Neowin Monthly Photography Challenge - February '14

Welcome to the Neowin Monthly Photography Challenge!

This month's challenge closes on the 28th February 21h00 GMT.

The entered photos will be collected into a poll for voting from the 1st to the 5th of March, with the next thread starting on the 6th again.

The theme for this month is "Envy".

When you submit an entry, you must include your choice of theme as a part of the post. If you fail to do this, or fail to reply within 24 hours of a topic request PM, will result in us selecting the runner up's theme choice.

If an image is not submitted using the sites listed, it will NOT be accepted for the competition, the EXIF data is required for proof of entry

FAQ

Q: What is the current challenge?
A: The current challenge is in the thread title.

Q: What are the rules for posting?
A:

• Photos must be taken in the time frame of that theme (So in the case of March, from today (24th February) to the 24th March. Submission must be on a website that conserves EXIF data)

• Spam will be deleted as per the forum rules, such as photos for sale.
  • The rest of the forum rules still apply.
  • One picture per theme.
  • Post your photo as a reply to this thread
Q: What sites are permitted for submission?
A:
  • Flickr

• Picasa
  • min.us
  • smugmug
  • playlookit.com
  • 500px.com
  • DeviantArt.com
  • Google Plus
Q: Does Neowin get any rights to my images if I post them?
A: Not at all! The only rights Neowin get are simply to say you won and may post it to the front page with full accreditation.

Q: Can Staff/MVC/Veteran/Other Group enter?
A: Yes!

Q: I have a question not answered here!
A: PM me! I'll try my best.

Again, apologies for the January thread ending "abruptly". I'll try my best to get things sorted. Let's get this one going.

How did this happen - was there a vote on last month? Neowin died... and now this is up - SUPER confused...

Plus envy... good grief... not to complain... but what about something simple... or is everyone a pro here accept me...

Guess someone will post a gold Mercedes with a ninja turtle on it.. and win...

Who knows...

O well...

Looking forward to seeing what people post...

(...)

We've had to make due as everything was getting late.

Don't you envy a bunch of things before you even wake up? I envy people that can stay in bed while I have to get up and train. Envy comes in various shapes and sizes.

• Like 1

Ok, I'll update the rules post with these changes.

When you submit an entry, you must include your choice of theme as a part of the post. If you fail to do this, or fail to reply within 24 hours of a topic request PM, will result in us selecting the runner up's theme choice. This will progress as follows.

January victor -> March theme

February victor -> April theme

March victor -> May theme

And so forth, this means we already have a theme for the following month ready to be set up.

Also good luck, it's a tricky theme this month but I'm sure you creative folk can think of something!

• Like 1

en?vy
?env?/
noun

1. 1.
    a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck

Envy... is me getting mad because the other table got their porter beers before we did!

12424877213_65a79bf0cb_b.jpg

Choice theme: Love

:ninja:

All I see happening is someone not voting on someones picture because they don't like the theme they chose for the next month. Or not voting on what he thinks is the better photo, but on what he thinks is the better theme for next month.

All I see happening is someone not voting on someones picture because they don't like the theme they chose for the next month. Or not voting on what he thinks is the better photo, but on what he thinks is the better theme for next month.

I'm taking you down like my theme ? :laugh:

People Envy me for living in such a great area. That makes sense right?

12841669094_92c8f10498_z.jpg[/url]
Date Taken: 2014-02-21 16:22:57
Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D5100
Lens: 50.0 mm f/1.8
Focal Length: 50 mm
Mode: Aperture-priority AE
Aperture: f/2.8
Exposure Time: 0.02 sec (1/50)
ISO: 100

Theme Choice: Weather

Feeeewww... 8 mins to spare :p