Terminator: Genisys

72nQa.jpg

After testing a handful of guys, Jai Courtney has been tapped to play Kyle Reese in Paramount and Skydance?s ?Terminator? reboot.

Emilia Clarke is on board to play Sarah Connor and Jason Clarke will play John Connor. Arnold Schwarzenegger will also return in his iconic role. Alan Taylor is directing.

Plot details have not been revealed, other than this is the first film in a stand alone trilogy.

Skydance and Annapurna will co-finance along with the studio with David Ellison producing for Skydance. Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier penned the script.

Source

I'm not sure I get how this will work. The guy who they got to play John Connor is probably older than the person they got to play Sarah Connor. So I'm not sure how that's gonna work.

Oh god, he was terrible in Die Hard.

Not a good start.

Actually everything about A good Day to die hard was bad. So I wouldn't blame him, it was just a horrible movie.

• Like 2

Actually everything about A good Day to die hard was bad. So I wouldn't blame him, it was just a horrible movie.

Well I wasn't about to start splitting hairs but yeah it's a terrible movie, but his acting certainly wasn't redeeming either.

I don't think horrible is the term to describe A good day die to die hard. I'm not sure a word exist in any language to describe the level of failure this movie was. We would need to create a new word for that.

• 2 weeks later...

According to a report over at Moviehole, the story will reportedly be akin to the back half of "Back to the Future Part II" in that we'll return to and revisit some of the more iconic moments from the first two "Terminator" films.

As this plays with time and alternate timelines though, don't expect events to unfold in the same way. The report says the action will jump between the future, 1984, 1991 and other influential time periods in the life of the Connor family.

This will include everything from the Terminator attacking some punks in the opening scenes of the first, to the death of John Connor's foster parents in the second. In fact, the report claims that many of the supporting characters like the detective from the first film and Sarah's roommate Ginger are all a part of it. As are scenes we've not seen before such as young Sarah and her parents.

Source

I like this guy. It's not that he was terrible in Die Hard. The whole movie was a disappointment. It's the director's fault, not his. He was good in "Jack Reacher" and very good in "Spartacus".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Arnold Schwarzenegger Will Play Aged Cyborg

He tells MTV, "The way that the character is written, it's a machine underneath," Schwarzenegger continued. "It's this metal skeleton. But above that is human flesh. And the Terminator's flesh ages, just like any other human being's flesh. Maybe not as fast. But it definitely ages."

"Terminator deals a lot with time travel, so there will be a younger T-800," Arnold Schwarzenegger added, "and then what that model does later on when it gets reprogrammed, and who gets ahold of him. So it will be all kinds of interesting twists in the movie, but I feel so good."

4IoQYXi.jpg

Dayo Okeniyi, who played Thresh in The Hunger Games, has signed on to play the son of Miles Dyson, who was the Director of Special Projects at Cyberdyne Systems and portrayed by Joe Morton in Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Dyson was the man most directly responsible for Judgment Day

Source

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

?Doctor Who? Matt Smith Joins ?Terminator? Trilogy In Major Role

Here is something that should create a geek frenzy. Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions are setting the final major piece of the final trilogy of Terminator films. I?m told they are casting Matt Smith, who plays Doctor Who, in a major role that will grow in the second and third films.

Smith will join Game Of Thrones? Emilia Clarke (Sara Connor), Zero Dark Thirty?s Jason Clarke (John Connor), Jai Courtney (Kyle Reese), Day Okeniyi (Danny Dyson, son of the brainiac cyborg developer played by Joe Morton in Terminator: Judgment Day), and Arnold Schwarzenegger, who reprises his signature cyborg. The time-travel saga Terminator: Genesis is directed by Alan Taylor and has a July 1, 2015 released date. Smith is repped by UTA and Troika.

OMG Arnold looks old...  They will need to CGI him because, who would have the idea to build a cyborg that looks old??

OMG Arnold looks old...  They will need to CGI him because, who would have the idea to build a cyborg that looks old??

That's this whole franchise, in a nutshell, don't get me wrong, I loved the Terminator movies, but talk about milking a dead cow....

I'm not sure I'm looking forward to the scene where he arrives naked from the future.  He'll have to raid a nursing home for clothes :P

The filmmakers actually have a reasonable argument for this. The robot beneath the flesh is still a T-800 and still kicking ass, but the living tissue grows old anyway, like any living thing does. That's how the movie will portray Arnold's character, a T-800 but with some temporal usage.