A shallow milestone. But a milestone none the less.

On one hand you make me jealous - you've achieved what I've been trying to achieve for the past four years.

On the other hand you're an inspiration for me to try harder. Here's hoping I'll be able to post a similar milestone thread within a year from now.

Congratulations!

Same here, really looked at myself recently having hit 42 and was thoroughly disgusted with what I let myself become, then posts like this reinforce that notion and add to the motivation to keep working on it !!!

As a fatboy who seems ruled by indulgence and apathy, I envy you.  You look a lot better for it, and I'm pretty sure you just extended your life by a decade so tht way it is certainly not shallow.

However...

That iHop photo is the coolest pic you've posted man!

Gz dude. I'm currently trying to lose some weight too; I weighed 14st on my birthday (12th Jan) and I've managed to lose 5lb's since then. Hopefully I continue to see the scales going down.

Good job man. (Y) For someone like me at 41, working from home and living in the center it's hard.. I also enjoy a beer and everything is within walking distance whenever I go out.

I did lose some weight over the last year though, as it was getting out of hand :P

Same here, really looked at myself recently having hit 42 and was thoroughly disgusted with what I let myself become, then posts like this reinforce that notion and add to the motivation to keep working on it !!!

Hope this helps. I cannot strain enough that, if a chain of weight-loss events unfold, warwagon was the trigger.

As a fatboy who seems ruled by indulgence and apathy, I envy you.  You look a lot better for it, and I'm pretty sure you just extended your life by a decade so tht way it is certainly not shallow.

However...

That iHop photo is the coolest pic you've posted man!

Life without IHop would me meaningless :(

I promised to myself that I would not be like those who lose weight and get all douchey about it, negating themselves the pleasures of a great pancake, a sub, some fries, etc. The key is to compensate for what you eat, not stop eating at all.

Gz dude. I'm currently trying to lose some weight too; I weighed 14st on my birthday (12th Jan) and I've managed to lose 5lb's since then. Hopefully I continue to see the scales going down.

Once you start you cant stop. You'll be fine.

Good job man. (Y) For someone like me at 41, working from home and living in the center it's hard.. I also enjoy a beer and everything is within walking distance whenever I go out.

I did lose some weight over the last year though, as it was getting out of hand :p

I feel you. Beer was one of those thing I gave away. Every alcoholic beverage is rich on calories. If you add that beer has yeast and some sugar, not good combo. But the key here is to find a replacement, and since I live in mexico.... welcome tequila!

I'm not sure why you feel like this is a Shallow Milestone.  I don't think there is anything shallow about this.  You look awesome and should be proud of yourself.  I can only hope to have anywhere near the success that you have had.

Bravo to you!

• Like 3

I'm not sure why you feel like this is a Shallow Milestone.

Maybe it's because we always find justifications to explain our current situations. When fat I always told myself that 'looking to lose weight, to look better' was shallow. That thought gave me solace, I needed that solace.

Don?t know, some words just stick.

Thanks for the kind words.