Senior citizen banned from mall after untimely bathroom break

WEST ISLIP, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) ? A Long Island widower said he was shocked when he received a letter banning him from the Westfield South Shore Mall in Bay Shore for six months.

Anthony Arcese, 73, is part of a group of senior citizens who for years have been walking the mall for exercise.

?When you walk the mall one time around it?s a half a mile so all of us do like six times ? it?s a three-mile walk, then we sit down, we have a cup of coffee, we talk, we joke and we laugh,? Arcese told 1010 WINS? Mona Rivera.

He said he used the mall bathroom several times, before the mall officially opened, and was cited for trespassing.

Now, he can?t go anywhere near the mall until the ban expires on July 15.

A letter from management said Arcese is ?restricted from entering? the mall property, including parking lots, entrance sidewalks, restaurants and entrance roadways.

?I can?t go shopping, I can?t go to IHOP, I can?t go nowhere near the mall,? Arcese said.

His walking buddies call the ban excessive.

?It?s ridiculous,? Dennis Mattia, 67, said.

?You think kids get bullied? Well, unbelievable or not, old people get bullied,? Marie Mattia, 68, said.

1010 WINS is awaiting a response from mall management.

source

Don't worry, once this story starts making the local news, the ban will be rescinded in the usual "we made an error in judgment" fashion. A little negative publicity will solve this issue quickly.

• Like 1

So he trespassed into the mall before it was officially opened and now he's surprised that he's banned? He does realize that trespassing is illegal right? Even if it's just to use the bathroom or take a walk around.

The weird thing is, how were they able to walk around the mall when it wasn't open?

^ Around here, they allow Mall walkers, after 8 a.m. I think.

The individual shops/stores have metal gates.

And the bathrooms are not off limits.

• Like 2

WEST ISLIP, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) ? A Long Island widower said he was shocked when he received a letter banning him from the Westfield South Shore Mall in Bay Shore for six months.

Anthony Arcese, 73, is part of a group of senior citizens who for years have been walking the mall for exercise.

?When you walk the mall one time around it?s a half a mile so all of us do like six times ? it?s a three-mile walk, then we sit down, we have a cup of coffee, we talk, we joke and we laugh,? Arcese told 1010 WINS? Mona Rivera.

He said he used the mall bathroom several times, before the mall officially opened, and was cited for trespassing.

Now, he can?t go anywhere near the mall until the ban expires on July 15.

A letter from management said Arcese is ?restricted from entering? the mall property, including parking lots, entrance sidewalks, restaurants and entrance roadways.

?I can?t go shopping, I can?t go to IHOP, I can?t go nowhere near the mall,? Arcese said.

His walking buddies call the ban excessive.

?It?s ridiculous,? Dennis Mattia, 67, said.

?You think kids get bullied? Well, unbelievable or not, old people get bullied,? Marie Mattia, 68, said.

1010 WINS is awaiting a response from mall management.

source

Was I the only one who read that as Arse?