Post your Kbps with hi-speed

someone who is in toronto and using rogers internet and has over 1300 Down and more than 100 Up, can you send me your Internet settings like RWIN window settings and MTU settings? thanks

Originally posted by TaGer

I don't know you at all so I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. :ponder:

Really, I do hope some of ya'll know the difference between a kilobyte (KB) and kilobit (Kb) ;)

I'm on Rogers @Home (though I wonder why they still have the @Home tag, any fellow Canucks know?) and at noon, I am getting a miserable 398 Kb/s... bah... but then with edonkey and morpheus open... :D

Savard Software makes a great converter, not only for data transfer conversions but for mass, weight, anything you can think of.

Clearly, if you read my last post, i do understand :)

Originally posted by wd40

muhahahahahhahahah Beat this!

speed1.gif

Damn it! I'm downloading something so I'm getting this now.

speed2.gif

Clearly all you did was refresh a whole bunch of times, a person on 56k could get that speed with the help of a good cache system/program and clicking refresh almost a hundred times, although it would be much easier on broadband to do that, u would only have to click refresh about twice, see this:

speed.gif

ADSL Montreal

Your raw speed was 1355994.53 bits per second.

There are 3 meaningful ways we can interpret this number:

Communications

1.4 megabits per second

How communication devices are rated. Kilo means 1,000 and mega means 1,000,000. Examples include 56k modem and 10Mbit Ethernet

Storage

165.5 kilobytes per second

The way data is measured on your hard drive and how FTP programs measure transfer speeds. Kilo is 1,024 and mega is 1,048,576.

1MB file download

6.2 seconds

The time it would take you to download a 1 megabyte file at this speed.

Your raw speed was 1816407.98 bits per second.

There are 3 meaningful ways we can interpret this number:

Communications

1.8 megabits per second

How communication devices are rated. Kilo means 1,000 and mega means 1,000,000. Examples include 56k modem and 10Mbit Ethernet

Storage

221.7 kilobytes per second

The way data is measured on your hard drive and how FTP programs measure transfer speeds. Kilo is 1,024 and mega is 1,048,576.

1MB file download

4.6 seconds

The time it would take you to download a 1 megabyte file at this speed.

this is while i have a fserver up and i am downloading couple of zips.. about 100 mbs each.. :evil:

laterz ;)

Here's something strange! I tested the Vibe connection on some of the computers and they could only get 660 kbps! And yet, I can get 1.1 Mbps, even with with my cache cleared up! :D Man the Internet's strange! :D

why would your bandwith double with a new server. a faster server does not affect your bandwith. that is all before the server. now if your server switched to gigabit ethernet and hooks on to an oc3 them maybe the server might help but doubt. that is why a you can use a 166 linux box as a router becuse it does not matter the speed of the computer