OPM UK hinting at series of "massive significance" coming to PS4 next cover

Yt9de5n.jpg

Keep hype in check.

HKNSn7o.png

Crash Bandicoot rumour has been doing the rounds in the past months, doubt it could be Jak and Daxter... Uncharted 4 has already been announced.

I bought my PS1 for Wipeout but Crash Bandicoot was the first game I ever played. Would love to see it back in ND's hands :wub:

Still, I'm wondering if there's a license they've bought up which has never been on PS platform either. Nothing immediate stands out that one of their PS1/2 competitors haven't already rebooted over the years.

Crash Bandicoot rumour has been doing the rounds in the past months, doubt it could be Jak and Daxter... Uncharted 4 has already been announced.

I can't see a Crash Bandicoot game being one of the most exciting events in OPM's history, nor would I consider it a series of "massive significance". It was popular back in the day but it was hardly a gaming classic.

From GAF

Not a port. Also, not Sony.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101349026&postcount=517

You can follow the bread trail from that post yourself to find out it's not a post by a nobody, but still, keep hype in check :p Magazine reveals really haven't been anything spectacular for a long time. Unless of course whatever this is will have a big unveil and OPM UK simply has it as a cover. When is GDC again?

From GAF

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101349026&postcount=517

You can follow the bread trail from that post yourself to find out it's not a post by a nobody, but still, keep hype in check :p Magazine reveals really haven't been anything spectacular for a long time. Unless of course whatever this is will have a big unveil and OPM UK simply has it as a cover. When is GDC again?

2nd week of March IIRC

What does it mean "not Sony"? Surely if ND are working on it then Sony are publishing? It's a 1st party studio is it not? Or does this mean ND are just in on the hype and they're not involved?

Snip. Changed my mind lol.

Maybe Last Guardian?

Some more possibilities:

BG&E2

Heavenly Sword 2 :rofl: :cry:

PaRappa the Rapper? :laugh:

8 Days

Can't be Shenmue, it belongs to SEGA and even the creator can't get it started.

Recent article this week said FF7 won't happen because of costs

MGS1 remake seems unlikely with MGSV PP still not finished.

A proper Oddworld reboot (doubt it with JAW's slow progress on remake).

Snip. Changed my mind lol.

Maybe Last Guardian?

Some more possibilities:

BG&E2

Heavenly Sword 2 :rofl: :cry:

a proper Oddworld reboot (doubt it with JAW's slow progress on remake).

8 Days

Can't be Shenmue, it belongs to SEGA and even the creator can't get it started.

Recent article this week said FF7 won't happen because of costs

MGS1 remake seems unlikely with MGSV PP still not finished.

Add Demons Souls 2 to that list, long rumoured to be getting worked on right now.

I hate these teases, I hate surprises IRL so this just racks my brain when I can't squeeze it out of someone :rofl:

Legacy of Kain reboot now that Crystal have finished TR DE

Timesplitters 4 but I'm sure Crytek said they were doing F2P only

I don't think MediEvil, Jak&Dax or Syphon Filter have legs on them to wow people these days.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a series that hasn't been around since PS1 era though if it's not one of the development-hell PS3 games.

Edit:

can't stop thinking about it lol.

Maybe a new studio taking over Wipeout from ex Liverpool staff

If it's Fallout 4 / HL3 I'll flip :woot: (seriously doubt it will be though).

I hate these teases, I hate surprises IRL so this just racks my brain when I can't squeeze it out of someone :rofl:

Legacy of Kain reboot now that Crystal have finished TR DE

Timesplitters 4 but I'm sure Crytek said they were doing F2P only

I don't think MediEvil, Jak&Dax or Syphon Filter have legs on them to wow people these days.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a series that hasn't been around since PS1 era though if it's not one of the development-hell PS3 games.

What trips everyone up is "one of the most exciting in OPM history". Either that's canned PR to hype some expected multipaltform title, or they are for once being genuine in a magazine with the whole "this is our best cover story eva!". While there are insiders on GAF I wouldn't get too carried away with the quote above either, actually suggesting non-1st party is a bit of a downer if anything. Would rather we see one of the development-hell PS3 titles than the new Batman being announced or something like that.

Agent just doesn't exist  :iiam:

Ok first of all, someone needs to tranquilize Andy.  Dude, your going to collapse from the hysteria :laugh:

Second of all, I really want to be blown away if OPM is going to over hype the crap out of this announcement.

I'm completely ready for it to be far overblown however. 

Ok first of all, someone needs to tranquilize Andy.  Dude, your going to collapse from the hysteria :laugh:

Second of all, I really want to be blown away if OPM is going to over hype the crap out of this announcement.

I'm completely ready for it to be far overblown however. 

Tell me about it. It's only been a few hours and there's still a month to go :pacifier:

Tell me about it. It's only been a few hours and there's still a month to go :pacifier:

Has staying up late to watch "gaming keynotes" outside of E3 not taught you anything?  :rofl:

Has staying up late to watch "gaming keynotes" outside of E3 not taught you anything?  :rofl:

I know, I really should know better. The second Geoff starts tweeting about it my hype will subside.

I actually think Doom 4 is a solid prediction.

The "series of massive significance" fits it at the end of the day. Love Doom or hate it, when it was first released, it defined a genre. A genre which just happens to have become arguably the biggest overall genre for this latest generation of gamers.

So yeah, I think it might be Doom. 

I am also thinking maybe, just maybe, it will also be used to showcase Sony's VR efforts?

Hear me out.

Even though Carmack left ID for Oculus Rift, it is safe to say he probably at least had something to do with the initial development of the next Doom.

He clearly is heavily into the idea of VR considering he did leave for OR.

So what if Doom 4 was developed with the idea of VR being implemented at some point in time from the ground up?

Could be the way Sony introduces it's VR solution.