Anyone use 99designs.com?

Question

I was advise by a fellow neowin to check out 99designs.com for my web design needs,I was curious if anyone else here on neowin has any experience with 99designs.com? Please share if you do as I am not familiar with 99designs and usually only do business on elance,fiverr or neowin for my web design needs however I would like to try 99 designs if it really is a place where talent can be found.

Thanks for your time,

SeeTheWorldSecond.

10 answers to this question

No, sorry, my wife used to se fife web solutions when she used to do web design, but at a guess I would say they're broadly similar

and for talent, you might want to check out places like avatarsbydesign.com, it used to be one of her paint houses

My mom, a website developer tried design for a bit. She tried logo design first and found this site. But, most of the designs on the site were weak, so she decide to drop it.

I'm not really a fan of any website with a freelancer system like this :/

I'd rather suggest looking someone up on dribbble/behance/forrst that suits your design style and try to contact him for a design.

You work for pennies and more of the designer are oversea because no good US designer would do spec work.

Also people do illegal stuff as in using royalty free stock photos like istock and never pays for the smallest version of the photo. Don't support spec work which 99 design is.

• Like 1

You work for pennies and more of the designer are oversea because no good US designer would do spec work.

Also people do illegal stuff as in using royalty free stock photos like istock and never pays for the smallest version of the photo. Don't support spec work which 99 design is.

Thank you for your shared experience with this business, I will avoid them.

PM Sent, also if your busy with work would you recommend any other company or individual?

I was using the site for a while but stopped because there were people who were stealing others creative ideas for their own designs and the sheer volume of designs being done is very high which can lesser your chances. If you are a company looking to have something created I'd say it's not so bad for what it is but best to avoid it.

It depends on how much money you're willing to shell out, and while on paper it's a great idea, it can also very easily happen that you get nothing worthy, and a website is generally something you're better of doing one-on-one because there's a lot of work involved.

And speaking to designers, I've freelanced there (still do when I'm bored or need quick cash), contrary to what people tell you, if you're good enough you can easily make some money there, but more importantly, it's a good way to build customer base. Other than that, yeah, avoid it.

I've used them 3 times but it was back when the rates where a lot cheaper. I bid in the middle-tier back then to attract more designs and have always come away with designs I loved for special logo projects. No, the logo in my name was not done there, I whipped that up myself.