More unannounced Xbox One exclusives coming in 2014

Hedon

Xbox One's 2014 exclusives list doesn't begin and end with Titanfall, Microsoft Studios corporate vice-president Phil Spencer has assured followers on Twitter - there are Other Things on the way, lurking in the periphery of our vision like... Hmm, what's the appropriate reference point? Something from Microsoft's back catalogue, I guess. OK: like a cloaked Elite waiting to pounce.

More at link.

http://www.totalxbox.com/72233/more-unannounced-xbox-one-exclusives-coming-in-2014/

Quote from Phil:

@cotugnovincenzo Had to think about this: out this year, unannounced and exclusive. Yes.

Boom! My hard drive is over half full and it's only been 90 days. We need that external HDD patch quick for all these damn games!

• Like 2
techbeck

Boom! My hard drive is over half full and it's only been 90 days. We need that external HDD patch quick for all these damn games!

Still waiting for this as well.  Everything the XBOX 360 could do should of been what the X1 can do right from the start.

• Like 1
XorpiZ

I'm really looking forward to E3. Lots of big announcements to be made!

the better twin

Just sounds like Halo 2 Anniversary to me.

Hedon

Just sounds like Halo 2 Anniversary to me.

Huh?

George P

I expect E3 to be big on the games front but isn't GDC coming up first? I read a post today saying that MS is going to showoff the next version of DX, probably DX12.

Mandosis

Still waiting for this as well.  Everything the XBOX 360 could do should of been what the X1 can do right from the start.

Its not that easy to do when you start making everything from scratch again but that should have been a goal higher up on their list of priorities.

Hedon

Yeah, I am not to bothered that these new gen consoles were missing features. They are coming, so no worries there. We got great games, which is the most important part.

George P

If they stick to monthly updates like it sounds like then all or most of these features are going to be added before the holidays arrive.

Andrew

If they stick to monthly updates like it sounds like then all or most of these features are going to be added before the holidays arrive.

But that's a years progress lost on real new features instead of just getting back to what we already had.

I'm sure they'll be adding a mix of old and new stuff but still, how can they screw up parties when they perfected it 5/6yrs ago

Hedon

how can they screw up parties when they perfected it 5/6yrs ago

This is Microsoft we are talking about. They have a history of screwing up things.

George P

It's clear to me that they rushed it, it should've had another year of work on it but saying that I expect a mix of missing and new features to come, March is adding the new twitch features for example while also fixing parties. Same could be the case going forward in the next updates.

GotBored

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

He doesnt make it sound very promising, but at least we know there is at least one unannounced xbox exclusive coming out in 2014.

Andrew

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

I would hope so in a debut year! If the last exclusive was in March that'd be pretty worrying. Doing it from memory isn't easy with such a busy release calendar :laugh:

trooper11

Seems like Sony and MS decided to rush to market and it resulted in two consoels that lacked many features of the previous versions.

But that's a years progress lost on real new features instead of just getting back to what we already had.

I'm sure they'll be adding a mix of old and new stuff but still, how can they screw up parties when they perfected it 5/6yrs ago

Again, its a result of starting over. They couldnt just port features for whatever reason. The reason they took this hit was mostly due to the fact that the 360 OS was simply too limited to carry over to the next gen and offer MS the flexibility they wanted. Moving to a windows 8 core opens up a lot of options, but it means they have to suffer this period of severe lack in features.

Sony made a similar choice for the ps4, sacrificing many features of the ps3 in order to build a more robust OS for the future.

Andrew

Seems like Sony and MS decided to rush to market and it resulted in two consoels that lacked many features of the previous versions.

Again, its a result of starting over. They couldnt just port features for whatever reason. The reason they took this hit was mostly due to the fact that the 360 OS was simply too limited to carry over to the next gen and offer MS the flexibility they wanted. Moving to a windows 8 core opens up a lot of options, but it means they have to suffer this period of severe lack in features.

Sony made a similar choice for the ps4, sacrificing many features of the ps3 in order to build a more robust OS for the future.

I'm not talking about literally copying and pasting code, but they didn't think to include parties and have them behave like they did before? They've stripped back the OS to barebones almost and only worked on the new stuff exclusive to X1. And yeah, this is an issue for both, I'm not picking on MS/X1 here. Removing CD/MP3 etc was a foolish move.

123456789A

I hope Microsoft leverages some of its IPs and creates a Minesweeper MMO for Xbox One.

• Like 1
GotBored

I would hope so in a debut year! If the last exclusive was in March that'd be pretty worrying. Doing it from memory isn't easy with such a busy release calendar :laugh:

I think they'll have more exclusives, this is just for unannounced exclusives.

I think they are talking about Halo 2 Anniversary, because it was a voice actor who leaked that info and the game hasn't been announced yet.

Plus they said a halo game was coming in 2014 and its not Halo 5.

I would be extremely disappointed if this is the only unannounced exclusive the Xbox One has coming in 2014.. but I wouldn't be surprised. 

McKay

As the Xbox One HDD is a 5400RPM SATA 2 drive, I wonder if an external USB3 SSD will be faster.

Showan

I wonder how many of these exclusives are fresh new IP's versus (insert game title here) part 12.

Don't get me wrong, not all sequels are bad. But sometimes you got to give an IP a break.

Phil says they have invested a cool $$$-billion-$$$ into games alone for next gen.

Hopefully it nets a range of smaller, mid, AAA, and games with heavy Kinect integration...

• Like 2
GotBored

As the Xbox One HDD is a 5400RPM SATA 2 drive, I wonder if an external USB3 SSD will be faster.

Yes, it would.

McKay

Yes, it would.

Boggles the mind how both PS4 and XO put SATA 2 drives in their machines, (The PS4 even more so since they allow users to change the drive, resulting in SSD's running at half speed). They're supposed to be cutting edge and last for years to come. SATA 2 just seems so old. Why not 3?

GotBored

Boggles the mind how both PS4 and XO put SATA 2 drives in their machines, (The PS4 even more so since they allow users to change the drive, resulting in SSD's running at half speed). They're supposed to be cutting edge and last for years to come. SATA 2 just seems so old. Why not 3?

I haven't been able to find conclusive evidence to suggest both consoles use SATA2, I know people have upgraded their PS4 hard drives with SATA3 drives and SSD drives and seen a noticeable improvement so I doubt that it uses SATA2.. But same as the Xbox One because SATA3 has been a standard for a few years.

Hedon

I wonder how many of these exclusives are fresh new IP's versus (insert game title here) part 12.

Don't get me wrong, not all sequels are bad. But sometimes you got to give an IP a break.

Phil says they have invested a cool $$$-billion-$$$ into games alone for next gen.

Hopefully it nets a range of smaller, mid, AAA, and games with heavy Kinect integration...

All the console makers recycle the pretty much same IP's over and over as well as add new ones. But people are not only asking for new, but they are asking for sequels.