re making to Xbox One multiplayer and parties:

• Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say ?Xbox, go to Friends? to see who?s online and what they?re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.
  • Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.
  • Chat with friends playing different games. Party chat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.
  • We?re adding an ?Invite friends to game? option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games? menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting ?Invite friends? will let you invite friends to your game and party.
  • We?re adding ?Recent Players.? This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you?ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.

When I read this thread yesterday I read it quickly and thought the update was releasing last night, so I fired up the One and did not get prompted or anything, so I started looking everywhere for System Update. It looks like this does not exist anywhere in the current One OS huh? I just found that a bit strange, as pretty much every modern component out there these days has a System Update to tell you if your system is up to date or not, and unless I missed something incredibly obvious, this is currently nowhere to be found in the One OS. I get the fact it checks in once a day and all of that, but I have always liked being able to see if an update was available, and if not getting "Your System Is Up To Date" message or similar.

When I read this thread yesterday I read it quickly and thought the update was releasing last night, so I fired up the One and did not get prompted or anything, so I started looking everywhere for System Update. It looks like this does not exist anywhere in the current One OS huh? I just found that a bit strange, as pretty much every modern component out there these days has a System Update to tell you if your system is up to date or not, and unless I missed something incredibly obvious, this is currently nowhere to be found in the One OS. I get the fact it checks in once a day and all of that, but I have always liked being able to see if an update was available, and if not getting "Your System Is Up To Date" message or similar.

Give them a chance, they are only just starting to get the basics in there  :rofl:

Seeing how it was delayed a bit they probably found some last minute problem bug, better than rolling it out to millions and then having to fix it.   I'm just glad they've finally decided to do these smaller yet more frequent updates to the system compared to other times when they'd hold off and do one big update 8 or more months later.

I hope the same holds true for everything going forward, not just the XB1.

Yep, If MS manage to release updates every 1 or 2 months with fixes/imrpovements it will keep me happy. They also seem to be listening to the community, Storage management, battery idicator and the party chat system are probably some of the more frequently moaned about issues so it's good to see that.

The new features sound great, and I hope the backend stuff relates to the DX update to allow easier use of the fast RAM (hopefully this will just be an automatic change that games don't need to be updated in order to use, but that is very hopeful).

The new features sound great, and I hope the backend stuff relates to the DX update to allow easier use of the fast RAM (hopefully this will just be an automatic change that games don't need to be updated in order to use, but that is very hopeful).

Also except a controller update (included in this week's update) that make the thumb sticks more accurate. It blew my mind when I read this; didn't even know they could update their controllers.

It's just like sensitity sliders in any FPS game. Sounds more technical than it is :P

On that note, I hope it only effects Titanfall and not system wide. I've got used to it in BF4 so don't want it to be changed.

Also except a controller update (included in this week's update) that make the thumb sticks more accurate. It blew my mind when I read this; didn't even know they could update their controllers.

It's just like sensitity sliders in any FPS game. Sounds more technical than it is :p

On that note, I hope it only effects Titanfall and not system wide. I've got used to it in BF4 so don't want it to be changed.

Actually, they're probably upping the sampling rate rather than just upping the sensitivity sliders since sensitivity sliders are usually controlled per-game. Both of which are possible via software update though.

Nope

Where's the Xbox One update? It's "too risky" to give dates, says Microsoft
"As soon as I get more information from my engineering team, I'll share," says Major Nelson

Posted on Friday 14-Feb-2014 9:38 AM GMT   By Edwin Evans-Thirlwell, Deputy Editor for OXM

It is now three days post-Xbox One Update Emergence Day, and we still have no Xbox One update. No new dashboard. No improved Kinect features. No USB keyboard support. No controller battery indicator. Boo! Posting on Reddit, Microsoft PR supremo Major "Larry Hryb" Nelson has promised that "as soon as I get more information from my engineering team, I'll share".

"I don't have all the details," Hryb cautioned readers. "Things are moving quickly and all the teams are working extra hard. I don't really like giving dates either. Too risky."

This month's Xbox One update will also introduce the ability to manage storage - a much-demanded feature - tweaked controller sensitivity and separate Games and Apps lists.

There's another Xbox One update on the way in March. It will add a Recent Players option, polish up the Xbox Live party app and streamline multiplayer performance. The idea is to get everything shipshape and watertight in time for the release of Titanfall.

Both updates are just the beginning, Hryb continued. "We've got a lot of great stuff in store for Xbox One. It took years for the Xbox 360 to become a mature, feature laden platform. We've got the same long game planned for the Xbox One."

Among other things, he said, Blu-ray 3D support will be added in a forthcoming update. "It is on the list. No timing yet."

A new dashboard would make a fine Valentine's Day present, Major. Why say it with roses, when you can say it with functionality?

http://www.totalxbox.com/71351/wheres-the-xbox-one-update-its-too-risky-to-give-dates-says-microsoft/

It would be nice to see the update come through today. Also, its nice to see them mention that 3D Bluray support is on the list for those that need that.

I really want to hear him say that external drive support is coming soon though.

Well there you go, everyone will probably have it by Sunday depending on how you use your Xbox One.

Any tricks to forcing the update like on the 360? Already tried the network test...

Leave instant on turned on, do a few things while signed on then turn off (using instant-on mode that is) and leave it for 15 - 30m and it should pull the update, mine just did.

Version went from: 6.2.10217 to 6.2.10542 (UK Console) for those that care.

Gaffers confirming the sharpening filter on sub-1080 games has been removed.

Assassin's Creed appears to look better now but not 100% sure as it has been a while.

EDIT: Going to take a pic with my Lumia 920 in a mo.

Gaffers confirming the sharpening filter on sub-1080 games has been removed.

Good move. Think there was some people on Neowin disputing it even existed!

Just installed it on mine. So far so good.

Here's the list of fixes per a NeoGaffer:

Full list of changes/improvements:

*Update to My Game & Apps to allow sorting of games and application lists, and separate queue lists for games, applications and installs

*Ability to delete game and application save data

*Improved installation and DLC management

*Addition of the controller battery power indicator

*Improved UI for accessing friends, achievements, messages, and party chat

*Game DVR app to be included in the Xbox OneGuide as an app channel

*Update to the boot progress indicators for system update

*Improve consistency of UX for update & install progress

*Separate game, application, and install queue lists

*Addition of USB keyboard support

*Stability and performance update

*Improved NAT detection

*Network Troubleshooter improvements