Xbox One official price cut and sales

Return it.

I intend to try. Problem being: I've redeemed the FIFA 14 download code that came as part of the bundle.

I'll see what GAME say, not holding much hope though.

I dont know about retailers in the UK, but Amazon is great about price drops that occur soon after your purchase. It has happened to me a couple times and they just credit the difference.

Wait, I thought Sony was making a small profit on the ps4 just as MS was on the X1?

As far as it being enough, probably not.

I can't find a source on this but I am sure I remember reading the PS4 was profitable at two games sold.

I dont know about retailers in the UK, but Amazon is great about price drops that occur soon after your purchase. It has happened to me a couple times and they just credit the difference.

GAME are the Gamestop of US, i.e you can't get any worse.

This is a good start.  Microsoft's hand was going to be forced eventually.  May as well get it out the way now.

Microsoft, should have from the start went with this PR move:

All Xbox One's come with either DR3, Ryse, Forza, or Fifa digital download token.  And now to add to the family, the TitanFall bundle.  

It would have made the One look a tad bit better in pricing.  

I do love my Xbox One.  But Microsoft is it's own worst enemy...

This is very true.  Amazon was doing a promotion on something else I bought.  And I didn't get the promotion ($20 credit).  I asked, if it was possible to have $20 taken off my Xbox One purchase (wouldn't have cared if the didn't.  Amazon has been very good to me), and just like that I paid $479 for my Xbox One.

While obviously a business move due to the lack of sales in the UK...  just annoys me that the market they are most successful in (the US) gets the shaft?  Oh.. your country buys the most consoles from us... you get nothing...

Losing the UK at launch was a sore loss for MS (with the XB1 releasing first), especially after the 360's success. This was needed, but I'm sure the early adopters will be a little butthurt.

Its expected, but it would be better if they put in a physical copy. It needs up to 40GB for digital.

You have to install Xbox One games whether they're physical copies or digital copies, so not sure how that would matter.

Ah ok, well then, you have my condolences.

Yeah, chances are slim to none.

The bundle I got was actually a pretty decent deal (FIFA 14, Forza 5, Battlefield 4) for ?470. Just annoyed that the game I actually bought the console for will be bundled for free in a couple of weeks. 

While obviously a business move due to the lack of sales in the UK...  just annoys me that the market they are most successful in (the US) gets the shaft?  Oh.. your country buys the most consoles from us... you get nothing...

UK and EU are like the "swing states" of the console wars. It makes sense for them to try win us back and it minimizes their loses in a smaller market.

You have to install Xbox One games whether they're physical copies or digital copies, so not sure how that would matter.

Same story on PS4 but Sony included the disc and cases. Just better if you have you uninstall the game and you don't need to download all over again. That's my view on it anyway. I'm sure some just care about having physical copies of everything.

Yeah, chances are slim to none.

The bundle I got was actually a pretty decent deal (FIFA 14, Forza 5, Battlefield 4) for ?470. Just annoyed that the game I actually bought the console for will be bundled for free in a couple of weeks. 

Not the worst deal in the world, if GAME don't do anything for you go onto MS support and they might give you some XBL. Worth a shot anyway.

Same story on PS4 but Sony included the disc and cases. Just better if you have you uninstall the game and you don't need to download all over again. That's my view on it anyway. I'm sure some just care about having physical copies of everything.

I can understand that aspect of it, but it needs 40GB regardless, so the space issue is irrelevant. I can also understand having a preference, but if they're essentially giving it to you for free (same cost as a console without the game), I wouldn't complain :laugh:

Other places will probably get a price cut later, to be honest the UK price was the highest compared to all the rest, specially if a company is taking advantage of the exchange rate. Though to not pay taxes in the US the money probably stays where it is and doesn't get converted, still it's within their range.

They might be setting up to drop the price a bit before they release it in more markets, still surprised they haven't yet.

Bought my Xbox One on Saturday  :cry:

Yeah, I just got mine 16 days ago. Pretty awesome. I should have just waited, but I honestly didn't think this was going to happen so quickly.

I'd be more miffed if the price cut was higher but it doesn't sound so bad when you break it down.

I think we all knew they were going to have to cut the price of it, but damn did it happen quickly...

Maybe we can expect a new SKU to be revealed at E3 without the Kinect camera, which might push the price down to ?309? Suddenly, everything changes?.

Gamestop probably is, same with how someone said they cut the price of Ryse when MS put it on sale. Unless they get a bulk discount but I doubt it. 

• 1 month later...

Fixed the URL for you, it was pointing to the mobile site (Y)

Still is :p (I'd edit it myself but don't want you to read this post and think I'm stupid)

You guys in the UK are getting some great deals.

Just a shame I jumped on it so early, I'm not a big fan of Titanfall but then again, Forza was a bit of a disapointment too so the ?80 I would have saved if I just wated would have been nice.

I think this puts the XB1 as cheaper than the PS4 if you were to buy that with a game now.