I dun goofed big time with my RAID

raidextract but you need to setup linux to use it.  windows raid recovery doesn't seem to be as effective in my experience.

imo, never setup anything but raid1 on a personal use machine.

Hello,

So did someone on Reddit solve it?

This will take time. There have been some programs mentioned here that I hadn't tried so I'll go through them myself before having to write up another thread elsewhere. I started a scan with Testdisk and it's been running for 12 hours.

Hello,

This will take time. There have been some programs mentioned here that I hadn't tried so I'll go through them myself before having to write up another thread elsewhere. I started a scan with Testdisk and it's been running for 12 hours.

Did you try a LiveCD like I mentioned?

Intel RST...Uh. If you ever get your data back just pick up a HP P400 512MB with a battery for 20$ online.

20 bucks for a 8 port RAID6 card with a bettery backed cache = no brainer.

Sorry you're right, it's four 1TB drives. I used to have four 500GB drives.

LOL OK, I was thinking "why has nobody said anything ?  Does everyone here know something about RAID that I dont know ?  Maybe I dont know a damned thing ?!?!"   whew

Hello,

Sorry for going offtopic but comparing Neowin to Reddit is a joke :laugh:

I found it to be a very active and intelligent community, provided you ask in the right subreddits. I've also seen neowin headline/quote several reddit posts recently TBH - so I'm not sure what angle you are approaching this. Asking the same question to a broader audience never hurt anyone seeking knowledge. I think the OP knows how to wade through the added BS internet trolls will immediatly offer. I was trying to be as helpful as possible due to neowin being primarily a windows-focused site. I thought reddit could offer some further insight to the issue as it is incredibly diverse in users by comparison. I wasn't trying to shame neowin or its members or promote reddit in any way, sorry if thats how it was intrepreted. I was just trying to help a fellow site member resolve their problem ASAP.

Hello,

I found it to be a very active and intelligent community, provided you ask in the right subreddits. I've also seen neowin headline/quote several reddit posts recently TBH - so I'm not sure what angle you are approaching this. Asking the same question to a broader audience never hurt anyone seeking knowledge. I think the OP knows how to wade through the added BS internet trolls will immediatly offer. I was trying to be as helpful as possible due to neowin being primarily a windows-focused site. I thought reddit could offer some further insight to the issue as it is incredibly diverse in users by comparison. I wasn't trying to shame neowin or its members or promote reddit in any way, sorry if thats how it was intrepreted. I was just trying to help a fellow site member resolve their problem ASAP.

There are a lot more helpful communities technologically wise than reddit (including some that are on par or a bit better at times than Neowin)