Sharing the entire C drive (C$) of a XP PC

Hello,

Migrating from one PC (PC A) to another (PC B), PC A is running XP. I want all its files to be still avaliable to access. The easiest thing is simply share C (C$) for everyone and be done with it.

I cant seem to set permissions for C$ so I went ahead and made another share called C (with the same thing C:/). I can access almost every file but things like Documents and Settings/USERNAME I cannot access. Besides putting it in a Linux machine :p what is the best way to allow this to be accessed by everyone in the network?

This PC cannot access any external networks like the internet.

Also this PC used to be domained but I undomained (is that even a word) it.

(Lets exclude all "this is not secure" comments as this was not posted in the Internet, Network and Security section :) )

I would think switching the permissions for the particular directories/subdirectories to include Everyone (with Full permissions) should suffice.

Hello,

I would think switching the permissions for the particular directories/subdirectories to include Everyone (with Full permissions) should suffice.

I was wondering where that security tab went. I remember that you have to disable simple file sharing in order to access. Trying it now and see if it works.

You need to set permissions on the share as well as at the file level.  Go under C drive, security, advanced, set your permissions, and click on the box for replace permissions on child objects.  That should do it.