Best Linux Distributions

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

configure

So.. did it work?

MulletRobZ

I'll try it sometime tonight, configure!

me101

Mandrake is possibly the best distro for beginners, I actually liked it when I had it on my system, but as always went back to good olde faithful, Debian.

• 2 weeks later...
MulletRobZ

Then again, the full version of Debian has to be bought online! :mad:

configure

BOUGHT?! The thing is free dude.. I think there're someone distributing the CD free too (in US & Canada). I'll check it out and get back with info.. so stick around.. ;)

QuaKeD

awww :o

There's no point of distribution in Argentina. Maybe because more than half of the world have no idea we even exist? :D

• 2 weeks later...
MulletRobZ
Originally posted by configure

BOUGHT?! The thing is free dude.. I think there're someone distributing the CD free too (in US & Canada). I'll check it out and get back with info.. so stick around.. ;)

If you have a slow connection (eg. 56K), wthen you'd have no choice but to buy it or to copy someone else's disk unless if you can wait for days straight for the darn thing to download! And that's why I bought the Standard Edition of Mandrake! The download only comes with 2 CD's, the Standard comes with 3, and the PowerPack comes with 7!

Cubano

For some reason, I have always liked slackware. So far, I have tried RedHat , and Slackware seems to have more features. I guess is the user-friendliness that draws me away from it

MulletRobZ

Slackware? Where can I get more information on this distro? :)

vincent_inactive

My favorite distrobution is RedHat 6.2. Nice and Stable. It does the job.! :D ;)

configure

Redhat6.x was a joke, lots of fixes and patches, and I've heard that it has a broken GCC. Oh well.. you prolly patched 'em all up... right? :D

vincent_inactive

Of course, I made myself a RedHat 6.2 Service pack cd . lol :D

I have downloaded all the patches and updates....!!! I use it at home as a gateway :)

configure

Nice.. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Toxicfume

Slackware :s

Some Guy #2

I'm using mandrake right now but I am planning on switching over to debian soon. Mandrake is a great distro but all the wizards and **** keep you from learning what is actually going on and how to set it up manually.

MulletRobZ

I'm still trying to crack some of the advanced codes in Linux-Mandrake, but I'm still being screwed up, one way or another! I learn new stuff about Linux and other computer issues all the time! :)