Have you considered maybe adding a volume control display/control built into the notification? I'm not sure if it would add too much and loose some of the beautiful simplicity but its worth considering, I made a very crude edit in paint to try and show you what I mean;

volume.png

I think the black is a little too harsh but I'm sure you could tie the theme in somehow if you think it works.

off topic: What's this bootleg version? any good? :P

• Like 2

Still think it should say "re-scanning your collection". Upgrading sounds like you are doing something to my files, which is a no-no.

Also seem to be having the same issue as Skiver. Tracks being cut short.

Will be changed to "re-scanning your collection" in the next build :)

Build 191 is available: http://raphaelgodart.tumblr.com/Downloads

The good news:

- It fixes the issue concerning incorrect total time

- "upgrading your collection to the new version" was replaced by "re-scanning your collection"

The bad news:

The FLAC seeking issues that I thought were solved, aren't yet :(

This is the first I'm learning of this program. Do you offer any last.fm integration of any sort?

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered, I didn't read through the entire 19 pages of the thread.

Anyways it looks good, I'll be checking it out.

This is the first I'm learning of this program. Do you offer any last.fm integration of any sort?

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered, I didn't read through the entire 19 pages of the thread.

Anyways it looks good, I'll be checking it out.

Nope, no integration with other services at the moment.

It's come a long way, but it seems there is still work to be done, turning it into a solid performer.

Rapha?l has been amazing though, keeping us posted, and banging out updates left right and centre.

Now here is a man that can take criticism, though it has been far more constructive than in some other recent threads, it has to be said. lol

It's been cool, being able to have some input, and watching it grow.

Edited by FiB3R
  • Like 2

Nope, no integration with other services at the moment.

It's come a long way, but it seems there is still work to be done, turning it into a solid performer.

Rapha?l has been amazing though, keeping us posted, and banging out updates left right and centre.

Now hare is a man that can take criticism, though it has been far more constructive that some recent threads, it has to be said. lol

It's been cool, being able to have some input, and watching it grow.

Thanks for answering this :)

There is indeed quite some work to do. Last.fm support is planned though, but can't say when it will happen.

FLAC issues have been fixed (new build coming soon, after I fix other small issues). All credits go to the developer "filoe" at https://cscore.codeplex.com. He has been responding to my bug reports at the speed of light.

Epic player is epic. Keep up the good work. 

Microsoft should hire you guys and include this player in next Windows.

Epic player is epic. Keep up the good work. 

Microsoft should hire you guys and include this player in next Windows.

Unless I am mistaken, or you are counting the 3rd part Audio developer, Rapha?l is a one man Army!

Unless I am mistaken, or you are counting the 3rd part Audio developer, Rapha?l is a one man Army!

Yup everyone who is involved in this project. Directly or indirectly.

That's correct: I'm a one man army, coding in my spare time. I am, of course, using third party components (when their license allow free/costless usage, as musiX needs to remain free). For the different audio components I had contact with their developers on several occasions. Especially with questions about their usage, and for reporting back bugs which were discovered by you guys and myself. Every developer has been very helpful. The developer of CSCore is one of a kind though. I've never seen such quick response before.

• Like 2

That's correct: I'm a one man army, coding in my spare time. I am, of course, using third party components (when their license allow free/costless usage, as musiX needs to remain free). For the different audio components I had contact with their developers on several occasions. Especially with questions about their usage, and for reporting back bugs which were discovered by you guys and myself. Every developer has been very helpful. The developer of CSCore is one of a kind though. I've never seen such quick response before.

Not so sure, I would argue you have been pretty damn quick with your responses too!

I've checked a few of the tracks I noticed had the issue yesterday and they all seem fine now :)

Not so sure, I would argue you have been pretty damn quick with your responses too!

I've checked a few of the tracks I noticed had the issue yesterday and they all seem fine now :)

That's correct. I care about my software.  :)

Thanks for confirming the problem is solved. This build was quite a challenge, mostly because of replacing the main audio component. But it was required, mostly to fix flac issues and, as a side effect, improve spectrum responsiveness. There are still some minor quirks, as a result of replacing that component. But I'm ironing them out and will release a bugfix build later this week.

I am very much enjoying this software release, it reminds me of a much smaller and more simplistic ZUNE Player.

