The Order: 1886 New Trailer On 18th February

Well it would help others if you posted the whole section rather than a snippet of a longer answer

I think most of us with a basic understanding of graphical demand know the bolded part above is why the game is 30FPS. I don't think there's any shame in admitting even the PS4 has it's limits and it would not be outputting at 60FPS at 4xMSAA.

some focus too much on the 1080p/60 fiasco.  They dont consider circumstances that make it different.

The setting and graphics look excellent but the gameplay seems rather... weak. It's yet another cover-based shooter with QTEs. It looks like the PS4 equivalent to Ryse.

The setting and graphics look excellent but the gameplay seems rather... weak. It's yet another cover-based shooter with QTEs. It looks like the PS4 equivalent to Ryse.

Would you compare Uncharted and The Last of Us to Ryse?

I'm surprised no one has touched on the point that the game is 30fps and that the developer made this quote:

What about that comment? It's true. 60fps does not immediately = better graphics. The videos of The Order that were released today are proof enough of that. The game looks absolutely stunning.

I'm super excited for the game, but I am extremely disappointed that it (most likely) won't have co-op. This game seems like it would have been a perfect fit for campaign co-op or a horde mode of some sort. Frankly, I consider it huge missed opportunity and a terrible decision on RaD's part to not include it.

What about that comment? It's true. 60fps does not immediately = better graphics. The videos of The Order that were released today are proof enough of that. The game looks absolutely stunning.

I'm super excited for the game, but I am extremely disappointed that it (most likely) won't have co-op. This game seems like it would have been a perfect fit for campaign co-op or a horde mode of some sort. Frankly, I consider it huge missed opportunity and a terrible decision on RaD's part to not include it.

I also miss having co-op, especially local co-op options. 

Well it would help others if you posted the whole section rather than a snippet of a longer answer

I think most of us with a basic understanding of graphical demand know the bolded part above is why the game is 30FPS. I don't think there's any shame in admitting even the PS4 has it's limits and it would not be outputting at 60FPS at 4xMSAA.

That's not the point I'm trying to make, though.  In other threads here it seems like it's unforgivable for this gen to be at 30fps.  Yet this dev is doing it in a game that looks amazing and everyone is praising how it looks.  The only negatives have been the apparent gameplay (apparent because it seems good to me) and even in those comments it's said that the game looks amazing but...

There has been a lot of finger pointing that 30fps is unacceptable.  Now there's someone from the Sony developer camp that is saying that is not the case.

Would you compare Uncharted and The Last of Us to Ryse?

By that I just mean that it's all about the graphics, with the gameplay coming second.

That's not the point I'm trying to make, though.  In other threads here it seems like it's unforgivable for this gen to be at 30fps.  Yet this dev is doing it in a game that looks amazing and everyone is praising how it looks.  The only negatives have been the apparent gameplay (apparent because it seems good to me) and even in those comments it's said that the game looks amazing but...

There has been a lot of finger pointing that 30fps is unacceptable.  Now there's someone from the Sony developer camp that is saying that is not the case.

As Munky said it's best placed in the other topic, it's already partially spoke about there anyway with the difference here being this is a graphically spectacular game where as the flak the XB1 got for TR for example was due to it being a lower framerate on a game that wasn't graphically on par with the PS4 version (lower quality textures).

If your game isn't wowing in the graphics sector sure, you're going to be at a higher chance for flak if it's running a framerate that doesn't scream "we're not at 60 due to AA/open world/crazy texture LOD/etc." For example no one is really giving inFamous Second Son a hard time for 30, why?, open world with 1080p. Here the devs are saying it's due mostly to 4xMSAA, and most people are saying okay, 4xMSAA is indeed really graphical intensive. In other words people believe that they're being honest as they do have a decent enough claim as to why the frame rate is at 30. The PS4 really isn't powerful enough to be pushing that kind of AA 1080p/60FPS, a lot of PC's struggle with higher levels of AA.

This look amazing. Hope the story is just as good as it looks.  And I hope the story has some depth (lot of depth) to it.

If the game is a hit and this world has some life, I would love to see a sequel... or even maybe a trilogy...

Agreed.

Now if we could just get the gameplay to be good. The game looks good, but the gameplay has let us down. I figured they would have known by now that the timed button mashing is last gen.

• 3 months later...

Not at all... Its all about the era its set in.

Why can't people just enjoy and appreciate something for what it is?

Ehhh, it looks like their graphics strategy was: make everything extremely blurry so you don't have to render minute details.

you do realise it's a 720p compressed youtube video right?

The gameplay was taken from their livestream on Twitch today. They haven't uploaded the broadcast yet (not sure they will either). If they do it'll probably be available in better quality.