Cheap UK Hosting

Go to solution Solved by Majesticmerc,

Question

+Dick Montage

Hi

Looking for a little shared hosting, nothing special just PHP, mySQL database, allowed to have subdomains, etc.

Any suggestions?  It's only for personal use / playing around with

11 answers to this question

+Majesticmerc

I go to the states for my hosting. Haven't really seen any decent UK hosts that are good value for money. I use A Small Orange for my needs. Works well enough, and the price is right too.

EDIT: Happy birthday!

• Like 2
+Dick Montage

Wow, kinda assumed someone would pipe up within minutes.

+Fahim S.

I use UKHost4U - very happy with the service I receive.

• Like 1
+Dick Montage

Thank you, ASO seem perfect, ta :)

+John Teacake

Tagadab or Patchman Hosting. 

Grunt

ASO started having problems for me, so I switched to UK hosting.

So some chump here recommended:http://www.minthost.com/ :D

game_over

ASO is great but as stated: they are not a UK company and are no longer a small 'home grown' hosting company and are now lost in a big corporate mine field.

I am just about to launch my own web hosting company (just doing finishing touches to the website and server tweaking), i would like to invite you to try it out, my smallest package is ?2.99/month (or cheaper for a year) which should be sufficient for your needs. You can have your first month free no payment required, you only need to pay if you are happy after the free period is up, if not you can walk away no strings but would love to know why. Same offer goes for any other member.

PM if interested.

wongle

I've used www.unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk for few years now and never had a problem with them :)

jamieakers

www.tsohost.co.uk every time.  They're cheap, reliable, UK based and their customer support is astonishing.  E.g. working on a hobby project at 2AM and got a response from their help team within 3 minutes.  Give them a go, you will not find better.