Comcast and overage with data

I got an email from Comcast saying that I only have 30GB left in my 300 GB. I'm a heavy Netflix and Hulu Plus user and I'm surprise that I would hit the 300GB. I'm not sure when they reset again. Is it the first of the month?

Email said that they will charge me $10 more for 50GB if I go over the use age. This is why I hate Comcast.

The Usage Meter resets on the first of each month at 0000 hrs UTC (GMT), which is 7PM the previous day Eastern Standard Time. 

wow i thought comcast has suspended that cap and were only going after the heaviest of users while they figured out where to set the bar with all the new digital consumption options? this is what my current usage from comcast says

post-3403-0-32980500-1393595951.jpg

wow i thought comcast has suspended that cap and were only going after the heaviest of users while they figured out where to set the bar with all the new digital consumption options? this is what my current usage from comcast says

Comcast is test marketing bringing the caps back with various penalties. The OP is in one such test market it seems.

Comcast is test marketing bringing the caps back with various penalties. The OP is in one such test market it seems.

Hopefully one of the benefits of small state life will be that it takes forever for that to happen here

It was never disabled in some markets.

On the good side for the OP, today is the last day of the month so you won't have an issue until next month.

It was never disabled in some markets.

On the good side for the OP, today is the last day of the month so you won't have an issue until next month.

Yes, but the new test marketing isn't just the cap (which used to result in a call then a service cancellation), but overage charges when the cap is exceeded.

See: http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/126087