WZOR Talks About Windows (Codename) 9, Is a DP Imminent?

Interesting stuff either way, so far all I expect is a update 2 for 8.1 later this year and Windows 9 for Spring 2015. 

No, a beta of Windows 9 in Spring 2015.

With that, there is, perhaps, some extra time for a Update 3 to Windows 8.1

No, a beta of Windows 9 in Spring 2015.

With that, there is, perhaps, some extra time for a Update 3 to Windows 8.1

I don't think there's going to be a 3rd, we could get a beta of 9 in the Winter and a update 2 that adds the new menu to 8.1.  I don't expect them to push Windows 9 back into late 2015.  Only time will tell though.

screen_346_zps5b9f1b61.jpg

Hopefully MS would tell us something about Update2, or maybe win9 in WPC July?? Btw, didn't see it mentioned in Neowin News : Amazon is added to ban list (LOL) .. :laugh:

FAKE! :shifty:  :p

Nobody noticed? wp8/8.1, preview was released after win8/8.1 RTM'ed for quite a while ...... actually, (leaked) wp development news/build only happened after windows client RTM. :)

screen_346_zps5b9f1b61.jpg

Hopefully MS would tell us something about Update2, or maybe win9 in WPC July?? Btw, didn't see it mentioned in Neowin News : Amazon is added to ban list (LOL) .. :laugh:

Almost at 10 000. Also, this is most likely a Windows 9 build, not a Windows 8.1 Update 2 build...

Almost at 10 000. Also, this is most likely a Windows 9 build, not a Windows 8.1 Update 2 build...

Yep, it's win9 build. :)

Btw, my friend had told me, the "uncensored version" is fake, some "guesses" were wrong(he won't tell me which ones, naturally), he agreed to what I thought, there couldn't be a wp9 preview before win9RTM ........ sorry @BAVO. :/

Even if 6.3.9755 is a Win9 build that's not to say it doesn't share things with a planned update 2.  For example if we get update 2 with the new start menu back in then you can be 100% sure that's going to be the same code in Windows 9.   Or maybe update 2 will change the build this time?  We don't know really, besides I expect Windows 9 to be kernel version 6.4 and not 6.3 still.

Even if 6.3.9755 is a Win9 build that's not to say it doesn't share things with a planned update 2.  For example if we get update 2 with the new start menu back in then you can be 100% sure that's going to be the same code in Windows 9.   Or maybe update 2 will change the build this time?  We don't know really, besides I expect Windows 9 to be kernel version 6.4 and not 6.3 still.

Well, I get 6.3.9740 for my Powershell in Update1. :)

Update2 will still be 9600, just a increment in delta, don't know if it will change for WinThreshold though.

What is this?  A new app to get other apps or a new style for the store?  Need more info.

What is this?  A new app to get other apps or a new style for the store?  Need more info.

Looks like an in-store store. :/

Looks awful, TBH. Doesn't match the Windows 8 look at all.

Seeing the Chinese (I presume) signs in the upper left corner, it's probably another PCBeta experiment, not something official.
It's called 'APPXWorld' so I guess it's some sort of library of unofficial apps for windows.
I'm very interested how they will enable sideloading in a user friendly way, could be a new method of cracking Store appswink.gif

EDIT: http://www.appxworld.com/ it's indeed what I expected, a 3rd party app browser by PCBeta, only existing apps though, so no side-loading

Seeing the Chinese (I presume) signs in the upper left corner, it's probably another PCBeta experiment, not something official.

It's called 'APPXWorld' so I guess it's some sort of library of unofficial apps for windows.

I'm very interested how they will enable sideloading in a user friendly way, could be a new method of cracking Store appswink.gif

EDIT: http://www.appxworld.com/ it's indeed what I expected, a 3rd party app browser by PCBeta, only existing apps though, so no side-loading

Tks @BAVO, it was a App from a team with the PCBeta guy, his UID is "1", so I did some word-spreading as compliment, sorry didn't explain late last night.

Quoted from my post in MDL, no further comments : :)

."..... anyway, why should I take seriously from someone who said "Windows Codename Threshold will be called Windows 9"?? Like my friend commented "LOL, what a load of crap"....."

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsofts-windows-as-a-service-comes-in-to-focus-with-new-job-posting

screen_348_zps5699c762.jpg

Still awaiting Miss Foley's comment on the statement that appeared in the official Microsoft Job Listing page : :)

"We are a team focused on developing services that will power Microsoft's ability to offer Windows as a Service."

Still awaiting Miss Foley's comment on the statement that appeared in the official Microsoft Job Listing page : :)

"We are a team focused on developing services that will power Microsoft's ability to offer Windows as a Service."

Here you go:

1LANXZD.png  WBdPHcP.png  poskUHZ.png

We'll just have to wait and see, but we have to remember, Azure started off as Windows Server as a service.  That was the original thinking behind it but it's now expanded to offer *nix and so on.  So Windows as a Service could be different from what some think it'll be.  It could be like what, iirc, Citrix offers, or maybe it was someone else, who offered you a remote VM Windows desktop as subscription for those who need to sometimes run Windows apps.   It wouldn't be a stretch to have them offer up a "Windows Service" for those who need a Windows desktop VM from time to time through Azure.

Tks, @BAVO, this statement might have nailed Miss Foley, while she was spilling BS about her theory of "Windows is a platform, not a service" in her yesterday's blog, MS had actually (semi-)officially announced a whole month ago that : "Here in Microsoft we have a existing team working on a existing project to offer Windows as a service".... she could make all her guessings/speculations for all I care.

Naturally Miss Foley won't get legit info's from her "long and trusted source", MS has a team to track down inside leakers, they probably know who is her source.

Wonder how Miss Foley could said in such affirmative way "fake list is fake", when she didn't have a chance to view the status updates in corpnet - I am quite she didn't have that chance, or else she wouldn't have made this BS remark in the 1st place .... oh, BTW, it was updated recently but naturally I am unable to say anything more.

Oh yes, one small thing, my friend's comment on Miss Foley's blog of yesterday "lmfao, not again, another load of crap". :)

To be fair, FaiKee, I trust Mary Jo more than your random Chinese source, as much as i would like for Windows 365 to be real.

I really think Windows could work as a service and so does MJF apparently, have a look at my Windows subscription service concept: bav0.com/howwhy-a-windows-subscription-might-work-concept/  :D

To be fair, FaiKee, I trust Mary Jo more than your random Chinese source, as much as i would like for Windows 365 to be real.

I really think Windows could work as a service and so does MJF apparently, have a look at my Windows subscription service concept: bav0.com/howwhy-a-windows-subscription-might-work-concept/  :D

Just choose what you wish to trust, this is your decision, btw, guess you might have seen this dated MS pic(it's back in win8/azure times), they were starting to work on "Platform(i.e. the OS) As A Service", notice how "vendors(service providers)" will manage OS instead of users, and for "Platform+Software" As A Service, LOL, vendor will manage everything.

061509ooa3buulbjkoypjq.png.thumb.jpg