The MP3 cutt off seems to be fixed now with build 291

But the tag editor seems to be broken for me now... "Error -  there was a problem getting the tags" then the editor comes up with all fields blank

I am very much enjoying this software release, it reminds me of a much smaller and more simplistic ZUNE Player.

The MP3 cutt off seems to be fixed now with build 291

But the tag editor seems to be broken for me now... "Error -  there was a problem getting the tags" then the editor comes up with all fields blank

Does this happen for all files? Can you send me the log file by PM?

Actually i don't see my Album art anymore now either.

But i'm wondering if this is my fault for extracting the files from the MSI rather than let windows install from it.

I just extracted all the files into a temp folder using a zip program.

I'm so used to using portable apps these days that you just unzip and run, rather than install.

Actually i don't see my Album art anymore now either.

But i'm wondering if this is my fault for extracting the files from the MSI rather than let windows install from it.

I just extracted all the files into a temp folder using a zip program.

I'm so used to using portable apps these days that you just unzip and run, rather than install.

That's shouldn't cause this issue. The only thing the MSI does is copying the files to program files, creating a start menu shortcut and adding info to the registry for file associations.

Edit: if your album art cache is damaged or not up to date, you won't see embedded album art. MusiX rebuilds it at every start (it should notify you in the top right part of the screen)

You can also force it to rebuild:

- close musiX

- go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\musiX

- delete the folder "Cache"

- start musiX

That's shouldn't cause this issue. The only thing the MSI does is copying the files to program files, creating a start menu shortcut and adding info to the registry for file associations.

Edit: if your album art cache is damaged or not up to date, you won't see embedded album art. MusiX rebuilds it at every start (it should notify you in the top right part of the screen)

You can also force it to rebuild:

- close musiX

- go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\musiX

- delete the folder "Cache"

- start musiX

That fixed the album art, Thank you, but not the editing.

That fixed the album art, Thank you, but not the editing.

Ok great. For the editing problem, please PM me the logfile. You can find it in the same directory I send you earlier.

Did you ever experiment with using sqllite or a similar internal database with regards to storing/reading the music library?  Just wondering since it looks like you store that information in a xml file and was wondering if something like sqllite would be faster and/or better at memory allocation then a xml file.

Either way, nice work on this player.  Glad to see fast response times to issues/suggestions.

Ok great. For the editing problem, please PM me the logfile. You can find it in the same directory I send you earlier.

2014-07-22 15:46:28.8307|Info|musiX.Application.Application_Startup|### STARTING musiX, version 1.0 (Build 291) ###
2014-07-22 15:46:34.5439|Info|musiX.MainWindowViewModel.AddDirectoryFromWelcomeExecute|Adding folder from welcome screen
2014-07-22 15:46:39.1750|Info|musiX.CollectionManager.IsUpdateNeeded|An update of the collection is required
2014-07-22 15:46:39.1750|Info|musiX.CollectionManager.UpdateLibrary|+++ STARTED UPDATING COLLECTION +++
2014-07-22 15:46:39.2000|Error|musiX.CollectionManager.CreateSong|Failed to get tags of D:\My Music\Air - All I Need.mp3. Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'taglib-sharp, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db62eba44689b5b0' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
2014-07-22 15:46:41.9392|Error|musiX.CollectionManager.CreateSong|Failed to get tags of D:\My Music\Zero 7\Zero 7 - Your Place.mp3. Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'taglib-sharp, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db62eba44689b5b0' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
2014-07-22 15:46:41.9392|Error|musiX.MainWindowViewModel.AfterUpdating|Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2014-07-22 15:48:25.2302|Error|musiX.EditTagsWindowViewModel.mGetTagsWorker_DoWork|There was a problem getting the tags. Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'taglib-sharp, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db62eba44689b5b0' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
2014-07-22 15:48:32.4005|Error|musiX.EditTagsWindowViewModel.mGetTagsWorker_DoWork|There was a problem getting the tags. Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'taglib-sharp, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db62eba44689b5b0' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
2014-07-22 15:48:44.7195|Error|musiX.EditTagsWindowViewModel.mGetTagsWorker_DoWork|There was a problem getting the tags. Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'taglib-sharp, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db62eba44689b5b0' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
2014-07-22 15:49:24.4275|Info|musiX.MainWindow.MetroWindow_Closing|### STOPPING musiX, version 1.0 (Build 291) ###

thats the log with just the tracks in between A to Z cut out for space saving.

I hope this helps.