Patch tuesday Feb 11

I updated my PC and I now have a skydrive icon in my taskbar (onedrive)? when was that supposed to happen lol this is not GDR1 (update 1) by the way

post-446867-0-95876200-1392162871.jpg

I knew it was coming in 8.1 update 1 but I got it after updating. I know it's not a big deal it was just unexpected from my knowledge it was supposed to be a bunch of security updates

• Like 1

I had the same Skydrive icon after a reboot of the updates. I have since rebooted again and it is gone.

I did not see it loading up in anywhere inside of Autoruns.

I just re-opened the Modern UI Skydrive app and it reappeared. Which is funny because I originally never opened it earlier when it showed up. The Skydrive process is showing on Task Manager under Processes, I killed it, the systray icon is still there, and a seperate process "SkyDrive Sync Engine Host" is running and must be killed - C:\Windows\System32\SkyDrive.exe

Edit: This is probably the one that triggered it - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2917929

here is IE 11.0.3

Its not same as which is in leaked ISO, I confirmed it by checking WebGL enhancement which leaked ISO IE11.0.3 build contain. Current Patch Tuesday update knowledge base article also not revealed any enhancement except general fixes and leak fixes.

KB: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2909921

- Web browser control hosting application may lose session information unexpectedly

- Internet Explorer 8 crashes when you scroll a scrollbar on a webpage that has Windows Media Player embedded

- GDI objects are leaked when you open a tab or window in Internet Explorer

- "Internet Explorer has stopped working" error message in Internet Explorer 11

- An RTL caret overlaps characters on some websites in Internet Explorer 11

- Internet Explorer 11 does not display RSS sites in the feed view

- Internet Explorer 11 does not resize images to fit the screen on a high-DPI device

- Auto-correct feature does not work after inserting an image in Windows 8.1

- Truncated data and subsequent FTP operations fail on the same session in Internet Explorer 11 when you use InternetWriteFile to upload files

- "Assertion Failed" error message when you paste data URI images in Internet Explorer 10

- MSPointerDown event cannot be triggered when you use the middle mouse button to scroll in Internet Explorer in Windows 7

- "Couldn't be downloaded" error when you download a file or a program in Internet Explorer 11

- Paragraph scroll height changes unexpectedly after you change the font in Internet Explorer 11

- Internet Explorer temporarily freezes when you browse webpages that contain deeply nested content

- Cannot log on to wireless network by using Internet Explorer 11 after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

- Permission issues on the hardware acceleration features when you open a Silverlight app on a Windows 8.1-based device

- Suggested Sites accuracy is improved for some secure sites when you use Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7

- Flip ahead feature does not work on some websites in Internet Explorer 11

- Some QSA items cannot be displayed in Internet Explorer 11

- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) files are displayed incorrectly in Internet Explorer 11

- W3CException_DOM_INVALID_STATE_ERR error when you browse to a website in Internet Explorer 11

- Narrator reads pages incorrectly in Internet Explorer 11

- Memory leak when you use the innerHTML property to insert nested tables in Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10, or Internet Explorer 11

- Update that helps you manage your Internet Explorer 11 home page

- "No such interface supported" error when opening a file through an FTP network location in Internet Explorer 11 or 10

hmm that's interesting i'm actually glad it's their now I know if it's working or not

I had the same Skydrive icon after a reboot of the updates. I have since rebooted again and it is gone.

I did not see it loading up in anywhere inside of Autoruns.

I just re-opened the Modern UI Skydrive app and it reappeared. Which is funny because I originally never opened it earlier when it showed up. The Skydrive process is showing on Task Manager under Processes, I killed it, the systray icon is still there, and a seperate process "SkyDrive Sync Engine Host" is running and must be killed - C:\Windows\System32\SkyDrive.exe

Edit: This is probably the one that triggered it - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2917929

could it be the same Browser? but the Update 1 adds needed enhancements to activate those features kind of strange having the same Build but not all the features with it  

Its not same as which is in leaked ISO, I confirmed it by checking WebGL enhancement which leaked ISO IE11.0.3 build contain. Current Patch Tuesday update knowledge base article also not revealed any enhancement except general fixes and leak fixes.

could it be the same Browser? but the Update 1 adds needed enhancements to activate those features kind of strange having the same Build but not all the features with it

Well, actually as from ZDnet Mary J Foley, they delayed the release so might be the old version of ISO leaked actually and they rebrand IE 11.0.4 (or 11.1) with new enhancements.

I wish there was an official way of removing the SkyDrive integration (and replace it with another service) which has now become louder by this update. I cannot reboot at the moment, but hopefully it will disappear when I do.