Almost 3 years ago, Steve Jobs, one of the world's great pioneer passed away.  His death takes a big chunk of many people's heart.  I think many people are still trying to find ways to reconnect or a way to make him stay alive.  About 30 years ago, a time-capsule was buried along with Steve Jobs first mouse that was made for Apple Lisa.  The time-capsule had been dug up and documented by National Geography.  CNet uploaded the clip to show the first impression.

The mouse is said to be "priceless".  What do you guys think?  I think we can put that to the test to see if it will work with Crysis 4. :p

For more info, you can read it here.  There are a lot of photos to check out.

Why did they juxtapose that "the first mouse ever invented" stuff in here? Are they trying to make it look like Steve Jobs invented the mouse?

what you didn't know? The world didn't exist until Jobs and Apple "invented", in a "revolutionary" way. :laugh:

in the end of the day it's just a mouse. and a very old one.

"you can tell it's genuine because of the little button".

Yes that sure signifies it was Steves alright. No other identical Lisa mouse had that small button to click things. And no fake would ever copy that detail. I'm not saying it was fake but Aliens come on all things had those, they are no indication it was Steves.

• Like 4

Greatest pioneer? Give me a break, he invented nothing, he was just really really good at marketing to the masses

Besides being one of the most influential CEOs of all time, he was a million times the CEO Ballmer wished he could be...

Besides being one of the most influential CEOs of all time, he was a million times the CEO Ballmer wished he could be...

I bet Steve Ballmer is feeling pretty good right now, sitting back and enjoying his billions.

I'd rather be a Ballmer's (or Gates') subordinate than Jobs' because Jobs had the worst old-school style of management (forget carrots, it was all about sticks).

Jobs almost ruined his own company, always used to yell at his employees, and got booted from it by the board before getting the second chance.

• Like 1

His second chance? Oh, you mean the one where Apple literally BEGGED him to come back? That second chance? :p

(BTW, I couldn't stand Job's and always knew he was a complete butthole.)

I'd rather be a Ballmer's (or Gates') subordinate than Jobs' because Jobs had the worst old-school style of management (forget carrots, it was all about sticks).

Jobs almost ruined his own company, always used to yell at his employees, and got booted from it by the board before getting the second chance.

You certainly have a different view on history. Yes, he was BRUTAL in how he did business and treated his employees and yeah he was pretty much booted out for being a thug. Thing was though without him and his, we'll say unique management techniques, Apple went down the toilet pretty quickly. They BEGGED him to return (to which he refused in the beginning) and after his return he SAVED Apple and built the company to what it is today (one of the most successful in the world). So yeah, he probably was the worst boss in history but damn he certainly knew what he was doing.

You certainly have a different view on history. Yes, he was BRUTAL in how he did business and treated his employees and yeah he was pretty much booted out for being a thug. Thing was though without him and his, we'll say unique management techniques, Apple went down the toilet pretty quickly. They BEGGED him to return (to which he refused in the beginning) and after his return he SAVED Apple and built the company to what it is today (one of the most successful in the world). So yeah, he probably was the worst boss in history but damn he certainly knew what he was doing.

I'll agree with everything there except, "built the company to what it is today". Apple has been going steadily downhill after he passed away. There has been no real innovation, just rehashed products.

I'll agree with everything there except, "built the company to what it is today". Apple has been going steadily downhill after he passed away. There has been no real innovation, just rehashed products.

That maybe true but they are still raking in the money, they pretty much don't need to innovate. Just make it shiny and thin and slap the Apple logo on it and it'll sell by the millions :/ that is some serious brand power right there. Will it last? probably not but currently it's looking pretty good for them. However, I get where your coming from though. There is nothing "new" about their current (or previous) offerings since Jobs departed. Just slimmer, faster, lighter versions of existing products and a few variations thrown into the mix. Nothing particularly groundbreaking or innovative at all. 

• Like 2

That maybe true but they are still raking in the money, they pretty much don't need to innovate. Just make it shiny and thin and slap the Apple logo on it and it'll sell by the millions :/ that is some serious brand power right there. Will it last? probably not but currently it's looking pretty good for them. However, I get where your coming from though. There is nothing "new" about their current (or previous) offerings since Jobs departed. Just slimmer, faster, lighter versions of existing products and a few variations thrown into the mix. Nothing particularly groundbreaking or innovative at all. 

Exactly. :)

If you're not innovating, you're standing still.  And in the tech world, if you're standing still, everyone else just runs past you.

Also, iTunes is <bleep!>.  I'd rather put an axe through my PC than install that garbage software on it.  It'd work better afterwards.