• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Samsung Smart TV + live tv streaming

wv@gt    2,299

Hey guys. I just bought a Samsung Smart TV and am moving into a new place. My room mates do not have cable TV. I have an HD Antenna for local channels I am trying to figure out ways to watch live tv still via the internet apps or browser on the TV.  Are there any apps or pay services that allow you to watch live tv still? Yes I know there are "free" sites, but they are not reliable at all, I am looking into something like netflix paid or hulu plus but live if that exists 

The_Observer    293

There are Samsung Apps on there app store you could look at.

wv@gt    2,299

I haven't found any yet in the app store or at ones that are live. We have xfinity internet, but they don't have an app yet

wv@gt    2,299

Anyone have any other suggestions, or know of some pay services that do live tv streaming? 

vcfan    2,338

technically, this is for u.s citizens living abroad. its basically streaming cable service. 28 channels for $30/month. free signup includes local channels. you just have to tick a box that says yes I am a u.s citizen,and they ask where you are watching from.

http://www.ustvnow.com/

another with more packages

http://www.nationphone.com/USATVAbroad.html

wv@gt    2,299

Hmm, the second option looks great, but $99 a month seems steep compared to normal cable. I'm starting to look into Roku, does that do live tv as well. I'm looking for stations like AMC, Discover FX etc