You get what you pay for?

I pre-ordered Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, but what I have been wondering is why is the price of the game steadily dropping.  Don't get me wrong, I like a good deal as much as the next guy.  Currently the price of this game on Amazon.com is 29.99, down from an already reduced 39.99 and the game hasn't even come out yet.

Could it be because, Konami is showing some love to gamers or is it that Konami, know that they have created a turd and they want to lesson the impact by making people feel that at least they didn't spend 60 bucks on it.

Just curious as to what you guys thought.

CT

2 hour game? I thought this was supposed to come packaged with Phantom pain as a sort of prologue intro to the main game like a trainer level. They are stupid for releasing it separately if it's not at least an 8hr campaign. I'll just wait for Phantom Pain and pick this up in Walmarts garbage ...errr, sale bin for cheap.

Yeah I don't think it's them showing 'love', they've obviously been seeing a lot of criticism and trying to force more people to buy it by lowering the price.

I think Kojima is probably right in that there will be more play time through side missions after you've completed the main storyline, but how much there actually is is up in the air.

it is a slightly annoying trick on their part, similar to what Sony did with GT5 back in the heyday of the PS3/360 era. It should have been part of the main game, but I guess they need the money. Am sure it will be more than 2 hours if you do everything, though it ought to be $20. Will still get it, pretty sure.

Because Konami/Kojima have been criticized for the length of the game. Supposedly it takes less than 2 hours to finish.

that 2 hour claim was "as little as" meaning if you did a speed run. Take your time and enjoy the game and you might get 4 :pinch:

• Like 1

Yeah... I gave on up pre-ordering after the quality of game releases became less consistent.  I'm sick of wasting money and getting excited about a game only to have to be a turd sandwich. :P

Yeah... I gave on up pre-ordering after the quality of game releases became less consistent.  I'm sick of wasting money and getting excited about a game only to have to be a turd sandwich. :p

So true.

Let's stop being so pessimistic...to say games are getting worse is a really negative way of looking at things I think. If every field of human endeavor went from Pong to Crysis 3 in four decades we'd be rulers of the galaxy by now. Some trends are not so great I admit, but that's just because gaming is big business with a buddy buddy enthusiast mentality...which has its ups and downs. They love us and we love them, so hey, what's thirty forty bucks between friends?

I think I've seen it as low as ?23 at some places so shop around! This is just like the GT prologue that was released a few years ago, I'm not sure what it will add to the MG story line but I can't help but view it as a glorified demo.

• Like 1

The only games I pre-order are big-name games.  Currently I have:

Destiny
Diablo 3
Drive Club 
Infamous SS

On pre-order.  I would never pre-order anything that wasn't a "Full game" or was considered a pre-game game.  I work too hard for my money to just be throwing it away.  With all my pre-orders (sans d3) I get something bouns.  Destiny I get beta access, Drive Club I get some Amazon special package, and for Infamous I get the limited edition. 

The only games I pre-order are big-name games.  Currently I have:

Diablo 3

On pre-order.

You mean the expansion right?

I will wait until they sell the bundle MGS 5 game with the Phantom pain and ground zeroes. I will not buy a game that is part of the other.

They are technically separate games...but you are right of course from a logic perspective. This is like Case Zero for Dead Rising 3, except that one was like five bucks I think. I will still get it, just to support them, but it ought to be cheaper, ten to twenty.

You mean the expansion right?

No, D3 for PS4 isn't out yet, it will be launching w/ expansion included.  I haven't pre-ordered the expansion for PC (though I do own d3).

No, D3 for PS4 isn't out yet, it will be launching w/ expansion included.  I haven't pre-ordered the expansion for PC (though I do own d3).

Ah my bad, didn't know they were doing a PS4 version.

I liken Ground Zeroes to GT Prologue games. If you desperately want to play more of the series then it will be worth it, otherwise.. just wait. It'll be in bargain bins in no time.

######? That's not even a game in my book?

If the game is hard and has a lot of replay value it's not a problem. Most NES and SNES games can be completed in 2 hours by a skilled players. Lot of them are superior to many of todays "AAA" title.

This said i highly doubt Ground Zeroes is hard and has a lot of replay value.