I'm a PC and this is my Windows 9 concept

Not bad. But for me personally, the top bar needs to go. Maybe move the wifi/speaker icons over to the right where they should be, an condense the skype/xbox stuff down to the bottom bar? Also the explorer window has way too much wasted space for a file manager to be usable on a day to day basis. 

Not bad. But for me personally, the top bar needs to go. Maybe move the wifi/speaker icons over to the right where they should be, an condense the skype/xbox stuff down to the bottom bar? Also the explorer window has way too much wasted space for a file manager to be usable on a day to day basis. 

thanks for the feedback.  much appreciated.  

Any specific feedback so I can improve next time?

Everything... What I mean is, you've thrown everything at the screen.  Bits from every OS - it's crowded, cluttered and there is no cohesion between it all.

Visually it's rather unappealing, in large part due to the dark colour scheme. The Explorer mock-up is just horrible. The only aspect I like is the use of square tiles for applications on the taskbar.

Visually it's rather unappealing, in large part due to the dark colour scheme. The Explorer mock-up is just horrible. The only aspect I like is the use of square tiles for applications on the taskbar.

thanks for the feedback.  

I'm a PC and I hope some of these aesthetic/functional elements from my Windows 9 concept carry over to the real thing. 

Please leave any feedback.  

http://pharmassist.deviantart.com/art/This-is-Windows-9-436409503?ga_submit_new=10%253A1393259637&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1

edit:  Added some changes to second pic.  

There's a lot going on at the top.  How about taking that and aligning it to the left hand side, have it Auto hide, and make an arrow so that people who aren't as Tech Savvy will know that there is something there.

Hint. When you demo your concept, use a background that people can see the entire screen.  Black background hides the concept.  Black background with a gray task bar is a no-no also.  Your concept scatter all over the screen.  Simplify the modularity and keep colors in check.

Hmmm...Scrap it. Start over. Yes, the whole thing is a regurgitation. No offense :)

none taken.  

after looking back at it, it does looks a bit...off.  

just added some other changes with this one... don't know if it's any better, but whatever.

post-448555-0-02190500-1393263701.png

post-448555-0-31712000-1393264146.png

So... The titlebar is invisible? The whole concept is still too busy. Microsoft would never include Explorer backgrounds that would add unnecessary visual clutter. This concept doesn't even follow the basic Windows 8 design guidelines, let alone any other guidelines that I know of. Screen elements are too tiny to be of any use to anything but a mouse (remember, Microsoft is pushing for more neutral input methods). Also, multiple desktops are a concept that is most likely never coming to Windows.

Can I suggest:  These are just photoshops of random elements.  Not a concept.  A concept relied upon an architecture, an idea.  Start with that and evolve it - don't just take "Nice features" from other OS's and put them together.