Should have I went Windows Phone?

I didn't find to many good phones for free with contract and plus most only had 8 or 16 GB. Was thinking of going WP though. Was it a mistake now to ? I plan on going WP in the next 2 years when I can get a new phone. I didn't think they have matured enough yet.

Will any windows phones ever have high resolution, at least 32 GB, 2 GB of ram, and lots of apps ? As many as Android and iOS.

I think you answered your own question :s

"Free" smartphones on contract usually have the lowest storage specs, unless you pay a bit more for a 32/64gb version  (or higher spec) of the phone.

I think you answered your own question :s

"Free" smartphones on contract usually have the lowest storage specs, unless you pay a bit more for a 32/64gb version  (or higher spec) of the phone.

Maybe.

I got my LG G2 for free with contract. Though I knew it didn't have a expansion slot.

So do Windows Phones have 64 GB versions?

I'd say it totally depends what you want out of the phone. If your wanting mainstream apps/games then steer clear else the OS is actually very very nice and simple to use.  My wife loved hers as it has facebook, emails and calendar which was plenty enough.

I'd say it totally depends what you want out of the phone. If your wanting mainstream apps/games then steer clear else the OS is actually very very nice and simple to use.  My wife loved hers as it has facebook, emails and calendar which was plenty enough.

Ok thanks. Makes sense.

I had a Nokia 925 but I greatly missed Chrome, Chromecast support, YouTube amongst other applications.  Sadly the only way to get these is to go iOS or (being that most are Google owned) Android.

Should you have gone WP? probably not since it looks like your looking for a app centric device which WP8 just isn't at the moment. It has most of the general bases covered but there is still a big gap in niche and local apps compared to iOS and Android.

As for the specs your looking for, its a high end WP which you maybe able to find for 0$ but would likely need to be a promo. All of the recent high end Lumia have had 2GB ram 1080P displays and 32GB options. Not aware of any 64GB version but some have MicroSD to expand

8.1 devices coming later this year may bump the specs a bit but I wouldn't say to wait as there is always something new on the horizon and it rarely ever meets expectations.

• 4 weeks later...

I switched from an apple phone to a Lumia 520 yesterday, and so far I totally love it. However, I cannot receive texts from other iPhone users, even after removing myself from message, and calling apple. Oh well, I'll get it fixed eventually, but man do I love this thing! I haven't regretted it!

I meant iMessage, lol

I switched from an apple phone to a Lumia 520 yesterday, and so far I totally love it. However, I cannot receive texts from other iPhone users, even after removing myself from message, and calling apple. Oh well, I'll get it fixed eventually, but man do I love this thing! I haven't regretted it!

I meant iMessage, lol

I had to go on my iphone under message settings and unblock my phone number so only my email was associated with imessage.

I have Lumia 520 as well. It is simple, cheap, yet sufficient as I never have had a facbook, twit, social media accounts and, not into any game or other app things, even I deleted facbook logo on the screen. I like fack, but I am an endorsed facbook, twit, social media hater as said haters gonna hate. :) Only text, phone, shooting some photos, using MS office, FM radio,and recording lectures, but it is just me, it depends for purpose. To be honest I bought it for FM radio. Nokia map and nokia drive is free.

• Like 1

I have Lumia 520 as well. It is simple, cheap, yet sufficient as I never have had a facbook, twit, social media accounts and, not into any game or other app things, even I deleted facbook logo on the screen. I like fack, but I am an endorsed facbook, twit, social media hater as said haters gonna hate. :) Only text, phone, shooting some photos, using MS office, FM radio,and recording lectures, but it is just me, it depends for purpose. To be honest I bought it for FM radio. Nokia map and nokia drive is free.

Those are the only things I miss

but for neutrality, I believe navigation on all smartphones is free now (unless I'm mistaken)

I have been waiting for a while to get a Lumia 1520 32gb on AT&T. It has a Micro SD Card slot, 1080p screen, current processor, 2gb ram, it's missing wireless charging which sucks, and you can get it with 16gb or 32gb. So far I haven't found the 1520 for less than $75, which I would probably buy it at if I could find it that cheap now.

However, I can get an HTC One with 32GB for free at the moment. To me there should be an equivalent Windows phone deal. Maybe in April?