33 Dead, 130 Injured in China Knife-Wielding Spree

It sounds like you are living in Beirut, not the United States. How would personal firearms defend you from friggin' car bombs?

easy, they would shoot the perp with the remote/cellular/timed detonator just like in the media. Everyone knows how, the old guys learned it watching  movies from John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, while all the younger guys learned it from Call of Duty.

easy, they would shoot the perp with the remote/cellular/timed detonator just like in the media. Everyone knows how, the old guys learned it watching  movies from John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, while all the younger guys learned it from Call of Duty.

Bombs are illegal so we don't have to worry about bombs :)..

Bombs are illegal so we don't have to worry about bombs :)..

But I thought legality was irrelevant? Criminals don't care about the law, remember?

I don't think you can have it both ways. You can't argue anti-gun laws are pointless because criminals don't care about the law, but also argue we needn't worry about criminals making explosives or acquiring illegal arms because they are illegal.

But I thought legality was irrelevant? Criminals don't care about the law, remember?

I don't think you can have it both ways. You can't argue anti-gun laws are pointless because criminals don't care about the law, but also argue we needn't worry about criminals making explosives or acquiring illegal arms because they are illegal.

I was being sarcastic. Laws won't and don't stop determined individuals.. 

Knife license, lol. How am I going to be able to cut my steak at dinner?

You'll have to go through a background check that includes checks for any mental illnesses, once you get you're knife/knives they have to be secured in a safe. If you have kids you're not allowed to own metal knives, plastic table knives are ok though. 

I was being sarcastic. Laws won't and don't stop determined individuals.. 

It is traditional to add /s to the end of a sarcastic post :p Sarcasm in writing isn't always obvious.

Anyway, the point still stands. If things are getting that bad, where friggin' explosives and R/C bombs are being used, then what hope would you have of defending yourself against that? As I said, it sounds more like a Middle East warzone than a U.S. city.

Knife license, lol. How am I going to be able to cut my steak at dinner?

Better have your steak license, too. Red meat without the paperwork is a capital offence!  :laugh:

Ban the laws!                                            oops...almost forgot                                                       /s

:P

• Like 1