DSLR Camera questions

I was saying it works great.  So OP will know what I have said and he/she could buy 35mm if want to.... 

35mm is great for closeups.

105mm is for sharp looking closeups ..I have some photos with 105mm in the digital labs pictures thread.. I think they are in last year thread or so.

I have not been taking pictures much this year because of things to do for family and errands run... plus winter sucks due snow/ice going on...  Hopefully I get to go out taking pictures in the Spring.

71199-fingers-oo-ooo-oooo-ooh-oooh-g-0tD

lol...   anyway, Guppy, just wait until better weather comes in and I could try to go out more...  I don't drive in snow or rain.  Mustang can't do a thing in the snow.

Right now, there are ice spots around here...  Not all melt away yet.

Snow Schmow! get your ass in gear! :P I wanne see mustang photos at the very least

I will see what I can do.. I try to remember when the better weather comes in.

FYI, I don't like to show my car photos to the internet.. except car shows photos.

I have car photos from the car show... you want to see them?

I will see what I can do.. I try to remember when the better weather comes in.

FYI, I don't like to show my car photos to the internet.. except car shows photos.

I have car photos from the car show... you want to see them?

as long as it is YOUR car?

Yep it would. Always remember to get "AF-S G" versions

+1

+2

Pretty much, like I said, without sounding like an ********, it appears to me the OP thinks buying new gear will motivate him to take more photos, it won't. What he needs to do is stop using his camera as a paper weight.

Indeed. I have to get out and use it. I am going on a mini vacation this weekend. Hopefully the ton of snow we are to get doesn't mess with it.

I do love my night time long exposure shots of Three Mile Island I have. I have some others I'll post in the forums tomorrow.

Indeed. I have to get out and use it. I am going on a mini vacation this weekend. Hopefully the ton of snow we are to get doesn't mess with it.

I do love my night time long exposure shots of Three Mile Island I have. I have some others I'll post in the forums tomorrow.

I did the long exposure of Christmas lights...   Let's see if I can find my photos and I can upload..

I don't really get why people say taking photos with snow is something impossible to do :/

LOL.

Well that and red green purple etc. But yeah yellow is easier I guess

Green works as long as you are on a holiday called 'St Patrick's Day'.

[waiting on that day so I could go out to pinch the girls' ass.]

:whistle:

Snow is probably more challenging because of the fact that it is so white, so compensating the exposure can be difficult. Aperture priority combined with Exposure Compensation of +1 should help out in this case, and ensuring you make use of the WB settings rather than leaving it on Auto.

Of course, it does also help when you've got a good covering rather than about a centimetre which would then promptly melt. :laugh:

Snow is probably more challenging because of the fact that it is so white, so compensating the exposure can be difficult. Aperture priority combined with Exposure Compensation of +1 should help out in this case, and ensuring you make use of the WB settings rather than leaving it on Auto.

Of course, it does also help when you've got a good covering rather than about a centimetre which would then promptly melt. :laugh:

There ya go! moar snow shooting advice!