Windows Phone passes iPhone in another market

According to this article(in Portuguese): http://www.techtudo.com.br/noticias/noticia/2014/02/windows-phone-ultrapassa-iphone-e-conquista-segunda-colocacao-no-brasil-diz-idc.html

Windows Phone has passed iPhone in market share in Brazil, doubling its presence in the country. As it stands now, the market share for the platforms are:

Android - 89%

Windows Phone - 6%

iOS (iPhone) - 4,7%

Blackberry - 0,3%

Whilst WP grew 3%, iOS fell 2,2% in the period. All data is from IDC.

The fact is that the only market where the iPhone is number 1 is in the US last I saw. In every other market it's either number 2 or 3.

The fact is that the only market where the iPhone is number 1 is in the US last I saw. In every other market it's either number 2 or 3.

or in other words - iPhone leads in only market where true price of phones is mostly hidden.

I don't think Apple was in a race to win in all of these markets. A $50 iPhone would drastically change the numbers in all of these markets. I don't Apple is interested in that.

well just look at change of tone around here...

I don't think Apple was in a race to win in all of these markets. A $50 iPhone would drastically change the numbers in all of these markets. I don't Apple is interested in that.

:rofl:

I guess selling phones in Brasil is just a hobby for Apple.

For those pointing to Androids share it's hard to argue with their volume, for every one Lumia phone theres at least 10 android phones on sale. MS should give the OS out to OEMs for cheaper or free and get more volume out there, if that can happen then we'll see how far it can really go. As long as there's a huge difference in volume of handsets being pumped out then Android will always have the lead.

I guess I better sell my iPhone and get a Windows Phone since they are more popular in Brazil, lol. Seriously though, I am intrigued with Windows Phones/Tablets, I just don't think they have the apps to compete with iOS. I don't know if apps are limited outside the US or what. Virtually everywhere I go, someone has an iPhone in their hand.

I guess I better sell my iPhone and get a Windows Phone since they are more popular in Brazil, lol. Seriously though, I am intrigued with Windows Phones/Tablets, I just don't think they have the apps to compete with iOS. I don't know if apps are limited outside the US or what. Virtually everywhere I go, someone has an iPhone in their hand.

Great marketing,

I have an S4 and love it but bought 2 windows phones for my kids and they are actually pretty cool.

Yeah I've played with an S4 in store and it's a great device. I also had a Nexus 4 for about a year and  Lumia Windows Phone for a short time. Both were great devices but the whole iPhone ecosystem was just best for me. Like you said though, I guess it's how it's marketed.

• Like 1

The only people i know with iPhones are the ones that don't really know anything about tech. They tend to just buy whatever is popular and they're a little on the shallow side. I do however only know about 3 people with Windows Phones, and while they like them, I think android will be ruling the roost for quite some time

iPhone leads in only market where true price of phones is mostly hidden.

I think it's more a factor of the price sensitivity of the markets. Same with Macs that have a marketshare of ~15% in the U.S iirc...which I find quite incredible considering the average selling price compared to PCs in general.